Thread: How to store information on your Ti-82+ calculator[anti-anti-cheating guide]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Default How to store information on your Ti-82+ calculator[anti-anti-cheating guide]

Tired of your teacher walking by and clearing out your memory after you saved your notes on your ti claculator? Well this guide is for you!

Step 1)

Go to "PRGM" ---> NEW

Make the name of the program something you will remember (such as notes)
    Now write all your notes inside of this program. You can turn on "A-lock" located under the "2nd" button. When you are done writing your notes Press "2nd" Quit to close out.

Step 2)

Now you are going to want to "archive" the program. Press "2nd" CATALOG.

Now go down to "Archive" and hit enter. Now press "PRGM" and select the one you just saved and press enter. Your calculator should now say "Archive prgm programnamehere" Press enter. The program is now archived and when the memory is cleared it will not be erased. You are not done yet though!

Step 3)

You can't access archived programs, so you have to unarchive it. So after your teacher goes around clearing the memory off everyone's calculator, go to "2nd" "CATALOG" Press "U" Select "UnArchive" press enter. Now go to "PRGM" and select the one you archived and press enter! To access your notes go to "PRGM" ---> select the one you saved ---> EDIT. BAM there's you notes! GF ignorant teacher thought telling everybody to remove backs and clearing memory would stop cheating

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Old news, at least for me .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Thanks, yo. I've never cheated in my life. I can't deal with the guilt

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Physic View Post
    Thanks, yo. I've never cheated in my life. I can't deal with the guilt
    I wouldnt really call this cheating... At my school we always just used it to enter formulas for stuff that was hard to remember (for some people), ie... d/dx(f(x)*g(x)) = d/dx(f(x))*g(x) + f(x)*d/dx(g(x)) [chain rule] or whatever.

Throughout my time I wrote programs to do basically everything, my teachers didnt have a problem with it as long as we still showed word and that the programs were our own. Though, iirc, on AP tests, we had to clear them. Thank god for backups.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Lol, my method: flashing the cx cas rom onto my cx after "fixing the chipboard"
    That and integrating the additional libraries into the cx cas rom for easy use, even in test mode

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

I used to do this back in '06 with my Casio fx9750G, except my teachers used to clear the memory before each exam. Little did they know that I wrote a program that mimicked the clear memory screen, so they were not actually clearing anything It also had multistage password protection where you had to answer 2-3 questions before you could get to the saved information I actually found that writing all my answers in the calculator was a good way to study, because it actually took some effort to condense all the information. Most of the time I didn't end up cheating.

Funny story actually, I nearly failed statistics at school because I spend the whole year fiddling with my calculator in class. I ended up writing quite a few programs, my most famous being a VO2 max calculator based on the distance and time that you could run

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

I use programs on all my tests, I told the teacher that I was going to write programs to do them, she said " if you can write a program to do the math, then I'm sure you know it well enough anyway". So I just always use em

Thread Information