Thread: Extensions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Default Extensions

I'm trying to revive the SRL remote that I created over a year and a half ago.
    However I'm having trouble with getting the extension to read INI files.

Whenever I try to get the extension to read a INI file I get the following error
    Untitled.png
    and this is the log
    Program exception!
    Stacktrace:

Exception class: EAccessViolation
    $00669B93
    $0066931F
    $00501678
    $0040C37A
    $005804CF
    $76D277D8
    $76D278CB
    $76D2BD11
    $76D3921C
    $004252DA
    $76D277D8
    $76D278CB
    $76D2899D
    $76D28A66
    $005115A5
    $00421D09
    $0042214F
    Simba Version: 992
    Any ideas?

~shut

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)

I kind of curious about your remote extension; I read the topic and also skimmed the code, but I'm not sure I fully understand it - is it an extension to use forms to fill out script variables? Or is it supposed to hide player information (user/pass) in a .ini file instead of in the script? (Again, just wondering, it is also the first time I think I've seen this extension, but from the overview it seems like a great idea and looks like an extension that is helpful too).

Also, as for your stack trace, I saw your simba version, I think you might want to update to 993? (off topic)

As for the error, I received the same error, however that was with the extension enabled.
    Without the extension enabled, the test remote simba file seemed to work okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

The extension would allow someone to change players for a script during runtime

So for example, you have 5 accounts
    2 have failed for whatever reason and 3 are still going

You can sort the 2 failed ones out, put them back at the start and enable them in the script again so they continue all without having to stop or restart the script

Or if you have been running a script for say 2 days, then decide you want to add another player, you can do so without stopping or restarting the script

~shut

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttleu View Post
    The extension would allow someone to change players for a script during runtime

So for example, you have 5 accounts
    2 have failed for whatever reason and 3 are still going

You can sort the 2 failed ones out, put them back at the start and enable them in the script again so they continue all without having to stop or restart the script

Or if you have been running a script for say 2 days, then decide you want to add another player, you can do so without stopping or restarting the script

~shut
    Ah thanks, that better clears up my original question.
    Also, for the error, I suspect somewhere, that there's a file trying to be read in an unspecified place. Granted this is an assumption, I'll give it a look and see if I can turn anything up.
    Cheers,
    -Lj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

The only time the error occurs is when you open up the Player Remote form to change some variables
    If there are no scripts running, there are no files to access, therefore there is no error.

You have to be running a script (such as the remote test script) so there is a file for the extension to try and access, this is when the error occurs

~shut

Thread Information