Thread: The Weekly Reviewer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Red face The Weekly Reviewer

Basically, I started up a new website for reviewing products!

The website is Weekly Reviewer

So what is this website about? Well, its just like the name! Every week, I will be reviewing products such as electronics, games, gadgets, down to even small things like toys or services.

Now, I currently have only one review on my website, as I only officially got it up and running 2 days ago.

(I don't really know much about this writing section, but I assumed that since this is about writing and reviewing, it would fit? If not, would a moderator please move it? Thank you!)

So please check it out guys, I would really like some feedback. Right now I am an amateur at creating websites, and this was my first try. So any criticism WHAT SO EVER is appreciated.

IT has been a long time since I was on these forums, but I still see some familiar faces!

If you guys could like the facebook page, that would be awesome Weekly Reviewer Facebook

Latest Review: Samsung Galaxy S4 review
    Last edited by Rezozo; 05-06-2013 at 12:35 AM.

For the basics of the basics of pascal, try my TuT. ||Photoshop Editing ||MapleResourceDung Script || Book a flight! BuySellTrip

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Ah that's pretty cool. So how do you decide what to review? People just send you links to products they'd like a review about? If you have any reviews about android phones let me know and I'll read those as well. :P

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Thats the cool part! If I already have the item they want reviewed, then all is well. If it is cheap and easy to buy, then great too. If it is expensive, but I feel it might be needed later for me, or I already wanted to buy it, then its easy.

If its not any one of those ^^^, then I will have them send it to me through some form of postage, and returned to them after the review.

This^^^, is usually for people who have their own little inventions or gadgets that they make, as well as companies who make certain products and want them tested before official release.

MIND READER. I AM DOING A REVIEW ON CERTAIN SMART PHONES IN LIKE A THE NEXT TWO REVIEWS.

PS. Hey flight!
    ~Rez

For the basics of the basics of pascal, try my TuT. ||Photoshop Editing ||MapleResourceDung Script || Book a flight! BuySellTrip

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Added a FaceBook Page! Still no feedback on WebSite :'(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

I suggest wordpress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

What Site are u using to host this. Did u use a websitebuilder or all coded by urself.
    Also, check out my website.
    Runawayscripts.yolasite.com
    If you need help working on your site, just ask

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Looks cool! Just something I noticed though, the text on the first page goes right to the black border, I'd add a bit of a margin to it

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Nice :P, I'll be checking back on this often if it gets going well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gala View Post
    I suggest wordpress.
    Already using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Physic View Post
    What Site are u using to host this. Did u use a websitebuilder or all coded by urself.
    Also, check out my website.
    Runawayscripts.yolasite.com
    If you need help working on your site, just ask
    Im using GoDaddy.com, and built it with wordpress. Already saw yours, and you bet ima ask you!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Looks cool! Just something I noticed though, the text on the first page goes right to the black border, I'd add a bit of a margin to it
    I MISSED YOU! Also, good call, fixing it now! Just can't seem to get that Home word away from the edge. Its not text I made, but part of the optimization. Ill see if I can change the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer View Post
    Nice :P, I'll be checking back on this often if it gets going well
    Thank you very much good sir.

Also, does anyone know about SEO stuff? Like how to get more traffic. I know I have to put interesting content, but that will take some time.
    I guess Ill try to Google a bit about SEO optimization and all.
    Last edited by Rezozo; 04-07-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rezozo View Post
    I MISSED YOU! Also, good call, fixing it now! Just can't seem to get that Home word away from the edge. Its not text I made, but part of the optimization. Ill see if I can change the theme.
    Yeah, same

One other thing, on your Submit Item page (http://weeklyreviewer.com/submit/), you have a thing called Product Name, and below that there's a drop-down menu of things like Electronic, Book, Website, ect. Is that a Product Type place of is there somewhere else for the name? Sorry if I'm not making any sense

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Also, does anyone know about SEO stuff? Like how to get more traffic. I know I have to put interesting content, but that will take some time.
    I guess Ill try to Google a bit about SEO optimization and all.
    I read through a nice tutorial a while back while adding some simple SEO to our company website; I used this tutorial:
    http://www.tizag.com/SEOTutorial/seo-title-tag.php

Just read through the whole thing, not only does it tell you what to do specifically in your website but it also explains why each method works and how it works.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Don't forget to add your site to bing, google and yahoo in the end, so they start crawling. There are a lot of SEO addons for wordpress for metas and robot.txt.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

If it's an item that is expensive but can be returned then do just that, buy it, review it, and return it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Don’t hate if you don’t like. Just accept it.
    You muuust remove this from your website. If you are objective like you claim, then this patronizing sentence has no place.

The website needs some help bad colour scheme and no transparency.
    Also, about your first review, I was hoping it was a typed review as I personally much prefer those to video reviews.

Gl with your site, if you do unique product reviews you definitely can attract a crowd!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Yeah, same

One other thing, on your Submit Item page (http://weeklyreviewer.com/submit/), you have a thing called Product Name, and below that there's a drop-down menu of things like Electronic, Book, Website, ect. Is that a Product Type place of is there somewhere else for the name? Sorry if I'm not making any sense
    Yea, i don't understand that..Basically, if there is anything they have to tell me about the product, it would be in the description box.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I read through a nice tutorial a while back while adding some simple SEO to our company website; I used this tutorial:
    http://www.tizag.com/SEOTutorial/seo-title-tag.php

Just read through the whole thing, not only does it tell you what to do specifically in your website but it also explains why each method works and how it works.
    This will be a great help! Thanks flight!

Don't forget to add your site to bing, google and yahoo in the end, so they start crawling. There are a lot of SEO addons for wordpress for metas and robot.txt.
    When you say add...I dont understand. Isn't it like Google already indexes and ranks it on its own? And yea, gotta get that SEO on!

Quote Originally Posted by Neznam View Post
    If it's an item that is expensive but can be returned then do just that, buy it, review it, and return it.
    Good Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    You muuust remove this from your website. If you are objective like you claim, then this patronizing sentence has no place.

The website needs some help bad colour scheme and no transparency.
    Also, about your first review, I was hoping it was a typed review as I personally much prefer those to video reviews.

Gl with your site, if you do unique product reviews you definitely can attract a crowd!
    Thanks for the Input!
    So I think I will get rid of that line, as for the color scheme, I am trying to find a good theme or template from wordpress, that works out. Probably will.
    Also, yea, it was a first review, and I will be making the rest mainly typed, but with a video for those who want to watch it or see the tests.

Thank you guys so much! You are all great!
    ~Rez

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Keep us update with the list of things which u have reviewed. Post it in OP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

what kind of products are u reviewing in general

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

When you say add...I dont understand. Isn't it like Google already indexes and ranks it on its own? And yea, gotta get that SEO on!
    Google does, but it is better to add it manually to get crawled asap. I created a google webmaster account, so I can track viewers and keywords. You can even use google analyse to get more detailed infos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentcore View Post
    Keep us update with the list of things which u have reviewed. Post it in OP.
    I think Ill do that. HEY SILENT!! UR YOUTUBE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Physic View Post
    what kind of products are u reviewing in general
    So far, on my own, Im doing certain electronics like microphones, smartphones, graphics tablets etc. The best part is, if I don't have any of these, I could probably find tons of friends who do

Google does, but it is better to add it manually to get crawled asap. I created a google webmaster account, so I can track viewers and keywords. You can even use google analyse to get more detailed infos.
    Thats pretty cool! I think Ill look into that. Made the account now, lets see what I can 'safely' mess with

Thank you guys again, soo much!

~Rez

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

I think Ill do that. HEY SILENT!! UR YOUTUBE!!
    ~Rez
    What about my YouTube?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)

What about my YouTube?
    inb4 embarassing IRL youtube videos :3 *droool*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

What about my YouTube?
    You haven't made a new video in ages , I was actually looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Runehack123 View Post
    inb4 embarassing IRL youtube videos :3 *droool*
    Lul no.

~Rez

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Right guys! So a new review is up. I wanted to do this before the LG Optimus G Pro and the Galaxy S4 released, so hear it is:
    http://weeklyreviewer.com/lg-optimus...w-att-version/

I am still in the making of the hands-on video of this phone, but the basic writing part is done.

Please check it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Hey guys! My next review is up! This is on the different online storage units available. These are my top pics and why. All are free.
    ~Rez

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Hey guys, just did a Samsung Galaxy S4 review! Updated in the OP, check it out!

Thread Information