Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned on 2 accounts, one was barley botted (07 scape)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Default Banned on 2 accounts, one was barley botted (07 scape)

Hey guys I always thought that simba was near undetectable, because I had never got perm banned.
    Well today I woke up to 2 accounts banned, Lost 12m total gp and membership. The accounts were both on different Ip's. They were both tanning hides in members but one of them I hadnt touched for a week, until yesterday. So yea just a message to anyone that says or thinks simba is undetectable It is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

btw, I Was using SMART. I think I wont use that anymore

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

SMART probably is being detected, but there's really no evidence to suggest that Simba is. Unless someone got banned using color only on the official client, there isn't really enough evidence to suggest that it's being detected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

I'm still not convinced that they bother to detect smart. From my (limited) experience it's their heuristics detection that take care of most of the post tutorial island bans in osrs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Since I was temp banned, I've been using the official client + Simba. No SMART and no OpenGL. Been "playing" 10 hours a day for 3 months. So far so good.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anoobis View Post
    I'm still not convinced that they bother to detect smart. From my (limited) experience it's their heuristics detection that take care of most of the post tutorial island bans in osrs.
    Well smart uses setAccessible, same as some other java bots. To say they don't detect SMART is to say that they don't detect most other java bots.

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    Since I was temp banned, I've been using the official client + Simba. No SMART and no OpenGL. Been "playing" 10 hours a day for 3 months. So far so good.
    What are your mouse movements like? just curious.
    Last edited by Kasi; 01-04-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Well smart uses setAccessible, same as some other java bots. To say they don't detect SMART is to say that they don't detect most other java bots.
    This is in line with what I believe given the success and lifespan of the other Java bots. Maybe they do run a check upon a manual review, but I'm not sure it matters at that point. I just mean to say I don't think running a java client is the leading factor in being caught and banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I think IM going to use simba + Osbuddy just to look more like the average player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I found a really good Os to use In vm's for this. Its called Micro xp, 256mb is more than enough to run the Os, runescape, and proxifier.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anoobis View Post
    I just mean to say I don't think running a java client is the leading factor in being caught and banned.
    Of-course it is. setAccessible is a java method, most, if not all java clients use setAccessible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

What are your mouse movements like? just curious.
    Normal ones, Human Mouse by Flight
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

How do you use that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

(HumanMouse)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SimbaOp View Post
    (HumanMouse)
    You've double posted three times in this thread. Use the edit button.

This is an edit (hint hint): I think the mouse movement you're asking about is the default in AeroLib. https://github.com/J-Flight/AeroLib/...ler.simba#L671
    Last edited by Citrus; 01-04-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    You've double posted three times in this thread. Use the edit button.

This is an edit (hint hint): I think the mouse movement you're asking about is the default in AeroLib. https://github.com/J-Flight/AeroLib/...ler.simba#L671
    Thanks, will do

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

SMART probably is being detected, but there's really no evidence to suggest that Simba is. Unless someone got banned using color only on the official client, there isn't really enough evidence to suggest that it's being detected.
    I've gotten a few 120's using Simba/NXT, but have been banned using SMART.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    I've gotten a few 120's using Simba/NXT, but have been banned using SMART.
    How are you using NXT? I think none of the interfaces I've been trying to interact with work yet.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    How are you using NXT? I think none of the interfaces I've been trying to interact with work yet.
    Off topic to thread, but actionbar works, lodestone works, and im sure more do as well but I haven't tested everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

They may have banned them because its a heavily goldfarmed area

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the henhead View Post
    They may have banned them because its a heavily goldfarmed area
    I'd also agree on this theory. I can say without a doubt using SMART or the official client is not a factor when it comes to detection. I've had a number of accounts banned while running Simba through the official client. I have a strong feeling that the area your character is botting in has different tiers of macro detection. Either that or the task your character is doing has multiple tiers of macro detection, one of the two. I've personally had multiple accounts banned by runecrafting in the Abyss, some using SMART (with and without reflection) and some the normal client. And on the other hand I've had characters banned just by fighting NPCs in the Stronghold of Security.

So that suggests it could be a number of reasons why one's accounts are being detected. Clients? Possibly, but certainly not only. Length of time played, with or without breaks. Items/gold generated in X amount of time. How much average players can stand to do the task you're doing compared to how often you are. Or it may simply be a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time and being reported and/or hit by a bot-busting moderator doing a sweep. I don't believe we'll ever know for sure, the best we can do to avoid their detection is to anticipate their reasoning and examine detection from all angles; put yourself in their shoes so to speak.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Personally I found that the best anti-ban is not to lend accounts to @Olly;'s friends ;P
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

You've mentioned abbys with and without reflection - was the time it took for banhammer to hit any different, or was it exactly the same? How long did accounts even survive on average?

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bago47 View Post
    You've mentioned abbys with and without reflection - was the time it took for banhammer to hit any different, or was it exactly the same? How long did accounts even survive on average?
    The first time took much longer to be caught. I had trained to 75 Runecrafting myself (by hand and scripts to craft Astral/Nature runes) then made it to 96 when the first ban occurred. At 97 the second and permanent ban was issued. Most of the usage was done with the reflection version of my script however the color version worked to many, many hours. On my second abyssal rc-ing account the only script used was the color version, however it also utilized SMART. This account made it to upper 70's I believe, starting from level 44 in the Abyss.

Now tying these two accounts with at least two others that were banned, both using the official client suggests they were now flagged, at least not totally, due to SMART and/or Reflection. But without a doubt, the oldest two accounts of the 4+ lasted the longest, so I believe account age plays a major role in detection, but obviously not limited to it.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

@Flight; Have you ever botted an account without ever using SMART?

I believe account age is a factor too, But i think it comes second to client detection. I think that whether they choose to ban you depends on account age, type of bot, members and stuff like that.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

@Flight; Have you ever botted an account without ever using SMART?

I believe account age is a factor too, But i think it comes second to client detection. I think that whether they choose to ban you depends on account age, type of bot, members and stuff like that.
    I can't quite remember if my very last account ever logged in using SMART or not. Off the top of my head I'd say it didn't, but it's possible I had jumped on SMART at least once for the sake of being able to utilize my laptop while running a script. If hat's the case then it sure would be a more solid factor: straight client detection.

When I have AeroLib updated I'll create an account from scratch and limit it to using the official client and see how far that takes me.

Current projects:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information