Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New competition?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

"5 skills to level 20 the fastest" is way to much, you basically have to develop ~5 scripts.. That literally would get no participants, be realistic.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    "5 skills to level 20 the fastest" is way to much, you basically have to develop ~5 scripts.. That literally would get no participants, be realistic.
    atk, def, str, hp.
    then one more!

Buut yeah. its a cool idea if we had tons that would.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    atk, def, str, hp.
    then one more!

Buut yeah. its a cool idea if we had tons that would.
    mage or range!
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

ermmm but how can a fresh level three account train mage or range? i am guessing you cannot trade items to the fresh account.

Purchasing from a store; would as stated above be based on luck.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

So just to clarify; it would be a botting comp? Can only level up said skill(s) with a new account using the bot you create?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

tbh it should be about making scripts to a high quaility e.g complexty and stablilty so the community can have useful scripts not crappy scripts no one will use.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    tbh it should be about making scripts to a high quaility e.g complexty and stablilty so the community can have useful scripts not crappy scripts no one will use.
    Well said; but then the scripts should be compulsory to publish publicly - at least jnr membership

I am keen for OSRS. Depending on the skill.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

I would be keen to give it a go if it's OSRS; would be a good learning experience.

Would love each script to be published as well so I could learn different techniques that other people use for the same process.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

As we have seen in the past competitions, focusing on quality for jr mem and registered users simply dissuades a large portion of the would-be competitors. Whereas focusing on efficiency, while ignoring script readability/quality encourages people who are otherwise scared of being judged.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    As we have seen in the past competitions, focusing on quality for jr mem and registered users simply dissuades a large portion of the would-be competitors. Whereas focusing on efficiency, while ignoring script readability/quality encourages people who are otherwise scared of being judged.
    But both types of competition seem to just to end up with a load of scripts been entered and very few been released and maintained afterwards (I think only iOak was after the last competition). I believe it would be better to aim to create a competition which encourages for scripts to be released and maintained allowing for the competition to have a lasting effect on the community and encourage others to join villavu to use these scripts.
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

But both types of competition seem to just to end up with a load of scripts been entered and very few been released and maintained afterwards (I think only iOak was after the last competition). I believe it would be better to aim to create a competition which encourages for scripts to be released and maintained allowing for the competition to have a lasting effect on the community and encourage others to join villavu to use these scripts.
    In no scenario can we really force someone to maintain a script after they feel like they are done with it. Nor can we force anyone to post a public release for their script afterwards. That said, at the end of the last competition, all scripts were publicly shown next to their grades within the competition thread.

At the end of the day, you can't even get people to compete if you scare them away. The only manner of which I could imagine successfully getting people to put out and maintain their scripts afterwards would be to offer further rewards for doing so - and who's going to check all scripts every week and give out the continuous rewards for that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information