Thread: [RS3 | SRL-6] LamaRepFisher

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Default [RS3 | SRL-6] LamaRepFisher

Description:
    Are you sick of grinding away for reputation in Menaphos? Well I sure was, and boy do I have one possible solution for you! Introducing the Rep Fisher! Now you can train to 99 fishing as well as Tier 10 reputation! All you'll need is bait in the amount of tens of thousands!
    Recommended lvl 72+ Fishing (for all fish types, maxing xp/hr as best as possible)

Features:

• Up to 85k xp/hr!*
    • Up to 6k reputation/hr!*
    • Supports auto changing factions periodically, in a random fashion or in a cyclical fashion!
    • Supports breaks!
    • Risky 'botting' chat detection and world hopping!

Instructions:

1. Download the script!
    2. Have your action bar hotkeys for dropping fish set up! (see img below)
    3. Have a ton of bait in your inventory, and stand on the edge of the pier area in the Port district as shown. (see img below)
    4. Run, fill out playerForm accordingly, press start!
    5. make sure you're setup as outlined in https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...40#post1391740, and have XP Popups enabled! Be certain you're on the Old School layout! Brightness maxed! OpenGL!

start somewhere around here, in this area (for sure) on the map, and with your actionbar setup!

Known Issues:

• Sometimes on first run, fails to pull in Factions data (loading icons setting up boxes and stuff). To fix, run again? There's not a lot of rhyme or reason that I can see as to what is causing this, but usually trying again will get it going.
    • Currently only works with the standard rod - I need to get my hands on a crystal rod (and others) to begin testing that stuff!

To do:
    • Add support for more rods other than the standard rod.

Credits:

The Discord crew in general for getting me back up to speed, as well as snippets and ideas from scripts made by @TomTuff and others! Thanks!

* using standard rod, at level 99

Progress Reports
    Progress Report:
    Lama
    |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|
    |          LamaRepFisher v1             |
    |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|
    | Time Running: 4 hr 33 min 10 sec      |
    | Rep. Gained : 26,995(5,929 ph)        |
    | EXP Gained  : 394,085(86,555 ph)      |
    |_______________________________________|

Version History
    Progress Report:
    1.0: initial release
    1.1: lil fixes
    1.2: lil fixes 2.0
    1.3: big fixes, implemented playerForm

Download:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lama; 08-10-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

I forgot that northern spot existed, does it have a bank like the south spot or is this a power fisher?
    Grats on the many releases.

P.S. If anyone is frustrated with rep grind, I never did any Menaphos skilling ever and just did soul obelisks for daily 20k-40k rep in 10 minutes. Recommended to do fishing though if you're ironman for the hefty food supply if tired of temple trekking or spending your tokens on other rewards.
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-06-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    I forgot that northern spot existed, does it have a bank like the south spot or is this a power fisher?
    Grats on the many releases.
    Thanks! This is most certainly a power fisher skinned as a reputation farmer aha

I actually didn't even know there was a bank spot near the south spot (I didn't even bother going to the south spot - overall I'm not a huge fan of Menaphos contrary to what some might think lolll) - that could've been interesting as well

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lama View Post
    Thanks! This is most certainly a power fisher skinned as a reputation farmer aha

I actually didn't even know there was a bank spot near the south spot (I didn't even bother going to the south spot - overall I'm not a huge fan of Menaphos contrary to what some might think lolll) - that could've been interesting as well
    It's a good chunk of content primarily because there is no up-to-date (in terms of XP/hr) mid-level content for these skills. The reputation can be extra motivation along the way to getting out of mid-level. Not meant to be done to 99 but one certainly can if the script works well, as I'm sure this one does.

That, and the slayer dungeon is OP as hell for both XP and money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Not having any luck with scripts lately. Not being able to run any script, damn. Not my "forte" to do repetitive tasks everyday legit..

edit: for me, it never clicks on the fishing spot. It starts clicking on the minimap, and on that big brown structure (not the boat)
    Last edited by onilika; 07-06-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    Not having any luck with scripts lately. Not being able to run any script, damn. Not my "forte" to do repetitive tasks everyday legit..

edit: for me, it never clicks on the fishing spot. It starts clicking on the minimap, and on that big brown structure (not the boat)
    Whaaaaaaaat that's super odd. It shouldn't be clicking the minimap itself, it only ever clicks the compass, or moves to the minimap, at any point. Hmm

Are all your video settings set properly; opengl, low, etc?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Whaaaaaaaat that's super odd. It shouldn't be clicking the minimap itself, it only ever clicks the compass, or moves to the minimap, at any point. Hmm

Are all your video settings set properly; opengl, low, etc?
    OpenGL? You should have said it is in OpenGL.. Most of the scripts, one year ago, were DirectX, and would have [OpenGL] at the title.. Will try that again

edit: well, it does not work for me.
    Last edited by onilika; 07-07-2018 at 10:01 AM.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

OpenGL? You should have said it is in OpenGL.. Most of the scripts, one year ago, were DirectX, and would have [OpenGL] at the title.. Will try that again

edit: well, it does not work for me.
    Well, when I got back to the scene a couple weeks ago, people were telling me to dev for the opengl setting ¯\_(?)_/¯ so that's what I recommend. There shouldn't be too much difference between OpenGL and DirectX, but my environment uses OpenGL.

Is there anything more you can tell me? It really shouldn't be clicking the brown structure, there's nothing that tells it to do that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Well, when I got back to the scene a couple weeks ago, people were telling me to dev for the opengl setting ¯\_(?)_/¯ so that's what I recommend. There shouldn't be too much difference between OpenGL and DirectX, but my environment uses OpenGL.

Is there anything more you can tell me? It really shouldn't be clicking the brown structure, there's nothing that tells it to do that.
    I tried with OpenGL and it is worst. Does not even check the fraction and exp. With DirectX, it does check the exp, the fraction numbers, but never clicks at the fishing spot..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I tried with OpenGL and it is worst. Does not even check the fraction and exp. With DirectX, it does check the exp, the fraction numbers, but never clicks at the fishing spot..
    Very very odd. How could my OpenGL be different than yours... hmm

I uploaded a fix (on my end at least) for the fishing spot detection, check the op for the updated download link and see if anything changes.

edit: I remember originally dev'ing most of this script on DX before someone told me to swap, and the only issue I was running into while on DX was fishing spot detection reliability (which swapping to opengl fixed for me lmao)

edit 2: so I did some research, and apparently when using SMART, we've always wanted to be on OpenGL. At least, according to this older thread (tho somewhat still relevant imo) found here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47714 The new guide iirc doesn't specify which mode to be in, which where some confusion might arise from.
    Last edited by Lama; 07-07-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Great script. Can really see you put the time into this. We need more scripts like these =D

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikel765 View Post
    Great script. Can really see you put the time into this. We need more scripts like these =D
    Thanks - and don't worry, more scripts are on the way.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Just logged in for the first time in a while and saw your mention, I'm glad to see my ideas helped you with organizing your script! By the way you need to set AB.time to -1 when you initialize the script I believe, in order for that part of the antiban procedure to work correctly. (Although now that I think about it that might be done already for TTimeMarkers?)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Ah, yeah! Pretty much you gave me the idea to use records aha, thanks for that!

I don't recall having an issue with the antiban timer logic, but I do use a TTimeMarker for it iirc - seems to handle it pretty well (though TTimeMarkers have some weird bugs sometimes that I rarely can replicate, but that's a different story...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Lately script started to constantly stop from "Could not load faction data". If anyone else is having this issue, commenting out 958, 959, 960 and 967 seem to get the script up and running without any problems again

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikel765 View Post
    Lately script started to constantly stop from "Could not load faction data". If anyone else is having this issue, commenting out 958, 959, 960 and 967 seem to get the script up and running without any problems again
    Sometimes it happens, I'll probably update it to a more robust implementation soon. Typically you can just move the camera around or something, then restart the script it will work (in general. sometimes might take another restart or two) - but if you don't really feel like dealing with that for now, and don't want to leverage the faction stuff at all (just fishin') - you can go ahead and comment out those lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Good morning, can anyone confirm this is still a valid working script? Thanks!
    Scroll Down To See My Signature.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfinger View Post
    Good morning, can anyone confirm this is still a valid working script? Thanks!
    You can, by testing it out yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klamor View Post
    You can, by testing it out yourself
    Excellent, thank you for the suggestion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Just poppin' in to say hey - if something is broken, I'm currently unable to test fixes for myself (don't currently have a subscription, time/money constraints) - but I can maybe offer insight as to what might be broken and maybe some ideas on how to fix the issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I’ve used it over the past few days and it’s great. Thanks! Sometimes the stupid treasure chest gets in the way of the rep and it shuts down. Ez fix for me though. Otherwise I haven’t seen s y issues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Just poppin' in to say hey - if something is broken, I'm currently unable to test fixes for myself (don't currently have a subscription, time/money constraints) - but I can maybe offer insight as to what might be broken and maybe some ideas on how to fix the issue
    Lama any chance you would be interested in adding banking to the south side? I could provide an account for you to test with!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubz View Post
    Lama any chance you would be interested in adding banking to the south side? I could provide an account for you to test with!
    I'm sure it can be done, but alas that's a little out of scope for this particular script. However, with that said - it probably wouldn't be too hard for you to modify the script to work on the south side with banking if you wanted to get in there and mess with it! I'm actually a little surprised this script still works despite my inactiveness...

My suggestion is to take a look at my Menaphos VIP script when you become Jr. Member... It probably has functionality that you're looking for...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

I'm sure it can be done, but alas that's a little out of scope for this particular script. However, with that said - it probably wouldn't be too hard for you to modify the script to work on the south side with banking if you wanted to get in there and mess with it! I'm actually a little surprised this script still works despite my inactiveness...

My suggestion is to take a look at my Menaphos VIP script when you become Jr. Member... It probably has functionality that you're looking for...
    Ended up trying yesterday, Turns out it's a deposit box and not a bank chest. I struggled to deposit everything but fishing bait without looking like a bot (clicking each item). I probably should invest sometime into my own script to get Jr.

Thread Information