Thread: [General] Farm Guide [X]

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Default [General] Farm Guide [X]

Quick general guide on farming, the in the outs. Nothing too fancy, nothing that is a secret farming method etc. Just the regular stuff you learn while doing farm runs in general.

Rules of thumb
    • Plant the best you can afford at all times
    • Obtain Scroll of life from Dungeoneering tokens (Really useful to save money on seeds)
    • Super Compost > compost!
    • Be time efficient, plan them well so you can get as many runs in a day as possible!
    • You can pay the farmer in veggies at the plot you are planting to take care of your plants
    • With amulet of farming you can attach them to a plot to check the status etc.

Farming Locations (Herbs)
    These are the ones you will use 99% of the time as these are for herbs (the only REAL profit in farming)
    • Falador: Using the explorer ring to teleport to the cabbage patch; a player-planted spirit tree in Port Sarim; Draynor Village lodestone teleport.
    • Ardougne: Ardougne cloaks 2, 3, and 4 (though only the elite cape provides unlimited teleports); Fishing Guild Teleport; using the skills necklace to teleport to the Fishing Guild; using the combat bracelet to teleport to Ranging Guild; Ardougne lodestone teleport
    • Port Phasmatys: Ectophial; Fairy ring ALQ
    • Catherby: Catherby Teleport; Catherby lodestone teleport
    • Trollheim*

The best order to complete these is Trollheim to Ardougne to Port Phasmatys to Falador to Catherby.
    *To access Trollheim you must do the quest my arm's big adventure

I am skipping bushes and hops, because they are both not profitable and inefficient XP
    Farming Locations (Wood Trees)

• Lumbridge: Lumbridge teleport; using the Amulet of Glory to teleport to Draynor. Lumbridge Lodestone teleport.
    • Varrock Castle: Varrock teleport; Ring of Wealth teleport to the Grand Exchange; GE Spirit Tree. Varrock Lodestone Teleport or the Edgeville Lodestone Teleport for quick access to the GE.
    • Falador Park: Falador Teleport; Skills Necklace teleport to the Mining Guild. Falador Lodestone Teleport.
    • Tree Gnome Stronghold: Spirit tree; Gnome glider. Ardougne Lodestone Teleport.
    • Taverley: Balloon transport; Taverley lodestone teleport; Teleporting to the Taverley house portal; Falador teleport.

Varrock Castle (Varrock teleport) to Gnome Stronghold (GE Spirit tree) to Lumbridge (Lumbridge teleport) to Taverley (House teleport) to Falador Park (Falador teleport).

How to plant trees
    They are not quite as simple as putting the seed dipper into the soil, you must take a trowel and use it with the seeds in inventory and have a plant pot inside inventory (to create a sapling, this is what you place into the ground)

Farming Locations (Fruit Trees)

These are the BEST xp, but very costly.
    • Tree Gnome Stronghold: Spirit tree; Gnome Glider.
    • Catherby: Catherby teleport, Gnome Glider to the top of White Wolf Mountain; Camelot teleport.
    • Gnome Village: Spirit tree; Fairy ring CIQ.
    • Brimhaven: Take the boat from Ardougne for 30gp; player-planted spirit tree; Karamja Gloves 3 to Shilo Village, Cart to Brimhaven; House teleport to Brimhaven; Charter ship to Brimhaven
    • Lletya: Elf teleport crystal.
    • Herblore habitat: Witchdoctor mask; juju teleport spiritbag.

Gnome Stronghold (GE Spirit Tree) to Gnome Village (Gnome Stronghold Spirit Tree) to Catherby (Catherby Teleport) to Brimhaven (Charter boat from Catherby docks to Brimhaven) to Herblore Habitat (Witchdoctor mask) to Lletya (Elf crystal).

How to plant:
    Same way as wood trees!

I hope with this basic guide you can get a small grip on farming!
    ---

Sources:
    http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Farming
    http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Farming_training
    Last edited by [XoL]; 03-30-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Thankyou! A Bit more pictures maybe, guide is an awesome start to general farming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Looks good!
    - Remember that the sword of Karma swings both ways

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRLKing View Post
    Thankyou! A Bit more pictures maybe, guide is an awesome start to general farming!
    Will add in a bit! Thanks, thanks badkarma too

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Good guide will have to use when I get my members back in 2 weeks

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Good job Xol, perhaps you could include mention of the money-making versus xp interactions of it, and possible add some mention of the very useful special plots, such as belladonna (high xp, low cost, and helps for profit in herblore), cactus or Evil Turnip (just really profitable), or calqat tree (super high xp with low cost)?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

If I really understood those things I probably would (Farming is one of the last skills I need to max, so far got to 85 through lamps alone lol)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

do a tree and fruit tree run daily bot livid the rest of the time. it's how i did 99 farm.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idodew View Post
    do a tree and fruit tree run daily bot livid the rest of the time. it's how i did 99 farm.
    Orrr if you are an SRL member use the farmer! and then livid farm , I hate livid farm...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Orrr if you are an SRL member use the farmer! and then livid farm , I hate livid farm...
    if there is actually a farmer i'm amazed at all the walking... but for normal people my method is great i did 71-99 in like 2 weeks or so i think

Thread Information