Thread: Strangest bug you witnessed in your scripts?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Default Strangest bug you witnessed in your scripts?

Want to know what strange bugs you have encountered and if you found out the reasons of that happening in your scripts? Did you got accounts banned?

Few my favorites are:

Nearly half year ago runned green dragons bot, was a test account. Left overnight to check stability. At the morning found at shantay pass trying to cross the gate to desert with half inventory of logs and one cowhide Found the reason, script terminated in 20 minutes itself to prevent further nonsense(because failsafe was during killing loop if it runs 20+mins then terminate), so it managed to do those things within 20 mins. The reason was it gave false true to a function i was checking if it is in dragons spot and function which said if it traveled via canoe to a wild subsequently. Fixed by adding fixes every kill to check if it is between certain wild levels additionally and rewriting traveling routine. Acc got banned later.

Few weeks after found my red dragon bot wandering out at barbarian village. Script terminated itself, no ban.

3-4 days ago got random logouts (TPlayer.Logout(), was what debug showed)in absolutely random places in script occuring between instantly and 2 hours of runtime. I had no logouts at all in some scripts runned. Checked half the include no troll/hidden logouts. Havent found issue, it fixed itself after a day or so.

Yesterday/today QBD bot testing overnight found today morning at cementary in canifis spammclicking in the water for the last 4hours(probably as 314mins runtime i got with my last proggy was 4 hours ago and found it clicking in my own eyes i couldnt believe at first). Funny thing i have no portals in house, no house teletabs in bank, no ancients...Was broke after 314 mins of runtime and have no clue in debug, sixhourfix was last thing debug wrote. My debug showed 'banking using glory'. Script ranned in browser, had runned 11 hours per day no issues before, was added better firewall dodging since then and testing within smart. Probably lost account, sold mils for 0.25$ ea before logging out of it today. No ban yet but 99% sure it will be. And have no idea whats wrong. Double checked today, no infinity loops, some terminates also. I usually terminate too often but not this time. This one gives headache and is just a supernatural one.

Lately thing are just tooweird, planning to redownload simba and whole include on both of my computers. Java, maybe even rewrite windows and start fresh...Cause in addition even had some small glitches when simba crashes like failing to recognize uptext, random click anywhere, or just part of script not running/jumping without a reason.

What about your glitches you had? Want to hear some strange ones

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    ...maybe even rewrite windows and start fresh...
    Quite the undertaking!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Rewrite all the Windows!

I'm trying to remember some stuf... I've had Security Stronghold private scripts get a bit lost and in some random part of the stronghold on account of clicking the wrong gates... Then trying to attack monsters out of reach for a few hours :P Needless to say failsafes were added.

(OSRS)
    There is one bug I found in AeroLib. I would come back to my script after a few hours and notice it had added like 25 people to friends - WTF? Turns out clickToContinue() will also click players' blue chat text instead of just the blue 'Click here to continue' text in dialogs, and in doing so also clicked 'Add Friend' accidentally several times.
    Ce ne sont que des gueux

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Floor66 View Post
    Rewrite all the Windows!

I'm trying to remember some stuf... I've had Security Stronghold private scripts get a bit lost and in some random part of the stronghold on account of clicking the wrong gates... Then trying to attack monsters out of reach for a few hours :P Needless to say failsafes were added.

(OSRS)
    There is one bug I found in AeroLib. I would come back to my script after a few hours and notice it had added like 25 people to friends - WTF? Turns out clickToContinue() will also click players' blue chat text instead of just the blue 'Click here to continue' text in dialogs, and in doing so also clicked 'Add Friend' accidentally several times.
    I was wondering what caused that, I think it's about time I fix this

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I was wondering what caused that, I think it's about time I fix this
    But... it makes me think I've got friends :'(

OT: Once woke up to my account on the white wolf mountain after it was in the gnome bank fletching... To this day I don't have a clue what happened. (This was AFTER randoms were moved from OSRS as well)
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Thread Information