Thread: Regarding chain bans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Regarding chain bans

so i was browsing runescape's website and found this

Multiple logging-in
    You are free to create as many accounts as you like and you are welcome to trade between your accounts just as you would with any other legitimate player.

However, if any of your accounts obtained wealth by rule breaking activity for example macro use (botting) or real world trading (buying gold or items from 3rd parties) then all your accounts will be banned.

Similarly, multi-logged accounts must not interact with each other to exploit gameplay mechanics, such as attempting to rig the result of a minigame.

Trading wealth or items between your own accounts is done entirely at your own risk. Unconventional trade methods like drop-, death- or trust-trades are particularly risky and we strongly advise against them.

You may log into multiple accounts across all versions of RuneScape at the same time, however any account you are using must not be involved in any rule breaking or exploitative activity. Any penalties or sanction for such behaviour will be applied to all of your accounts.
    Why do we have this rule?

We have this rule as part of our procedures to monitor and deal with people who choose to real world trade, gold farm and use macros. People who move wealth between accounts they own and have gained that wealth unfairly or by breaking other game rules can expect to be banned.

what do you guys think?
    1.does this happen often or they dont ban all accounts related?

2.because i used to have my botter the same email as my main will this happen to me if i get caught?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

For me when it happened it banned everyone on that email registered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    For me when it happened it banned everyone on that email registered.
    if i changed my main's email do you think it will still happen?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Maybe, but its defitinely worth a try.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

What on earth would compel you to believe registering your main and your macros under the same email was a good idea?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    What on earth would compel you to believe registering your main and your macros under the same email was a good idea?
    I've done that with all my accounts, been banned a one time (like years ago), but never banned several accounts with the same email.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPickle View Post
    I've done that with all my accounts, been banned a one time (like years ago), but never banned several accounts with the same email.
    Well then I say the same thing to you. Does that really seem like a very good idea? Regardless of whether anything has happened yet lol.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Well then I say the same thing to you. Does that really seem like a very good idea? Regardless of whether anything has happened yet lol.
    True, not the smartest thing to do. I'm just lazy to make several email accounts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPickle View Post
    True, not the smartest thing to do. I'm just lazy to make several email accounts
    Pro tip; use alias emails
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my main uses the normal name to login not an email

but my botter was a pure with the same email as a login so i decided to bot on it and forgot about it a long time

now when i came back to runescape i noticed and changed the email for my main and the pure(botter)

but still it was the same one i
    im asking if still i have a risk of getting the chain ban

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I've regestered 90% of my accounts under one email, which is "keepbotting@pbot.org" to boot. I don't think they've caught on yet...
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Well, I have only ever got banned on accounts that I have botted on. If you're running a big time farm though (not something small like a main + maybe 1-2 accounts, just not like 20), I think they take out everything on that IP/email.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

I've one account banned and not the other where both were botting and on the same email.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Never had any chain bans happen to me. Is this a new rule?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Similarly, multi-logged accounts must not interact with each other to exploit gameplay mechanics, such as attempting to rig the result of a minigame.
    I can't tell if this is serious or not? I mean yes I understand people boost the hybrid equipment in games like Fight Pits, but realistically you can't even play more than half of these minigames because no one else is playing them. How can you seriously hand out a ban when it's actually impossible to play most of the dead content minigames in Runescape? Maybe jagex should implement some crappy AI so we can play minigames once again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I also heard that chain bans might be done by IP address (banning accounts that are using the same IP address). Not sure how much is true about this, maybe someone knows exactly how it is?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

I just got chainbanned again I don't know if they do it by IPs but they all had different emails this time and no interaction with any other accounts whatsoever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Im New Sry View Post
    I just got chainbanned again I don't know if they do it by IPs but they all had different emails this time and no interaction with any other accounts whatsoever.
    did you run all your accounts in the same time?
    Hi

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tickyy View Post
    did you run all your accounts in the same time?
    Yeah. I'm thinking maybe to create a separate windows user for each account if that would help..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Yeah. I'm thinking maybe to create a separate windows user for each account if that would help..
    then there you have your answer, it probably is the IP, try using them one by one for a few weeks...
    Hi

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brotein View Post
    I can't tell if this is serious or not? I mean yes I understand people boost the hybrid equipment in games like Fight Pits, but realistically you can't even play more than half of these minigames because no one else is playing them. How can you seriously hand out a ban when it's actually impossible to play most of the dead content minigames in Runescape? Maybe jagex should implement some crappy AI so we can play minigames once again.
    You're giving suggestions on how to fix their actions when you don't even know what they've been doing. Chances are that it's always on a case by case basis and that bans are only handed out in the most extreme of cases (e.g trying to get the #1 spot in conquest).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tickyy View Post
    then there you have your answer, it probably is the IP, try using them one by one for a few weeks...
    I have switched IPs 2-3 times in 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

I have switched IPs 2-3 times in 2 weeks.
    It's almost like IP has nothing to do with it then... /sarcasm

I've never experienced a ban since returning to SRL about 6 months ago. I know The Mayor has some serious run time and he never experiences bans. Obscurity uses ClickMouse which used to be instant-ban and he's never gotten anything in his runs. The key is to not have the pattern of a bot. For most of us, that means to use your own scripts or modified versions of public ones. Using public scripts will lead to patterns that Jagex can detect. If you're using private scripts and getting banned then you're probably not writing the scripts to run like a human would.

Jagex does not instant-ban for SMART, they do not IP ban, they simply ban people who are caught botting. I hear people say "I had 11/12 accounts in my farm banned, it must be IP". It would only be IP if 12/12 were banned and then any account on your IP was banned the second it was created. If you ran 12 accounts doing exactly the same task in exactly the same pattern, it's likely that Jagex caught onto the pattern and banned everyone they saw doing it. Or maybe you've just got bad luck and got caught breaking the rules.

For someone to say that Jagex bans based on IPs with no evidence except their own experience is incredibly naive. There are people in this thread saying they've never experienced full-sweeps of their accounts even when they're linked by the same emails. Bot smart and there's a much smaller chance of ban. Sometimes the odds aren't in your favour, but it doesn't mean you're IP banned.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    It's almost like IP has nothing to do with it then... /sarcasm

I've never experienced a ban since returning to SRL about 6 months ago. I know The Mayor has some serious run time and he never experiences bans. Obscurity uses ClickMouse which used to be instant-ban and he's never gotten anything in his runs. The key is to not have the pattern of a bot. For most of us, that means to use your own scripts or modified versions of public ones. Using public scripts will lead to patterns that Jagex can detect. If you're using private scripts and getting banned then you're probably not writing the scripts to run like a human would.

Jagex does not instant-ban for SMART, they do not IP ban, they simply ban people who are caught botting. I hear people say "I had 11/12 accounts in my farm banned, it must be IP". It would only be IP if 12/12 were banned and then any account on your IP was banned the second it was created. If you ran 12 accounts doing exactly the same task in exactly the same pattern, it's likely that Jagex caught onto the pattern and banned everyone they saw doing it. Or maybe you've just got bad luck and got caught breaking the rules.

For someone to say that Jagex bans based on IPs with no evidence except their own experience is incredibly naive. There are people in this thread saying they've never experienced full-sweeps of their accounts even when they're linked by the same emails. Bot smart and there's a much smaller chance of ban. Sometimes the odds aren't in your favour, but it doesn't mean you're IP banned.
    I didn't state that they ban by IP and I'm having some second thoughts myself, as 2 guys who survived the first chain ban, survived this one as well. Most likely the reason is public bots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Bigger Pro-Tip: Temp emails that you can define are best.

Takes less then 30 seconds to define a new email name and then you just have tut island. I can make 100s of accounts daily, the only issue is the stupid 24 hours of game play they want you to waste.
    I wear my scars like the rings on a pimp
    I live life like the captain of a sinking ship
    Always sell your product for ATLEAST mid to ensure that the market doesn't drop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information