Thread: Script Troubleshooting Faq

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Default Script Troubleshooting Faq

Not completed...

I'm reserving a topic to build a Troubleshooting Faq for my scripts and for others to refer noobs to before they post needing help. Not sure if one already exist but I want to build one to my standards.

For example I will have a list common errors, like not having SPS or ODTM installed, and steps on how to fix them. Instructions on how to post a bug report. Stuff like that. I want to make it simple and fast to read as to not scare away the lazy ppl.

Error:
    Code:
    "Exception in Script: Unable to find file 'ObjectDTM/ObjDTMInclude.Simba' used from 'C:\Simba\Scripts\"
    This error means you either don't have ODTM installed or Don't have in installed correctly. To install ODTM correctly follow the 2 links.
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=847813
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread....89#post1167389

Error:
    Code:
    "C:\Simba\Includes\SPS/SPS.simba(371:51): Invalid number of parameters at line"
    Error:
    Code:
    "C:\Simba\Includes\SRL/SRL/misc/SmartParams.Simba(282:145): Invalid number of parameters at line"
    This error means you either don't have SMART8 installed and are trying to run a SMART8 script or have SMART8 installed and are tring to run a non SMART8 script. To fix this look at the top of the script you are trying to rune and either remove or add an 8 to this line {$DEFINE SMART}.
    {$DEFINE SMART8} = If you have SMART8 installed
    {$DEFINE SMART} = If you DON'T have SMART8 installed

Error:
    Code:
    "C:\Simba\Includes\SRL\SRL\MISC\Paintsmart.simba(44 :33): Unknown identifier 'SmartGetDebugDC' at line"
    Error:
    Code:
    "Exception in Script: Failed to create new thread, code:8"
    I've seen this error when the is a memory leak in a script and Simbas memory gets too full.

Error:

"C:\Simba\Includes\SRL/SRL/misc/SmartParams.Simba(281:149)
    Last edited by bud_wis_er_420; 05-31-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Not scripting for RS anymore, sorry. Banned too many times.
    MY SCRIPTS

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

All it does is downloads a new include and replaces the old one saying it updated it and that I have to restart the script. Hell I restarted my computer and still kept getting the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

could you tell me how to resolve the last error code listed? It says

'[Error] C:\Simba\Includes\SRL/SRL/misc/SmartParams.Simba(282:145): Invalid number of parameters at line 281
    Compiling failed.'

I know up above in your original trouble shooting it has that error listed but there is no way to resolve?

Thread Information