Thread: Botting in RS3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Botting in RS3?

So after reading a few posts about low community activity (and noticing the lack of posts even in the year 2019) I want to know is botting in RS3 working? I've read "StickToTheScript"'s post (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118223) explaining how to setup SIMBA and everything and I guess I'm curious if it's still accurate? I'd like to try it out when I get home later.

I've been away for so many years, most of my accounts on RS are banned lol but I did find a few that I was able to guess the password on. But now there's a whole new problem, I have no idea what I'm looking at in RS3 (is it even called RS3?) I'm so confused by everything, luckily the town names are the same and a few mechanics are the same so I was able to do a couple things in game, but quickly remembered why I stopped playing this grind fest in the first place. But are there any new benefits for botting? I see something about key-bindings, what's that about? I did find the legacy option so it looks somewhat familiar.

Anyway, I've become bored with SQL, .NET, and the other languages I use at work so I thought I'd come back to where it all began for me. Are SIMBA scripts still in PASCAL? Does SMART still work and is it detectable by Jagex? Clearly a lot has changed with RS in the last 10 years, but what about the botting scene? I noticed one of my accounts has like 5k silver ore, 10k maple logs, 2k clay and various other ridiculous amounts of random items that were clearly put in place for botting, so I was hoping to write a few scripts to take care of these while gaining some lvls on my lvl 3 skiller.

So what exactly do I need to accomplish this in this new RS? I also see all this stuff about Reflection and some other new things I've never heard of, do I need to worry about any of that or can I just smash out some sweet color scripts like I used to with SCAR?

I know a lot my questions can be answered with research, but I'm at work right now and just hoping someone can answer some of these questions from memory to save me the time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

There's a few methods for botting in RS3, but I suggest using the NXT client that you'll find on runescape's website. There's a great plugin called NAS that lets you use the new client in a similar fashion to SMART. That's what I use anyways. AFAIK there's only a handful of people here that bot on RS3, so you're best bet at finding them would be joining the SRL discord server.

As for the whole keybinds thing, you'll notice that there's actionbars in runescape now. You unlock abilities with your combat skills and they actually provide a lot of utility when it comes to PVM. If you like legacy mode, then stick with that, but I prefer revolution as it lets you set as many skills as you want to be used automatically. https://runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Revolution/Bars is a great starting point to use if you're not sure about which abilities to use.

I have several scripts all bundled together in a project i'm working on called "All-in-One RS3" which can be found here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...93#post1452993
    It seems like a lot of people can't get the NAS plugin set up correctly, or they give up before they do, but there are other ways of botting on the new client, and I have several bank-standing scripts that can be used for fletching/herblore/etc. that are located within the kTask include.

Again, you don't have to use NAS. I've heard some people have success just targeting the game window with the crosshairs, but you also might need to switch the graphics mode to directX (compatibility mode) during the start up. You should see a gear icon on the launcher window when it pops up.

Anyways, if you have any more questions i'd be more than happy to help and the folks over on the discord channel are available to help as well. I'm not sure if they're still botting RS3, but i know @Clarity was in the past. @Citrus also posted some functions that find UI elements on the re-sizeable game client as well. I'm working on porting those into my version of SRL-6.

As for SIMBA, you're probably going to need the latest revision which is '1.3' IIRD. @slacky or @Olly should be able to help you find it if you can't find it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thank you so much for the help. After looking into RS3 a bit, I've decided to do away with it lol. I've since started an OSRS pure account, there's nothing better than F2P PKing haha!

That being said, I'm assuming the botting in OSRS is business as usual from 2010? I do notice these clients from Jagex, is SMART still the go to for OSRS?

Also, do any of the OGs still pop on here every now and then? Or they're all pretty much gone?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Damn, I was hoping you would join forces with us lol.

In that case, check out RSWalker - https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...light=rswalker and MMTM - https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117978

AFAIK, botting hasn't changed much for OSRS, but I haven't touched that game since back in the day. I think it's safe to assume that SMART still probably works just like it used to, but don't take my word for it if you have problems.

Thread Information