Thread: Project Tranceploration

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Default Project Tranceploration

2 years ago I worked in a group for a University sponsored competition for game development. Our group got 2nd of 11 places in the Judge-voted console games, and 1st place in overall popular vote of 24 games. This was the first game any of us (2 artists, 1 musician, and 4 programmers) had worked on, and we were fairly proud of our first attempt here. Everything you see was developed on the XNA platform for the Xbox or PC (it is officially compatible and tested on both) and we created every portion of the engine ourselves (actually that was a bad decision outside of the experience we gained from it).

We created a game inspired by Starfox, but heavily influenced by Trance music. In fact, every action that can be done in the game matches and adds onto the song you hear in the background - and we made it in such a way that you can't even tell that all your actions are matching the beat except due to the sound effects they are creating (ever so slight delays on actual gun-fire events to coincide with the sixteenth beat).

Thoughts?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV5agkRZcGU

P.S. The following year our University actually offered a couple courses on Game Development, and the projects for that year were solo. I took first place with the professor's favorite game that time. If there is desire, I can make and post a video of that?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Thread Information