Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Warbands [Up to 360k Daily XP] [P2P]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Default Wilderness Warbands [Up to 360k Daily XP] [P2P]

Wilderness Warbands

Above are the skills on which you can get up to 360k Daily XP.

Table of Contents

1. Wilderness Warbands
    2. How to Participate
    3. Possible Locations
    4. Beam
    5. Tents
    6. Wand of Treachery
    7. XP Calculations
    8. Friend Chats
    9. Personal Notes

Hello again everybody. Well, I have some free time now, and I said that I will do a Wilderness Warband guide. I think that a fair amount of you don't know what I am talking about, since Warbands are out for what, like 1 month? Anyway, let's get onto it!

Wilderness Warbands

Wilderness Warbands is a dangerous D&D event. Why dangerous? The name says it - Wilderness. That means you could get killed by other players while doing them. Basically, they are just some huge storage camps of followers of Guthix/Armadyl/Zamorak. They are setting up their camps each 7 hours, and you can do this until you have 75 supplies looted in total. Each world has its' own timer for warbands. This D&D was released on 25th March 2013. Now that you know what this is, let's hop onto the next step.

How to Participate

First of all, you must get to Edgeville bridge. You will see a huge Ent, called Quercus. Talk to him, and ask when the next warband will appear. He will tell you the exact time, but will not tell you the location. When the timer ends, he will tell where he spotted a Warband. You can get the message about Warband in your game chat as well, with the location included. Anyway, since we know when the Warbands will appear, we can get ready and go to loot them. How? I will tell you that in the steps below.

Possible Locations

This is a short step. The game chat and Quercus can tell you the location, but you must know how to get there fast. You aren't the only one doing this, you know.

I will include the short names for the locations. You will have to join a Friends Chat if you don't want to get killed (I will cover this in my last step).

Level 13 - South of Dark Warriors' Fortress - DWF - Just run there.
    Level 42 - South-East of Red Dragon Isle - RDI - Edgeville Canoe to Wilderness and run east, Lava Titan teleport, then go east, or Corp Cave teleport and go east.
    Level 56 - East of Lava Maze - ELM - Edgeville Canoe to WIlderness and run north, Lava Titan teleport and run north, or Corp Cave teleport and run north-west.

Beam

I recommend you don't do beam if you're not at least a bit experienced with Warbands as it will only get you killed. If you don't know what you're doing, wait till others do it for you.

Beam is a very useful thing in Warbands. First of all, don't ruin beam. Don't run into camp or attack any of the followers, especially if you don't know what you're doing. What you do is you can interrupt magic from a distance, like you see in the picture. When the bar turns blue, new option - 'Summon Reinforcements' - on the Beam will appear. This will be a fast step, and you basically do the same as you did with interrupting beam. Now, if it is successful, tents will be available to loot for 10 minutes, if not, only 5. When you summon reinforcements, a group of other God's followers will teleport to area and start fighting followers of that camp. If you ruin beam, you must do it yourself. Also, the Beam gives Summoning and Prayer rewards for those who participate in it and only when it is successful. If you help fighting the leader of the camp, you also get Slayer XP. The formula for that XP will be included later in the guide (XP Calculations part). Until you are done with the beam, you won't be able to see tent names. Let's head to the next step.
    NOTE: Due to recent updates, one Warband can only have 1000 resources in total, so the more people come, the less are the chances to loot 25 before it dies.

Tents

When you are done with the beam and the followers are fighting with you or the reinforcement team, 3 of 5 possible tents will appear. They are totally random, no pattern, and there are 5 types of tents - Mining, Smithing, Herblore, Construction, Farming. When you are done with the beam, you will see which 3 of 5 possible tents will appear. After the last follower has died, you will be able to loot the tents. You can loot a maximum of 25 supplies per Warband, no matter if it is 10 Mining supplies and 15 Farming supplies, or 10/10/5, or 25 of one type. Maximum is 25. When you are done looting, you can't teleport out of the area, you can't send the supplies to bank, you can only run back from Wilderness to the Ent, which is near Edgeville Bridge. You hand in the supplies for XP. Recent update made the supplies show upon your gravestone to your killer, so they are not converted to 4k coins/piece anymore, and you cannot hop worlds, or you will lose all your resources. Although you can PK other players to gain some of the supplies too.

Wand of Treachery

Each Warband has one Wand of Treachery, and one random player can get it while looting tents. Beware! If you get the Wand, your Prayer will be drained, you won't be able to log out for 10 seconds, you will be teleblocked and anybody, no matter their combat level, will be able to attack you. By the time I'm writing this guide, the Wand is only 4M gp, and is dropping rapidly, so soon it will become cheap as ... Well, you get it, right? Anyway, be aware that when you loot the wand, a number of people will attack you, so bring a Prayer Potion in case you get one, so you can use Protect Item.

XP Calculations

Ahh, the rewarding part of this event! The XP! Let me assure you, the XP amount is HUGE! At 94 Farming, I am getting 109.5k XP per Warband (25 supplies). There is a formula to calculate, how much XP you will get, if you're interested. Anyway, this is worth doing no matter what, so you shouldn't worry as much about calculations, but here they are.

Formula for Skill Supplies

This is only for 1 supply, so multiply that by how many supplies you have/will get etc.

Formula for Beam success

I am not sure about the Slayer formula, but I think it's half of the formule above. Not sure though, it can depend on how much damage you do to the leader.

Friend Chats

Warbands have been nerfed and now if you're carrying supplies anyone can attack you. If you want to loot Warbands safely most of the time, you should join a friends chat. Nowadays there are many friends chats, so you may want to look them up on RSOF and find one to your liking. However, most FCs ask you to have 130+ Combat Level, so that is really unfortunate for the lower levels. Alternatively, what I used to do to avoid this problem, was to loot only at DWF. My strategy involved me hopping worlds near the DWF camp and finding the world with a camp that's there. It's even better if you find a world without a WB clan. To reduce suspicion and chance of others to attack you, you may want to take some most popular team capes that some of the clans use and wear them. Of course, don't forget to bring some gear, so that others can't kill you very easily. BUT if you are 130 combat and above, I strongly advise you to apply for a friends chat. It will be easier that way.

Personal Notes

Okay, the guide is finished, only thing for you to do is go and experience those Warbands! Anyway, from my experience, I might just say a few words. I always bring like 5 Rocktails and a PPot to a Warband. I always wear Batwing/Poly, and I have Protect Item always on. There are some bsers around, they can get quite annoying, but the best you can do is either fight back or accept the fate and at least protect the Poly. Of course, there are other sets of armour, like Royal/RCB or Royal/Hand Cannon. If there isn't a tent you need, you should just skip the Warband, or loot the food/items for later use. At the time of writing this guide, I have gotten 97-99 Smithing, 85-99 Farming, 85-90 Construction and 85-95 Herblore so far, so I think that it is some pretty fast daily XP. Adios, and good luck doing Wilderness Warbands!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Wow, I had no idea that warbands offered so much experience!

Can this be done solo, or must it be done in a group of people?

Nice guide, by the way!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Nice guide, by the way!
    solo is possible but very inefficiently as it will take a long time to clear the camp.

it is a great way to train skills, I got 96-99 farming very fast at 300k farming xp for about 30 minutes of playing each day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Nice guide, by the way!
    Probably impossible to do since Friend Chats look for worlds and squeeze out every one. And you will be killed since you will be a white dot.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

wow, im going to do some of those to get some contruction xp since I need it..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

Nice guide. Just bought a wand for 5.2m btw, so it's raising a bit.
    My First Build!, Selling Downloadable Games
    -------------------------------------

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

you may wish to add to this guide that after you have looted your 25 supplies its possible to jump to another world and run back to claim your reward. This means that its much less likely for you to get PK'd whilst running back.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the flea View Post
    you may wish to add to this guide that after you have looted your 25 supplies its possible to jump to another world and run back to claim your reward. This means that its much less likely for you to get PK'd whilst running back.
    I will! When I get on my computer

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Impressive guide man, I was just looking into this stuff!

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Four View Post
    Nice guide I have a better picture of how warbands works now
    Glad you found it useful :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Nice guide a few things you may wish to add: You can also use the less known FC "Warbanding" please note they also have a website up and running for these FC's here is the link: http://warbandpk.webs.com/ If using these FC's I strongly recommend you read the Beginners Guide which contains all the useful information you will need for your survival as well as a glossary of useful terms.

The website also contains a World Tracker which I strongly advice you to use as it allows you to keep up to date on events and avoid unnecessary spam in the FC's. I won't bother to outline any premium stuff as I haven't bothered to take advantage of them. World Tracker: http://warbands.tk/index.php

You will also notice the world tracker site has a current team cape option which is changed every Friday, the team cape only works in Shared worlds i.e. Anyone wearing a team cape has less chance of being killed but you will still can be killed Back Stabbers so it doesn't give you immunity.
    When you use an FC world i.e. 'Pk Warband' the team cape won't give you any protection only being in the correct FC will, which I personally think is the best way as BSing is significantly Reduced.

Fun Fact the leader sells the capes on reset day in GE for 15k ea.

One more thing I must mention the FC's also offer split worlds which will usually be advertised like this: "&&&&&&&&& W36 2mins qh me&&&&&&&&&" (& = split/ "=" = shared) If I was you I'd pretty much avoid these at all costs as BSing is pretty high and in most cases the person doing the BSing will get support from other people around him who will just tag in and pile you so don't bother with them if you value your xp dearly.

They also have a forum thread isn't much use but has some advice on gear which is useful: Quick find code: 75-76-852-64924748.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread but since you mentioned the FC's in your post I thought I'd elaborate on it, since I started using the FC's and I have only been killed once because I lagged on route to a camp in a shared world with over 600+ people and got BS'd, the key is to keep moving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Here's what I personally use for gear when warbanding in the FC just in case anyone was curious. Don't use anything expensive as you will just get piled more so keep it cheap.

Cape: Team cape X/Na

Head: Gano hat.
    Neck: Games Necklace
    Body: Royal Body
    Legs: Royal Legs
    Gloves: Gano
    Boots: Gano
    Ring: Ring of Duely (in case I get heavily piled on the way to a camp)
    Weapon: Royal Crossbow/Hand cannon
    Ammo: Royal Bolts/Hand cannon Shots

Inventory: 2 Rocktail Soup 1 Prayer restore, 15 rocktails.
    BOB: Yak (Empty) Left cick option: Take BOB.
    Once I approach the camp and start looting I usually interact with it and store my rocktails ONLY. The soup + prayer pot is in case I get attacked mid loot or I get the wand so I can protect item.

Hope it helps for anyone who is struggling.

EDIT: For those of you who have done Livid Farm you could also carry runes for disruption shield and put in your action bar along with surge + anticipation + freedom for when you need to runaway or get bound really important you have these on there.
    Last edited by Kazimx; 05-18-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Thanks for info man, this definitely needs an update, which I will do tomorrow! Many changes happened since I posted this .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

I literally almost made a web app just for this one purpose, thank you for posting this kaz!

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Updated to today's rules and standards. Sorry, I haven't had time lately. We're shooting a mini movie for fun and it takes a lot of my time, so I'm away most of the time. Anyway, this thing is updated now and that's good :P. Thank you Kazimx .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Never knew that the wilderness war bands offered so much experience Great Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happy hippo View Post
    Never knew that the wilderness war bands offered so much experience Great Guide
    I hate to tell you but this JUST got nerfed!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

too good to be true

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by count to potato View Post
    I hate to tell you but this JUST got nerfed!
    Your Joking, The Crazy XP Rates Will Abolish Training In those particular skills. i can sorta see why its guna get nerfed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happy hippo View Post
    Your Joking,
    I wish I was....

WW.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Im New Sry View Post
    I updated the guide with these unpleasant updates.
    nice, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Im New Sry View Post
    I updated the guide with these unpleasant updates.
    It seems Jagex's nerfgun has been set to rapid-fire lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Yeah so annoyed they nerfed this. I was only a couple of days from 99 herby -.-

I wish I had known about the great xp rates when it first came out. I only had about 3 weeks of warbanding
    My Scripts: DWT Iron Miner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information