Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my bronze 3 on league.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Default Got my bronze 3 on league.

So I finally got level 30 on league and started playing ranked games. lost 8/10 of the games, was put into bronze 3. Almost every single game I am paired with people that are gold/silver. What I don't understand is, if I am in bronze 3 and suck so bad then why am I being constantly paired with people in silver and gold?

How am I supposed to move up to at-least bronze 5 if I'm being placed against (and with) silver and golds? Almost every game I'm usually one of the worst people on the team and have to deal with people constantly raging at me.

So is this just how the ranked system works, or is it because I am using the solo queue? I also noticed people are toxic on ranked, and it's bad. For example, I was the last person in the champion select and everyone had the roles that they wanted (first 3 people had locked in, 4 wanted jungle and I was to be adc). When there were 5-10 seconds (it was 5, but the kid claims 10) left to lock in, #4 chooses caitlyn and locks in, and tells me to go jungle at which point the game autolocks the champion I had selected which was ezreal, so we had 2 adcs. I got reported by the whole team for 'trolling' (yet to get any punishment)

Tl;DR It's not fair that league pairs a bronze 3 player with golds and silvers, and expects them to play as good as them and not get reported for being a 'unskilled player'.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

You have a MMR of a silver/gold player that is why.

The bracket/division you are in sometimes does not reflect a players true skill.

For example, I am Plat 4 at the moment, yet I'm being paired with diamond players. That is because the system believes my skill is at a diamond level thus placing my hidden MMR (matchmaking rating) higher.
    Same for you.

It's a good thing, not bad

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    You have a MMR of a silver/gold player that is why.

The bracket/division you are in sometimes does not reflect a players true skill.

For example, I am Plat 4 at the moment, yet I'm being paired with diamond players. That is because the system believes my skill is at a diamond level thus placing my hidden MMR (matchmaking rating) higher.
    Same for you.

It's a good thing, not bad
    It's also partially because he's played so few games to be paired with much. Maybe the game thinks he's silver, maybe it just quite know where he fully is yet. However as for everyone being toxic every game, that sounds a little ridiculous unless you are being toxic back. Their systems tend to only put the toxic players with other toxic players - I almost never see toxic players, maybe one player of every 50.

As for going being constantly paired up with golds and silvers... I just looked at your last 10 games and the highest rank in any of them was Silver 5, with the average rank being Bronze 2-3. I'm not really sure how constant that is...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It's also partially because he's played so few games to be paired with much. Maybe the game thinks he's silver, maybe it just quite know where he fully is yet. However as for everyone being toxic every game, that sounds a little ridiculous unless you are being toxic back. Their systems tend to only put the toxic players with other toxic players - I almost never see toxic players, maybe one player of every 50.

As for going being constantly paired up with golds and silvers... I just looked at your last 10 games and the highest rank in any of them was Silver 5, with the average rank being Bronze 2-3. I'm not really sure how constant that is...
    They have silver outlines though

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    They have silver outlines though
    Silver last season isn't the same as silver this season. A TON of people will get carried and/or boosted up to silver 5, at which point it's almost impossible to fall back to bronze due to how they have demotions setup. Having a silver border from last season in no way means they are as good as the average silver. They all appear to be right about your current ranking and you appear to be winning some of your matches. You're probably going to get demoted to Bronze 4 soon, but it should even out with rankings soon.

Another thing to worry about possibly is that the MMR reset this season was quite mean to a lot of people, so ranked is going to be a clusterduck until it gets sorted out... I'd recommend avoiding all ranked for a couple weeks.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Silver last season isn't the same as silver this season. A TON of people will get carried and/or boosted up to silver 5, at which point it's almost impossible to fall back to bronze due to how they have demotions setup. Having a silver border from last season in no way means they are as good as the average silver. They all appear to be right about your current ranking and you appear to be winning some of your matches. You're probably going to get demoted to Bronze 4 soon, but it should even out with rankings soon.

Another thing to worry about possibly is that the MMR reset this season was quite mean to a lot of people, so ranked is going to be a clusterduck until it gets sorted out... I'd recommend avoiding all ranked for a couple weeks.
    Oh, so once you reach the rank you get to keep the border?

And I guess bronze has no border?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Oh, so once you reach the rank you get to keep the border?

And I guess bronze has no border?
    For the most part. Yes Bronze has no border, and it's extremely hard to lose a tier once it's been reached.

So in order to reach any division, you need to win 2 of 3 placement matches after achieving 100lp. Similarly losing a few games at 0lp can knock you down to the lower division. However, tiers are fairly different. So gaining a new tier requires being at 100lp of the highest division and then winning 3 of 5 placement matches. And even more different, losing a tier is significantly harder. To lose a tier (demotion), you need to lose so many matches, that you are going against people 2 tiers below your current ranking. So, for a Platinum 5 player, that means they need to start losing to Silver 1 players to be demoted back to gold. And for Silver 5 players, they need to be losing to people at the very bottom of Bronze 5 in order to get demoted... Which puts Silver 5 as the hardest ranking to get demoted from in League.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Grats! Unskilled player reports have absolutely no effect in ranked btw. If you truly aren't bronze though, then you'll easily get out of it (even against golds/silvers if you maintain around 50% win rate you should automatically climb). You'll probably even skip bronze 2 when you promote from bronze 3 if you're getting matched with golds (no guarantees for silvers tho as they may be legit bronze but unable to demote).

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Grats! Unskilled player reports have absolutely no effect in ranked btw. If you truly aren't bronze though, then you'll easily get out of it (even against golds/silvers if you maintain around 50% win rate you should automatically climb). You'll probably even skip bronze 2 when you promote from bronze 3 if you're getting matched with golds (no guarantees for silvers tho as they may be legit bronze but unable to demote).
    only been matched with like 2 or 3 golds ever, but I'm still getting my @$s wrecked out there

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

http://na.op.gg/

since it seems like you are unsure about your actual mmr, this website can really help. its not official mmr, but its a really good approximation algorithm that they use. it takes a few ranked games to get it working, but once it is, you can see if you belong in that mmr, or if you are really going against ppl of higher mmr.

edit: to check mmr - search your summoner name, then click the green box on the right saying "Check MMR"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x[Warrior]x3500 View Post
    http://na.op.gg/

since it seems like you are unsure about your actual mmr, this website can really help. its not official mmr, but its a really good approximation algorithm that they use. it takes a few ranked games to get it working, but once it is, you can see if you belong in that mmr, or if you are really going against ppl of higher mmr.

edit: to check mmr - search your summoner name, then click the green box on the right saying "Check MMR"
    This is what I usually use to scout out my ranked games. It works pretty amazingly.

If you are getting your ass wrecked out there though, there isn't much you can do about it other than take it. One thing you can count on though, is that in the long run once you play enough games (around 40 if the Central Limit Theorem is to be trusted) you will end up close to where you actually belong, when you'll actually start to enjoy your games (not being super stressed about winning/losing also helps, if you're in it to have fun, you'll have more fun). So hang in there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

This is what I usually use to scout out my ranked games. It works pretty amazingly.

If you are getting your ass wrecked out there though, there isn't much you can do about it other than take it. One thing you can count on though, is that in the long run once you play enough games (around 40 if the Central Limit Theorem is to be trusted) you will end up close to where you actually belong, when you'll actually start to enjoy your games (not being super stressed about winning/losing also helps, if you're in it to have fun, you'll have more fun). So hang in there!
    This can be true, but some players can't "carry". They might be playing at a gold/plat level but since they can not carry they tend to get stuck in lower elo. This happened to me, got stuck in silver 1 for 6 months. The same exact week i hit gold 5 i also hit plat 2. Till reset i was top of plat.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubz View Post
    This can be true, but some players can't "carry". They might be playing at a gold/plat level but since they can not carry they tend to get stuck in lower elo. This happened to me, got stuck in silver 1 for 6 months. The same exact week i hit gold 5 i also hit plat 2. Till reset i was top of plat.
    I got demoted to b4 after losing so many games. I was losing 80%-90% of games. Then I started doing better and got repromoted to bronze 3. My win rate went to be 40% win 60% loss. I eventually got demoted to b4 after a couple bad games. What sucks is the last game that demoted me had someone that was AFK most the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

you wanna duo? I'm like low silver atm gold last season

would be fun "hah cya idiot" is my tag for whoever wants to add =p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myke View Post
    you wanna duo? I'm like low silver atm gold last season

would be fun "hah cya idiot" is my tag for whoever wants to add =p
    Sure, i get back in town this weekend. We should get a 5s team from the community.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    I got demoted to b4 after losing so many games. I was losing 80%-90% of games. Then I started doing better and got repromoted to bronze 3. My win rate went to be 40% win 60% loss. I eventually got demoted to b4 after a couple bad games. What sucks is the last game that demoted me had someone that was AFK most the time.
    Yeah, not sure what happened to ranked but AFKs are seriously cancer, except they seem to only ever target me and never my opponents (just like the shaco and lee sin theorems). Lost 2 placements in a row due to 2 afk adcs; it did mean that I wrecked the next 5 though, don't know what's with the first pick fioras being surprised when I pick malphite into them and completely crush them.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

AFK's are a problem in the lower leagues.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

I made it out of bronze once. Then fell back into it due to 5 afkers. Strategically placed to completely screw up my promo to silver one. Dropped back to bronze 5 within an hour. And thats when i stopped playing lol

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Depends on the time of day you play sometimes too. Also it is possible to beat silver being bronze. Just gotta counter pick and hope to god you/your team don't feed. @Sjoe; (Silver 1-3) knows quite a lot about this as he regularly gets matched up with Bronze 5s and gets shat on - constantly. I usually duo with him as i often feel sorry for him and try to carry his un-carriable ass. @Soviet Union; can vouch for me on this; everything i am saying is legit.
    Last edited by Kasi; 03-01-2015 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Depends on the time of day you play sometimes too. Also it is possible to beat silver being bronze. Just gotta counter pick and hope to god you/your team don't feed. @Sjoe; (Silver 1-3) knows quite a lot about this as he regularly gets matched up with Bronze 5s and gets shat on - constantly. I usually duo with him as i often feel sorry for him and try to carry his un-carriable ass. @Soviet Union; can vouch for me on this; everything i am saying is legit.
    When I wake up in the morning, I'm glad you are there to carry me on league.

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    When I wake up in the morning, I'm glad you are there to carry me on league.
    :')

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Can i hop on your back too?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Escaping bronze should be extremely extremely easy. You just need to figure out what is keeping you down there, it's usually something serious (taking clarity over flash, not cs-ing and only going for kills, diving too hard all the time, the list goes on). Sometimes it's just a very serious mental block (one of my friends has this, always believes his splitpush support or jg rammus is the way to go, and is stuck in b5, very stubborn guy). If you watch a replay of your game and you are stuck in b5, you will notice (or should notice) that every single thing going on in that game is usually a mistake. The only reason I've ever lost a game down there is because of afkers.

Once you figure out how to take advantage of those mistakes and learn how to farm well, you should easily be able to get to g5 if you can get past the massive smurfwall around high silver.

I say this having boosted many of my bronze friends to silver/gold last season

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Escaping bronze should be extremely extremely easy. You just need to figure out what is keeping you down there, it's usually something serious (taking clarity over flash, not cs-ing and only going for kills, diving too hard all the time, the list goes on). Sometimes it's just a very serious mental block (one of my friends has this, always believes his splitpush support or jg rammus is the way to go, and is stuck in b5, very stubborn guy). If you watch a replay of your game and you are stuck in b5, you will notice (or should notice) that every single thing going on in that game is usually a mistake. The only reason I've ever lost a game down there is because of afkers.

Once you figure out how to take advantage of those mistakes and learn how to farm well, you should easily be able to get to g5 if you can get past the massive smurfwall around high silver.

I say this having boosted many of my bronze friends to silver/gold last season
    lol gonna start putting everybody on mute or just quit ranked games

toxic people make me want to intentionally feed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    lol gonna start putting everybody on mute or just quit ranked games

toxic people make me want to intentionally feed.
    Can confirm that this actually works to an extent. What also helps in dealing with them is muting yourself, and just not responding to them (this is probably better than /mute all). They say that not feeding the troll is like putting a bowl over a lit candle, without its sustenance it will die out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information