Rules:

• Script must be for RS3
    • Must use SRL6
    • Some sort of progress report IS required
    • 300 line maximum!
    • Script must NOT be previously released

Judging Criteria:
    • Logic: 25%
      Do you use loops properly to cut down on code repetition? Is your code laid out in an intelligent manner? Do you use global variables when they could be local? This will weigh as 25% of your total score.

• Creativity: 20%
      Are your methods creative? This applies strictly to the scripting methods used, not the RuneScape methods the script performs. This will weigh as 20% of your total score.

• Failsafes: 15%
      Did you implement proper failsafes to ensure the script can recover from an unknown condition? This will weigh as 15% of your total score.

• Proper use of SRL6: 15%
      Did you make use of the SRL include and the features/function provided? This will weigh as 15% of your total score.

• Script Performance: 15%
      Does the script perform as intended? Does it make erratic, bot-like movements? This will weigh as 15% of your total score.

• Standards/Readability: 10%
      Is your code an eyesore? Can you easily look through and see comments explaining what the code is doing? (don't over do it either). This will weigh as 10% of your total score.

DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 9TH!
    Scripts must be submitted to me via PM on these forums by 11:59pm to be eligible.

Post below to enroll.

Currently enrolled:
    • srlMW
    • YouPee
    • Hannar
    • kiwikiwi
    • adc
    • KeepBotting
    • R0b0t1

Best of luck!

Last edited by NCDS; 09-09-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NCDS View Post

• 300 line maximum!

By what criteria will entries be judged? I will consider entering once the updated information is revealed.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 08-26-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post

By what criteria will entries by judged? I will consider entering once the updated information is revealed.
    For guidelines, refer to The Mayor's Competition Thread. NCDS and I will be judging the scripts, and we will be following *roughly* this. When we're both off work this evening (or tomorrow) we will nail down the exact criteria and the weighting. There will be a "script operation" component and a "script writing" component. So make them pretty (good standards), efficient, and make them work well.

For the lazy:

• Good use of the SRL6 include
    • Correct code indentation
    • Good use of comments throughout your script
    • Avoiding infinite loops
    • Necessary failsafes
    • Creativity

Something like that ^^

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

So does "Powerskill" include any training that doesn't require banking? What type of script does it have to be?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adc View Post
    So does "Powerskill" include any training that doesn't require banking? What type of script does it have to be?
    Indeed it does, as long as it trains a skill; be creative.

I just threw this post together quick before work so people knew the dealine and So people who already wrote scripts can rest assured this is still happening. As I said in the first post, more information will be available tonight when me and garret can get together.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Will enter, was actually looking forward for a competition to give me motivation like a week ago, just noticed this post
    PS. Does the method matter that much, since I have no current members account and coming up with creative methods for F2P is hard.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Indeed it does, as long as it trains a skill; be creative.

I just threw this post together quick before work so people knew the dealine and So people who already wrote scripts can rest assured this is still happening. As I said in the first post, more information will be available tonight when me and garret can get together.
    Also, maybe a silly question but comments and whitespace don't count towards line count total, correct?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouPee View Post
    Will enter, was actually looking forward for a competition to give me motivation like a week ago, just noticed this post
    PS. Does the method matter that much, since I have no current members account and coming up with creative methods for F2P is hard.
    Method doesn't matter, we aren't judging on xp/hr or $$$$$$

Also, maybe a silly question but comments and whitespace don't count towards line count total, correct?
    Unless otherwise stated (ie when I talk further with NCDS) whitespace and comments will count towards line count. Use proper SRL standards and you'll be fine. If you have to sacrifice pretty headers I won't be upset.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

I am down to join. Now I have a reason to work on my script and actually get it done!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

September can't come quick enough!

e: Does the entree script require a proggy? If so, will it be marked down if it doesn't have one?
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

I will enroll

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Unless otherwise stated (ie when I talk further with NCDS) whitespace and comments will count towards line count. Use proper SRL standards and you'll be fine. If you have to sacrifice pretty headers I won't be upset.
    I feel like this is a silly requirement, to be honest. I have a basic AFK script that's 71 lines long. I could probably compress it to 50-60 lines if I disregarded all readability but still used newlines. Adding proper commenting to the script would probably add another 30 lines. The difference in formatting types shouldn't, in my opinion, be a limitation on a script. Newlines and proper commenting used to make the script more readable can often double - or more (for example, color.simba is 800 lines long, of which 300 lines are actual code) - the length of the file.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srlMW View Post
    September can't come quick enough!

e: Does the entree script require a proggy? If so, will it be marked down if it doesn't have one?
    Yes, I believe that is going to remain a requirement. However, something as simple as the following would count as far as I'm concerned.
    Simba Code:
    writeln('Time worked: '+toStr(msToTime(players[i].worked.getTime(), TIME_ABBREV))+';');
    Now obviously a more detailed report will likely get a better vote, but do what you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanar View Post
    I am down to join. Now I have a reason to work on my script and actually get it done!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwikiwi View Post
    I will enroll
    Awesome! glad people are interested.

I feel like this is a silly requirement, to be honest. I have a basic AFK script that's 71 lines long. I could probably compress it to 50-60 lines if I disregarded all readability but still used newlines. Adding proper commenting to the script would probably add another 30 lines. The difference in formatting types shouldn't, in my opinion, be a limitation on a script. Newlines and proper commenting used to make the script more readable can often double - or more (for example, color.simba is 800 lines long, of which 300 lines are actual code) - the length of the file.
    I'm honestly not a huge fan of the line limit. However I'm kind of just taking over control of an already established competition here. Some people have already written/started writing script for this, so I didn't want to change too many details.

If most competitors are in favor of raising, or even removing the line limit, I would be open to that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the line limit. However I'm kind of just taking over control of an already established competition here. Some people have already written/started writing script for this, so I didn't want to change too many details.

If most competitors are in favor of raising, or even removing the line limit, I would be open to that.
    As long as complexity of the script (ie. abyss AFKer vs AIO powerminer) isn't a factor in voting I'm fine with this.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

I'm glad to see that this competition isn't going to die and be forgotten. I look forward to seeing the entries when all is said and done.

@KeepBotting; you cheeky bastard, now I know why you don't want to be an SRL Member! You just want to be able to enter into all of the competitions and get another cup!

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    I'm glad to see that this competition isn't going to die and be forgotten. I look forward to seeing the entries when all is said and done.

@KeepBotting; you cheeky bastard, now I know why you don't want to be an SRL Member! You just want to be able to enter into all of the competitions and get another cup!
    Interesting observation, however this will be the first competition that I have ever entered.

although I do want that shiny cup
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

I'd love to enroll again, but can i get a clarification on what a powerskill script is again?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Updated the first post with judging criteria and participant list.

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    I'd love to enroll again, but can i get a clarification on what a powerskill script is again?
    Anything that trains a skill, but doesn't bank.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    although I do want that shiny cup
    A-ha! That's as good a confession as any. I'm onto you, buddy.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Why is it always Junior Members only?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    Right? WTB a cup.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Right? WTB a cup.
    Not my choice this time; I'm just finishing what P1nky started.

If there are enough members+ who want to compete I would likely be willing to do that next. We'll see how this one goes first though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

I want to compete. Any include, any game, let's go to war boys.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

To be sure I don't get a bad grade, does practicality of a script affect its score? Like, would an iron powerminer score higher than a potato picker and dropper?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanar View Post
    To be sure I don't get a bad grade, does practicality of a script affect its score? Like, would an iron powerminer score higher than a potato picker and dropper?
    Does "potato picking" train a skill?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information