Thread: May be a stupid Question - About Testing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default May be a stupid Question - About Testing

Hey guys, my first post.

Im starting to learn how to produce scripts, for fun mainly. Think found a few very nice guides simply on this forums which is amazing.

The question i wish to know, and may be stupid(as title says): how do you guys test your Bots/Scripts?
    Obviously you run them, however i dont want to test my scripts and be running them while they still bad and get myself banned.
    I would make F2P to test, however im only on RS07 so dont want to pay for two lots.

Also quick question that might help this: RS07 Doesn't have a Anti-Bot system yet does it?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

I think RS07 has somekind of BotWatch and for learning I suggest you to make new account... For testing I use my main account but I look code through before hitting the play button

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

I personally test on my main just fine.

The things to note however, are:
    Write the script sections at a time. Walking first, selecting next, etc, etc. And test it along the way.
    BABYSIT. Do not run the script ever unless you are watching it. Get at least 6 hours of runtime safely before leaving it alone. Trust it before you loose it on the world

It doesn't matter how bot-like you are... If it only happens for about 15 minutes at a time, and everything else looks normal/logged out, their EOC bot-watch wouldn't detect it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys for the amazingly quick replies, and advice.

t4q: I did think was the best method, however i dont want to pay for two memberships. However if get banned wont be paying for either.

Kevin: Thanks for advice, can see how that would work well. I'm currently always standing by so that will be fine, i guess will just take a while to find methods that i like and work for me. then can just copy them over so to speak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

No problem, I don't want you to buy for to memberships... Just make first script EOC and use new account for testing

Thread Information