Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Guide to Setting Up Simba and SRL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Hello,

So I seem to have a issue when I run the script. This is a Java related problem so I dont know if you'll be able to help, but hopefully you have a solution.

So I've gone through every other step, and when I run the script I get a java error saying, "could not create the java virtual machine a fatal exception has occurred". Now I know this is a pretty common error as I've had it before when I was doing another project, so I tried to troubleshoot it on my own.

I first tried to allocate more memory to java by doing "-Xmx1050M" which did not work.
    Then I tried deleting all instances of java including the directory folder in Program Files; then restarting the computer and reinstalling JDK and restart again. But unfortunately both these things have not worked

Is it possible that I need a specific version of Java or am I doing something wrong?

Anyways, thanks in advanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

So I fixed my problem by just installing the latest version of JDK 8 32bits instead of the 64bit JDK 10 I had.

But now I'm just getting a blank screen on my client.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rencom View Post
    So I fixed my problem by just installing the latest version of JDK 8 32bits instead of the 64bit JDK 10 I had.

But now I'm just getting a blank screen on my client.
    Open Simba 1.1 [Simba.exe], find the SRL menu, navigate down to "Automatically.." disable "Update" and "Check for update". Now repeat these steps under the plugin menu as well.

Once done, you must naviage to the plugin menu once more, and this time under "Settings" select override update if it's not already. Now still under the plugin menu, click "Update" and wait for it to update.

The problem should no longer appear, nor reappear.

Again, as always, use Simba 1.2Rc to run your script. Let there be no confusion about that.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    Open Simba 1.1 [Simba.exe], find the SRL menu, navigate down to "Automatically.." disable "Update" and "Check for update". Now repeat these steps under the plugin menu as well.

Once done, you must naviage to the plugin menu once more, and this time under "Settings" select override update if it's not already. Now still under the plugin menu, click "Update" and wait for it to update.

The problem should no longer appear, nor reappear.

Again, as always, use Simba 1.2Rc to run your script. Let there be no confusion about that.
    Hey slacky,

Thanks for the quick reply and it worked like a charm, thanks for the quick help!
    OP should put this into the FAQ, I think it would help others in the future!

Again thanks for the help slacky, cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

very well written tutorial, not too in depth but also covers everything a new user would need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I am getting this error when trying to compile:

Error: Don't know which overloaded method to call with params (array [0..0] of array of AnsiString) at line 358
    Compiling failed.

Here's the function where the error is happening:

Code:
    function TRSChooseOption.MissSelect(Option, MissOpt: TStringArray; ChanceOfMiss: Int32=5): Boolean;
    var
      i,j,l: Int32;
      choices: TOptionArray;
    begin
      while (Random(100) < ChanceOfMiss) do
      begin
        Self.Select([MissOpt]);  <---- Error occurrs here 
        Wait(35,800, wdLeft);
      end;

Result := Self.Select([Option]);
    end;
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactusses View Post
    *snip*
    Fixed. My bad.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Hi, thanks for the tutorial. It was very straight forward and easy to follow. I am having an issue with SRL, however. SMART loads OSRS but then the script gets stuck at this line: SRL.Setup();
    The script won't log in and nothing after this line is executed.
    This looks like the same problem that doodle3 posted earlier in this thread. I tried using the cross-hairs to target the SMART window and restart the script but this doesn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong or how I can fix it? Any help appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daileyj93 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the tutorial. It was very straight forward and easy to follow. I am having an issue with SRL, however. SMART loads OSRS but then the script gets stuck at this line: SRL.Setup();
    The script won't log in and nothing after this line is executed.
    This looks like the same problem that doodle3 posted earlier in this thread. I tried using the cross-hairs to target the SMART window and restart the script but this doesn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong or how I can fix it? Any help appreciated!
    Make sure your on fixed mode and brightness is on Max setting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hey man,

Thanks for a very detailed and thought out guide.

TO my dismay, I'm clearly unable to follow basic instructions.

I have uninstalled and redone the steps 4 times now, to no avail. I am getting a different error all the time, such as : Error: Invalid evaluation at line 7 (cleardebug) line, or Plugin . Not found...
    Compiling failed.

For some context I am trying to set this up on bootcamp on mac, not sure if that affects it in anyway. Regardless, any advice is appreciated.
    R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by butterlyr View Post
    Hey man,

Thanks for a very detailed and thought out guide.

TO my dismay, I'm clearly unable to follow basic instructions.

I have uninstalled and redone the steps 4 times now, to no avail. I am getting a different error all the time, such as : Error: Invalid evaluation at line 7 (cleardebug) line, or Plugin . Not found...
    Compiling failed.

For some context I am trying to set this up on bootcamp on mac, not sure if that affects it in anyway. Regardless, any advice is appreciated.
    R
    The following error mostlikely is caused by a missing semicolon.
    error: invalid evaluation

Secondly the missing plugin may be caused by a wrong plugin path or include path (e.g. make sure the include "SRL-2.0.2" is in Simba\Includes\ and name it "SRL" not "SRL-2.0.2"

If you still face problems, may check my guide on how to set simba up on linux and skip to the part where im installing & configuring simba, it's really detailed and tells you exactly what to rename, where to put which folder ect.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by symbiosis; 08-31-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Hello all, I am having a lot of problems trying to setup simba.
    I did everything but when I try to compile the code from the tutorial I get this error:"Error: Plugin(../Includes/RSWalker/libWalker) has not been found".
    Also I don't know if this is normal but "{$define SMART}""{$I SRL/OSR.simba}""{$I RSWalker/Walker.simba}" are all in red.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avb View Post
    Hello all, I am having a lot of problems trying to setup simba.
    I did everything but when I try to compile the code from the tutorial I get this error:"Error: Plugin(../Includes/RSWalker/libWalker) has not been found".
    Also I don't know if this is normal but "{$define SMART}""{$I SRL/OSR.simba}""{$I RSWalker/Walker.simba}" are all in red.

Thanks in advance
    The red code is absolutely normal, this is just syntax highlighting, no worries.

Did you download the RSWalker include? You must download it, extract the .zip to Simba\Includes\ and make sure the extracted folder is called "RSWalker" otherwiese you have to rename it so it machtes the name. If you still have troubles may look at my tutorial and head to part 7, there I'm showing where to put which folder etc. https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118377

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I followed step 7 and noticed I had downloaded the RSwalker beta.
    So i installed 1.2.0 and tried to compile the script again.
    This time I got this error:"Error: Plugin(.) has not been found".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I followed step 7 and noticed I had downloaded the RSwalker beta.
    So i installed 1.2.0 and tried to compile the script again.
    This time I got this error:"Error: Plugin(.) has not been found".
    Could you please attach a screenshot of your includes folder as well as a screenshot of your plugins folder?

Also this error seems to occure when you're not using Simba version 1.2.x

In the tutorial it states to download the version on the offical website, then update the extensions and plugins via simba -> extensions -> update AND THEN download the latest release with fixes Simba-1.2.0-rc6_fixes and run this from now on. You can get Simba-1.2.0-rc6_fixes here: https://github.com/slackydev/Simba/r....2.0-rc6_fixes
    Last edited by symbiosis; 08-31-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Okay so, firstly I donwloaded the 1.2.x version of simba and renamed it simba.
    Still no luck so... I have some screenshots .Includes folder.JPGplugin folder.JPGSimba root.JPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Okay so, firstly I donwloaded the 1.2.x version of simba and renamed it simba.
    Still no luck so... I have some screenshots .Includes folder.JPGplugin folder.JPGSimba root.JPG
    I show you step by step what to do with which include (assuming you did the first few steps correctly):
    1. Download the SRL-OSR include from here https://github.com/SRL/SRL/releases please download the .zip file, extract it and put the extracted content into Simba\Includes\SRL so it looks like this:
    srl-osr.PNG
    This is probably where your mistake happend, as you can see in the screenshot attached, I don't have a folder "SRL-OSR" in my includes folder, this would be the "SRL-2.0.2.zip" but when extracting you have to ether put the content directly in the folder Simba\Include\SRL or rename the folder to "SRL" and then put it in Simba\Includes\

2. Download the RSWalker include from here (not the beta, download the 1.2.0 version) https://github.com/ollydev/RSWalker/releases then extract it directly to Simba\Includes\ so the structure would look like this
    RSWalker.PNG

3. Run this code:
    Simba Code:
    program new;
    {$define SMART} //If not using SMART, then comment this line out
    {$I SRL/OSR.simba}
    {$I RSWalker/Walker.simba}

begin
      clearDebug();
      srl.Setup([]);
    end.
    Last edited by symbiosis; 08-31-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Okay so if I understood correctly i could remove the old SRL folder and replace it with the SRL-OSR folder, but i needed to rename it SRL.
    I did all this and...it gave me this error:"Error: Plugin(SimpleOCR32) has not been found". I did also notice that i didn't have a log, lib or info folder in the SRL fodler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Okay so if I understood correctly i could remove the old SRL folder and replace it with the SRL-OSR folder, but i needed to rename it SRL.
    I did all this and...it gave me this error:"Error: Plugin(SimpleOCR32) has not been found". I did also notice that i didn't have a log, lib or info folder in the SRL fodler.
    Ok. This sounds better. But may you just want to start from scratch again. Could you please uninstall Simba, delete the folder Simba if it's remaining after the uninstallation and start over again?

Then do the following steps:

1. Download Simba 1.1 from here http://simba.villavu.com/bin/Release...aInstaller.exe
    2. Start Simba and head to "View" -> "Extensions"
    3. In the window that opened, make sure to enable the following extensions by checking the checkbox
    associate.sex
    extension.sex
    srl.sex

4. Now close the window and head to SRL -> Settings -> Override update
    5. Then click SRL -> Update, you should see SRL downloading and extracting files (see the debug consol)
    6. Now click Plugins -> Settings -> Override update
    7. Then click Plugins -> Update
    8. Download the latest STABLE release (1.2.0-rc6_fixes), please download the .zip from here: https://github.com/slackydev/Simba/r....2.0-rc6_fixes
    9. Replace the simba.exe in C:\Simba\ with the just downloaded 1.2.0 release or just put it in the folder and leave the old one and just use the 1.2.0 from now on
    10. Download the SRL-OCR include from here https://github.com/SRL/SRL/releases
    11. Open the .zip, you should now see a folder called "SRL-2.0.2", open that folder and copy its contents to C:\Simba\Includes\SRL
    12. Download the RSWalker include from here, make sure to download the "Release 1.2.0" as a .zip file https://github.com/ollydev/RSWalker/releases
    13. Open the RSWalker.zip and copy the whole folder RSWalker to C:\Simba\Includes\ so it looks like C:\Simba\Includes\RSWalker
    14. Run the following code:

Simba Code:
    program new;
    {$define SMART} //If not using SMART, then comment this line out
    {$I SRL/OSR.simba}
    {$I RSWalker/Walker.simba}

begin
      clearDebug();
      srl.Setup([]);
    end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Okay, I uninstalled and did everything like you said but it still won't work.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Okay, I uninstalled and did everything like you said but it still won't work.
    Care to elaborate on what doesn't work? Are you given an error message?

If you follow the entire setup properly, things will most certainly start working.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

My apologies for the unclear post.
    I got the same error code (Error: Plugin(SimpleOCR32) has not been found).
    I did everything like the tutorial. The only thing I didn't completely understood was this line: "Could you please uninstall Simba, delete the folder Simba if it's remaining after the uninstallation and start over again", I didn't find a way to uninstall other than deleting the folder. I have no clue if this was correct or not.
    I am pretty sure I did all the other things right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My apologies for the unclear post.
    I got the same error code (Error: Plugin(SimpleOCR32) has not been found).
    I did everything like the tutorial. The only thing I didn't completely understood was this line: "Could you please uninstall Simba, delete the folder Simba if it's remaining after the uninstallation and start over again", I didn't find a way to uninstall other than deleting the folder. I have no clue if this was correct or not.
    I am pretty sure I did all the other things right.
    Disabling my antivirus fixed this issue for me it was deleting the file.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

sorry for my late reply.
    I also saw my antivirus blocked a file while using simba.
    It spat out this: "SimpleOCR32.dll is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.12636935".
    Anyone know why my antivirus sees it as a trojan?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

sorry for my late reply.
    I also saw my antivirus blocked a file while using simba.
    It spat out this: "SimpleOCR32.dll is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.12636935".
    Anyone know why my antivirus sees it as a trojan?
    It's a false-positive, disable your antivirus and add an exception for the file.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information