Thread: What tablet?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Default What tablet?

Ok, so after Xmas and my birthday, I had a fair amount of space cash
    So I think I'm going to buy a tablet. What one would you recommend? I'd probably want an Android.
    I'm not sure if I should go with the mainstream brands or look elsewhere? That's the main reason for the thread tbh.
    I'm UK so keep it to where I can buy it (don't bother with newegg and w/e else that doesn't ship to UK).

Don't really want to spend over £200 and I'm unsure on what size to get.
    I have a google nexus 4 and a laptop if that should affect my decision:P

Don't really know who would be knowledgeable in this area but my instincts tell me @grats; and @cause; for some unknown reason :')

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Kindle fire

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

well if you like the nexus I'd just get the tablet version
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Ye pretty much tablet nexus 7. That or get a Nook HD+ and put android on it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I've got a Samsung S4 and a Nexus. Both are somewhat alggy during animations and processes. Closing, opening, swiping, loading content is not as smooth as Apple products. But Android is Linux compared to Apple. Apple is just not for me. And typing has always been better on iPhone. I've got a friend in the phone business and he says that Apple has a better technology on what character you press on the tablet than Samsung has.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

I have a transformer prime, its nice but honestly... I rarely find use for my tablet, besides watching shows while on the toilet lol

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bi a op View Post
    I've got a Samsung S4 and a Nexus. Both are somewhat alggy during animations and processes. Closing, opening, swiping, loading content is not as smooth as Apple products. But Android is Linux compared to Apple. Apple is just not for me. And typing has always been better on iPhone. I've got a friend in the phone business and he says that Apple has a better technology on what character you press on the tablet than Samsung has.
    I sort of with you there. Sure Apple's products are quite nice, but they're not for me atall. Kinda sucks to hear that your nexus is slow, my phone doesn't have much lag what so ever... but it does have problems with overheating at the top on occasions and restarts itself at times when using snapchat... (but these are common issues...)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    I have a transformer prime, its nice but honestly... I rarely find use for my tablet, besides watching shows while on the toilet lol
    Yeah, the main reason that I haven't had a tablet before now is that I wouldn't get much use out of it. I just kinda like the idea for long travelling journeys and stuff like that. But it seems quite expensive (I thought they were cheaper till I started looking round a little last week) for what I'd want it for.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Don't get a playbook, the support and apps suck. Not much lag in my experience, but it's just not a good tablet supportwise. One problem that is fatal means trash can or paperweight. I have had connectivity issues, document issues, and app issues. The tablet just kind of sucks in general besides hardware and OS.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

My vote is you buy a new bike for your best pal Flight. ....Or save the money for the new best phone to be released. If you've got a nice phone and a laptop already I think you're set.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer View Post
    I sort of with you there. Sure Apple's products are quite nice, but they're not for me atall. Kinda sucks to hear that your nexus is slow, my phone doesn't have much lag what so ever... but it does have problems with overheating at the top on occasions and restarts itself at times when using snapchat... (but these are common issues...)
    It might be an old Nexus. It's my dads and god knows what he bought.
    Last edited by slackeru; 02-13-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: quote fail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Without a doubt, get a Nexus 7 2. Light (lighter than my friends 5 inch smartphone), fast, perfect size (goes right into my coat pocket), android, cheap (250 for the 32gb), amazing battery life (I get 3.5 days battery life on standby, 1.5 days of use). That doesn't even speak to a lot of the nice things that come with google: 20k songs upload in cloud, 15 gb cloud space, chrome tab/credential syncing... I've never had a tablet before, and I love it.
    Zaros

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Just saw in a best buy, the Dell Venue 8 inch tablet, HD screen and only $160. Runs stock android, 2 Ghz dual core, has some RAMz and some storajiggers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer View Post
    Ok, so after Xmas and my birthday, I had a fair amount of space cash
    So I think I'm going to buy a tablet. What one would you recommend? I'd probably want an Android.
    I'm not sure if I should go with the mainstream brands or look elsewhere? That's the main reason for the thread tbh.
    I'm UK so keep it to where I can buy it (don't bother with newegg and w/e else that doesn't ship to UK).

Don't really want to spend over £200 and I'm unsure on what size to get.
    I have a google nexus 4 and a laptop if that should affect my decision:P

Don't really know who would be knowledgeable in this area but my instincts tell me @grats; and @cause; for some unknown reason :')
    Space cash? I would recommend one of these
    star_trek_phaser.jpg
    or these
    20051225192340lightsaberblue.png

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    Don't get a playbook, the support and apps suck. Not much lag in my experience, but it's just not a good tablet supportwise. One problem that is fatal means trash can or paperweight. I have had connectivity issues, document issues, and app issues. The tablet just kind of sucks in general besides hardware and OS.
    Yeah android master race (inb4 soviet union is like "nonono surfaces > all" -.-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    My vote is you buy a new bike for your best pal Flight. ....Or save the money for the new best phone to be released. If you've got a nice phone and a laptop already I think you're set.
    I only bought my nexus 4 in the summer (right before they dropped it down by £90 to sell it off... I bought it a few days out of refund for those who had just bought it -.- RAGEEEE) so I'm pretty sure I won't be updating my phone for atleast another year. I consider it a pretty nice phone though
    My laptop is pretty good specs wise. I'm going to keep it till it falls apart on me (which is sort of starting... losing bits here and there from time to time... Runs smoothly though :/
    Wanted to buy a sick desktop, mainly for farming... but bans are looking too bad atm (I'll wait and see...)
    But yeah... I think I'm just being materialistic with this tablet... still considering it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Than Indian train gif
    Get off my thread I saw you tried to speak to me on skype while I was offline... Speak to you tonight? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by bi a op View Post
    It might be an old Nexus. It's my dads and god knows what he bought.
    Probably. They made a new version not so long ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Without a doubt, get a Nexus 7 2. Light (lighter than my friends 5 inch smartphone), fast, perfect size (goes right into my coat pocket), android, cheap (250 for the 32gb), amazing battery life (I get 3.5 days battery life on standby, 1.5 days of use). That doesn't even speak to a lot of the nice things that come with google: 20k songs upload in cloud, 15 gb cloud space, chrome tab/credential syncing... I've never had a tablet before, and I love it.
    Glad to hear you love the nexus ^.^, I agree I do love google as a company :P
    Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    Just saw in a best buy, the Dell Venue 8 inch tablet, HD screen and only $160. Runs stock android, 2 Ghz dual core, has some RAMz and some storajiggers.
    Best buy isn't UK :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadouken View Post
    Space cash? I would recommend one of these
    star_trek_phaser.jpg
    or these
    20051225192340lightsaberblue.png
    I'm ok :') Not really my thing :/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I do like the surface. It runs skyrim kid...
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Thread Information