Poll: Should I make more voice guides?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A video guide to DDTM walking!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerskunkle View Post
    Fantastic Tutorial, Thanks for taking the time to make a video, it made things so much easier to understand. Problem is I'm a noob to scripting and I can't figure out how to fix an error I keep getting "Unknown type 'TDTMPointDef' at line X"

edit: Neilsy95 answered this question in another thread here's what he had to say

"TDTM is defined in Simba.scar in SRL for Simba. Else you've got to use the Simba alternative (TMDTM).

type
    TDTMPointDef = TSDTMPointDef;
    TDTMPointDefArray = TSDTMPointDefArray;
    TDTM = TSDTM;
    function AddDTM(DTM : TDTM) : integer;
    begin
    result := AddSDTM(dtm);
    end; "

In other words if anybody else is getting the error "Unknown type 'TDTMPointDef' at line X" Change anything with "TDTM" in it to "TSDTM" and your "addDTM" to "addSDTM"
    Saw the post, thank you for posting an answer as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

iam a bit confused about how he used DDTM because the points he picked were not visible on the mini map since he walked away so far? so would it just be clicking in the pattern that he specified

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxlvs View Post
    iam a bit confused about how he used DDTM because the points he picked were not visible on the mini map since he walked away so far? so would it just be clicking in the pattern that he specified
    Would you please stop gravedigging?
    Post your way to 30 posts reasonably, not all in 4 days and BANG entire jr lib downloaded.
    Post useful stuff that people can gain from.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxlvs View Post
    If it cannot find the DDTM it moves onto the next DDTM and so on until it finds one (then it'll click and move on to the next one) or it's at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by YouPee View Post
    Would you please stop gravedigging?
    Post your way to 30 posts reasonably, not all in 4 days and BANG entire jr lib downloaded.
    Post useful stuff that people can gain from.
    He's asking a valid question and you cannot grave dig in the tutorial section. From the seems of things he's just reading tutorials and asking questions, don't put him off.
    Last edited by Harrier; 10-28-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

thank you Hawker your a very respectable person unlike youpee for some reason has an issue with people trying to learn. i was thinking of trying to make a walking script with just random clicks in a box and bitmaps because iam not sure how to use DDTMs yet

thank you that does explain it a little bit more

i wish i could get some skype users and have a voice call or even just IM to ask direct questions kinda deal

oh wait i just saw you have a skype on you profile iam gonna add you hawker
    Last edited by maxlvs; 10-28-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

I don't often use skype but I'm nearly always on IRC (Rizon #srl or click the chat button) if I'm on my PC.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Hey man I tried using your method, did everything as you did but it gives me error at Result := AddDTM(TempTDTM);

Code:
    Error: Expected variable of type "Pointer", got "record [0]record [0]UInt32; [4]UInt32; [8]UInt32; [12]UInt32; [16]UInt32; [20]UInt32; end; [24]array of record [0]UInt32; [4]UInt32; [8]UInt32; [12]UInt32; [16]UInt32; [20]UInt32; end; end" at line 65
    I have set "TempTDTM : TDTM;" adn all other variables just like you did.

Could you please tell me what am I doing wrong, I'm using AeroLib in my script.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kakadudl View Post
    Hey man I tried using your method, did everything as you did but it gives me error at Result := AddDTM(TempTDTM);

Code:
    Error: Expected variable of type "Pointer", got "record [0]record [0]UInt32; [4]UInt32; [8]UInt32; [12]UInt32; [16]UInt32; [20]UInt32; end; [24]array of record [0]UInt32; [4]UInt32; [8]UInt32; [12]UInt32; [16]UInt32; [20]UInt32; end; end" at line 65
    I have set "TempTDTM : TDTM;" adn all other variables just like you did.

Could you please tell me what am I doing wrong, I'm using AeroLib in my script.
    This guide is for PascalScript not lape so you need to change AddDTM to AddSDTM (and I'd recommend not using DDTM walking on OSRS since it can be quite inaccurate and the DTMs break a lot.)
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    This guide is for PascalScript not lape so you need to change AddDTM to AddSDTM (and I'd recommend not using DDTM walking on OSRS since it can be quite inaccurate and the DTMs break a lot.)
    What type of walking would you recommend for osrs?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chief404 View Post
    What type of walking would you recommend for osrs?
    Not sure if you should write off DDTMs. They are pretty powerful when used right and definitely worth learning if you have the time to learn. Can't speak for others but DDTMs rarely failed me when i used them in my color scripts. Other than that, SPS seems to be used a lot with OSRS. Other than that, try not to gravedig.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

I'd say RSWalker, never seen anyone use SPS in their OSRS scripts
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    I'd say RSWalker, never seen anyone use SPS in their OSRS scripts
    Considered them the same thing as it's the same concept. I actually meant RSWalker too.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Considered them the same thing as it's the same concept. I actually meant RSWalker too.
    Only if you strip it down to the core idea (that's rather misleading) - which is to use image cross correlation, that's all there is in common. If you put SPS (for OSR) on the testbench it will fail you, SPS is straight forward and basic. RSW however does roughly 20 cross correlations to account for transformations on the minimap and stuff in order to pinpoint where you are. And then we have the memscanning which usually improve both performance and accuracy.
    Last edited by slacky; 09-04-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    Only if you strip it down to the core idea (that's rather misleading) - which is to use image cross correlation, that's all there is in common. If you put SPS (for OSR) on the testbench it will fail you, SPS is straight forward and basic. RSW however does roughly 20 cross correlations to account for transformations on the minimap and stuff in order to pinpoint where you are. And then we have the memscanning which usually improve both performance and accuracy.
    So what you're trying to say is the difference between RSWalker and SPS is how you find/compare the smaller map on the bigger map?
    Last edited by Kasi; 09-04-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Not sure if you should write off DDTMs. They are pretty powerful when used right and definitely worth learning if you have the time to learn. Can't speak for others but DDTMs rarely failed me when i used them in my color scripts. Other than that, SPS seems to be used a lot with OSRS. Other than that, try not to gravedig.
    With how much the map changes on osrs DDTMs can break a lot or be quite inaccurate although it really depends on the location.
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

So what you're trying to say is the difference between RSWalker and SPS is how you find/compare the smaller map on the bigger map?
    Oversimplification, and lacking. That's not the only difference obviously. You have to tweak SPS (it takes some limiting parameters), RSW however has no such thing, it instead does a (well several) full on cross correlation, returning a matrix of correlation values at each point in the big image... it then loop through it to locate a good peak, and then performs a cross correlation AGAIN locally around that peak, to pinpoint exactly the center of the peak. (There has been changes so it might not be exactly as stated here)

SPS isn't nearly as involved, and it's image cross correlation is naive: at each pt in big the image the sub image is compared using a test to count how many pixels are within given tolerance limit, the point with the highest number of matches is where you are. That's it.

Other than that the API is way different, and RSW allows you to hook into just about everything so you can search for whatever while walking, stop the walk mid walk and so on, and doesn't rely on ANY include.

tl;dr RSW is simply not SPS.
    Last edited by slacky; 09-04-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

@slacky;

So the difference is the image cross correlation + the number of cross correlations it does? Could you explain the limiting parameters thing? don't really understand that.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Id assume hes referring to the params taken into SPS when a map is setup. So that would (mainly) be the accuracy (size of the 'squares' the map is split into), coupled with the tolerance (per square), and finally the min match percent.

As for another difference, as slacky has mentioned in his post, RSWalker takes the best matching spot. SPS, on the other hand, takes the first spot (right to left, up to down, iirc) that fits the minimum requirements (min match percent), so if there were two similar areas, you could perhaps return a wrong spot simply because it encountered it first, rather than determining all possible spots and picking the best.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Id assume hes referring to the params taken into SPS when a map is setup. So that would (mainly) be the accuracy (size of the 'squares' the map is split into), coupled with the tolerance (per square), and finally the min match percent.

As for another difference, as slacky has mentioned in his post, RSWalker takes the best matching spot. SPS, on the other hand, takes the first spot (right to left, up to down, iirc) that fits the minimum requirements (min match percent), so if there were two similar areas, you could perhaps return a wrong spot simply because it encountered it first, rather than determining all possible spots and picking the best.
    So the difference is the way it finds the best match of the smaller map on the bigger map?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

So the difference is the way it finds the best match of the smaller map on the bigger map?
    ugh. They are different. I am done here.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    ugh. They are different. I am done here.
    I know they are different. Just thought the concept was the same. Don't get me wrong here. RSWalker is way better than SPS. I just thought the concept was the same, Apparently not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information