Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: All-In-One RS3 and SRL6 Scripting Tutorial!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

@OzoneClutch

I'm on my phone at the moment and I won't have access to a computer until tomorrow, but I will PM it to you then.

Btw, I'm flattered that people keep mentioning my LSU script, I don't even think it's very good, lol. :P

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    @OzoneClutch

I'm on my phone at the moment and I won't have access to a computer until tomorrow, but I will PM it to you then.

Btw, I'm flattered that people keep mentioning my LSU script, I don't even think it's very good, lol. :P
    Haha, well good or not it'll help me out a ton cuz right now this SPS mapping thing is kicking my butt.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

@OzoneClutch

Quote Originally Posted by OzoneClutch View Post
    Haha, well good or not it'll help me out a ton cuz right now this SPS mapping thing is kicking my butt.
    He's right, it's not even that good

It will get the job done for ya though, especially with helping you get the lodestones for your char creator. Like evilcitrus said, your map should have at least a full minimap of "overhang" around the area you'll be walking so that it can accurately detect where you are. There's also a few settings that you can mess around with if you need more accuracy.

This thread and this post should be helpful in figuring out the settings for SPS maps.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    He's right, it's not even that good

It will get the job done for ya though, especially with helping you get the lodestones for your char creator. Like evilcitrus said, your map should have at least a full minimap of "overhang" around the area you'll be walking so that it can accurately detect where you are. There's also a few settings that you can mess around with if you need more accuracy.

This thread and this post should be helpful in figuring out the settings for SPS maps.
    I'm at work so can't look in depth at those but it sounds like I just need to overlay my maps (resulting in alot more work but shouldn't be too bad with a copy & paste) opposed to trying to piece them together. Also, haven't seen his script yet but I am curious as to how he got it to click the lodestone, I tried adding in a mouseover text function with colors but it is hit and miss (the colors seem to range too much and yes I grabbed multiple colors from the ACA) the entire middle section of the lodestone is a solid color between world hopping I only found a total of 4 colors and the end result apparently isn't working. That being said I'm wondering if it would be better to add in for it to simply search for a mousebox and then look for the mouseover text inside of the TBox (with a DTM?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

I would like to say a big thank you for this tutorial. Helped me a lot. Hopefully, in a week or so my trading bot will be ready for use :P
    Everything is achievable!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OzoneClutch View Post
    I'm at work so can't look in depth at those but it sounds like I just need to overlay my maps (resulting in alot more work but shouldn't be too bad with a copy & paste) opposed to trying to piece them together. Also, haven't seen his script yet but I am curious as to how he got it to click the lodestone, I tried adding in a mouseover text function with colors but it is hit and miss (the colors seem to range too much and yes I grabbed multiple colors from the ACA) the entire middle section of the lodestone is a solid color between world hopping I only found a total of 4 colors and the end result apparently isn't working. That being said I'm wondering if it would be better to add in for it to simply search for a mousebox and then look for the mouseover text inside of the TBox (with a DTM?)
    I used a rip off version of Mayor's object finder to find the lodestones, each of them has a unique enough set of colours that you can search for them once you know they're on screen.

I've just PM'd you the script, let me know if you don't get it. No guarantees that it still even works though, and for goodness sake, don't go down the route of static TBox's that I did through pure frustration, lol.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

I used a rip off version of Mayor's object finder to find the lodestones, each of them has a unique enough set of colours that you can search for them once you know they're on screen.

I've just PM'd you the script, let me know if you don't get it. No guarantees that it still even works though, and for goodness sake, don't go down the route of static TBox's that I did through pure frustration, lol.
    Got the PM, I don't care if it works still or not, I just want to see how you wrote it so maybe I can integrate something similar (to at least get it to work) and static TBox's are a no go...i'll look into that object finder (is that the DTMS thing)?

Edit: @Incurable; Got it thanks alot. Slightly depressed, looks way complicated, hopefully because I haven't done it myself. We will see how this turns out... haha :P

Edit2:
    @The Mayor; @KeepBotting; @3Garrett3;
    Okay guys, let me explain again what is occuring. Basically using SPS does not work with using multiple maps. It tries to calc my player position based on the currently loaded map, in the example below you'll see that my playerpos at the end is 150,327. It then loads a NEW map and the starting position on the new map (which is directly on top of the ending position on the map) is picking my playerpos but it's detecting that the coordinates for that map are 193,153 not 150,327 even though its the same spot (I understand it's slightly different but not THAT different). That being said if you don't understand I encourage you to test it for yourself, you simply need to create your own map and copy the array path.

Notice the area is almost identical (center is close to identical as well obviously) note the positions in red though!
    Attachment 25264

Simba Code:
    procedure Taverly2;
      var
        WTL2: TPointArray;
        Taverly2: TSPSArea;
      begin;
        Taverly2.setup('WTL2',RUNESCAPE_OTHER,3,150,0.65); //WTL2 map
        WTL2 :=  [Point(200, 133), Point(202, 166), Point(196, 217), Point(196, 262), Point(176, 287), Point(172, 298), Point(151, 316), Point(150, 327)];
          if Taverly2.walkPath(WTL2) then
            begin
              wait (random(300,600));
              minimap.waitPlayerMoving();
              wait (random(300,600));
            end
          else
            writeLn ('Failed to walk');
      end;

procedure ActivateTaverly;
      var
        x, y, i: integer;
      begin
        if not isLoggedIn() then
          exit
          else
          mainscreen.findObject(x, y, 5660509, 1, colorSetting(2, 1.86, 0.98), mainscreen.playerPoint, 20, 20, 1, ['averly', 'lodes'], MOUSE_LEFT);
          wait(randomRange(7000, 10000));
          mouse(point(288,211),MOUSE_LEFT);
      end;

procedure Falador;
      var
        WTFalador: TPointArray;
        Falador: TSPSArea;
      begin;
        Falador.setup('WTFalador',RUNESCAPE_OTHER,3,150,0.65);
        WTFalador := [Point(193, 153), Point(214, 198), Point(215, 244), Point(238, 255), Point(270, 265), Point(295, 248), Point(332, 227), Point(353, 212), Point(361, 177)];
        if Falador.walkPath(WTFalador) then
          begin
             wait (random(300,600));
              minimap.waitPlayerMoving();
              wait (random(300,600));
            end
          else
            writeLn ('Failed to walk');
      end;
     Begin;
      clearDebug();
      smartEnableDrawing := true;
      setupSRL();
        if isloggedin() then
          begin;
            //lodestoneSetup;
            //Taverly1;
            Taverly2;
            //ActivateTaverly;
            Falador;
          end
            else
              begin
                createPlayer;
                SkipTutorial;
                interfaceSetup;
                lodestoneSetup;
                Taverly1;
                Taverly2;
                ActivateTaverly;
                Falador;

end;
      end.

Edit 3: As a workaround I suppose I could make my maps extremely small and have a single map for each point to point interaction, albeit that's going to be 600 maps (probably not close but you get the point) and alot of effort. Any other ideas/workarounds? I think I could do as @Incurable; did and use a single huge map (he did it or I read a thread/post on it) and just have 2 second wait times which if that's the best route to take then so be it.

Edit 4: I have a crazy idea (currently testing failed miserably) but due to the way that it is interacting I could in theory have it go from top to bottom of the map I load, then rotate my next map so that my beginning position starts at my last ending position (for the way SPS sees it (ex. Top of Map A. ends at the bottom, Map B. Begins at the bottom and the path goes to the TOP)) although assuming this works it'll be a bit annoying but sounds like my best option unless one of you have a better idea or I am completely not understanding what is going on.

Edit 5: giving up for the night, that being said getplayerpos... does that come from the sps map? If so is there a way to force change it to detect your at location x,y and then start next map coords within that area?
    Last edited by Clutch; 03-11-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Great guide! Looking forward to scripting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Wow... amazing guide to start with!

Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Thanks for the awesome starting guide. Setting aside a few hours this weekend to stumble through creating a basic script.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Rep+ Mayor, this guide was extremely helpful!
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Thanks, Awesome Tutorial!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

This is some guide, will be having a good read this weekend.

Edit:
    So, just got one more section to work through - mining the ore (or fishing the fish in my case)
    I have found this very helpful and would like to thank you!
    Last edited by GetHyper; 06-06-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chubeam View Post
    Great guide! Looking forward to scripting
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyeks View Post
    Wow... amazing guide to start with!

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallP3n0r View Post
    Thanks for the awesome starting guide. Setting aside a few hours this weekend to stumble through creating a basic script.
    Quote Originally Posted by indirectMW View Post
    Rep+ Mayor, this guide was extremely helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by dodo View Post
    Thanks, Awesome Tutorial!
    Quote Originally Posted by sssmoked View Post
    This is some guide, will be having a good read this weekend.

Edit:
    So, just got one more section to work through - mining the ore (or fishing the fish in my case)
    I have found this very helpful and would like to thank you!

I am glad you liked it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Thanks very much - will certainly assist me when I start to create my first script after exams!

I dont know in front of my window is a wall
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Thanks Mayor !!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

@The Mayor, I have a suggestion for improvement. Change your references to "main loop" to "main method", because it's not a loop, it's essentially a procedure. I was helping someone today and they were getting really confused by the misuse of the phrase in your tutorial.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

@The Mayor, I have a suggestion for improvement. Change your references to "main loop" to "main method", because it's not a loop, it's essentially a procedure. I was helping someone today and they were getting really confused by the misuse of the phrase in your tutorial.
    I've always thought how that was a bit misleading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

This is a brilliant tutorial. I have no coding background whatsoever, but you are an inspiration to me to start learning and get into the SRL/Simba coding world and coding world in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

PHP Code:
         program TeleTabber;
        {
    $DEFINE SMART}
        {
    $i srl-6/srl.simba}

procedure changeAngleBoss();

begin
          mainScreen
    .setAngle(MS_ANGLE_HIGH);

end;

procedure clickTree();
        var

xyinteger;

begin

if mainscreen.findObject(xy1026653819, ['ecter'], MOUSE_RIGHTthen
          begin

chooseOption
    .select(['Study']);
            if 
    productionScreen.isOpen(5000then

productionScreen
    .clickStart()

end;

end;

procedure getclay();
    begin
          repeat
            wait
    (1000);

until (not progressScreen.isOpen());
    end
    procedure getmore
    ();
        var

xyinteger;
    begin

if mainscreen.findObject(xy203957210, ['utler'], MOUSE_RIGHTthen

begin
            writeLn
    ('We right clicked a tree!');

chooseOption.select(['Fetch']);

wait(500);

conversationBox.selectOption(1);

end;

end;

begin //this needs to be here, this is what starts it all, maybe you should at a "repeat repeatwhatyouwanthere until false;" so the script will keep going :D

clearDebug();

setupSRL();

changeAngleBoss();

clickTree();

getclay();

getmore();

end
    im having a problem where its not doing the repeat wait until progress screen is not open.
    any help is appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else but how do I open the ACA? None of the default programs it used to open worked and I am completely stumped on this part. I do love this tutorial though and am working on my first script

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fisherfish7 View Post
    Sorry if this is answered somewhere else but how do I open the ACA? None of the default programs it used to open worked and I am completely stumped on this part. I do love this tutorial though and am working on my first script
    download it from this thread https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26944 the program is in a .rar file, you use WinRAR to open that, and extract the file somewhere.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fady View Post
    download it from this thread https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26944 the program is in a .rar file, you use WinRAR to open that, and extract the file somewhere.
    Thank you! I had a feeling it was going to be something simple to make me feel stupid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Very useful, thanks mayor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

This is a lot to take in. Thanks so much for taking the time to create this. I want to get more involved with this community and this is a great place to start.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information