Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RS3]Red Chins 375K+ Range/Def xp/hour at Abyss

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdf View Post
    For those like me, 85-99 in 3 days using this method. Can't be bothered getting Royal CBow/Buying Zaryte/Imp.
    3 days yes, But 4 days doing say waterfiends , and you would have a good 5mil summ xp + banked. Its more time/exp efficient to do waterfiends.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    3 days yes, But 4 days doing say waterfiends , and you would have a good 5mil summ xp + banked. Its more time/exp efficient to do waterfiends.
    I remember getting the charms for 99 summoning at waterfiends
    Ended up gaining 30m range xp just to get around 8m xp worth of charms :P

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Didn't expect this thread to recieve that many views so quickly :P

Anyways, this same chinning method can be replaced with blood barraging, giving an average of 700k magic/def xp per hour with full virtus, virtus wand and virtus book.

If you start this method now, be ready to expect the abyss to be packed in every world, crashers and heavy loss on blood, fire runes, and red Chinchompas.

None the less, enjoy that massive xp per hour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

I had 6-7k Red Chins in my bank doing nothing but taking up space ... so I thought I would give this a whirl (need 99 range anyway). I tested with void setup, fury, rune offhand, broad bolts, and ring of life ... so not the "best" setup. I also had Master Sharpshooter aura activated. I used extreme range potions and regular pray pots ... my 1st run I got eaten alive and had both soul split and drain melee activated ... learned I didnt need drain melee if I stood in the right place.

My 2nd run was 1 hour 9 minutes (had steel titan out just for the heck of it so exp would be slightly inflated) ... during that time I got -

Range Exp - 289,965 (252,143 exp/hour)
    Total Exp - 386,693 (336,254 exp/hour)

Still wicked exp rates and I am sure that aura helped a TON.

FANTASTIC guide!!! I wonder if using the superior pop armor is better or worse ... hmmmmmm ...

UPDATE - Sorry forgot to include this ... my 1st run I also collected some talismans and essence ... my 2nd run I did not ... elemental talisman is now worth about 8k (not 85k) and I figured with the time I spent picking talismans and pure essence off the floor my time was better spent watching anime and AFKing .
    Last edited by digitalninja; 09-05-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Update

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

New Proggy update ... this time I used Superior Death Lotus armor, no summon, and had aura activated. My 3rd run was 1 hour 4 minutes.

Range Exp - 249,812 (234,199 exp/hour)
    Total Exp - 332,139 (311,380 exp/hour)

Gotta say I am pretty disappointed that the best (no cost) armor in the game is not better than my void set up. I also wonder what would happen if I brought a range summon along for the trip.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Hey!
    Glad to know this method is still working/decent to this day when it was originally made and written by me in May
    And yeah the talismans crashed hard because of
    1) People who hoarded them before this method came out started dumping them onto the market
    2) People who decided to pick them up while using this method and selling

Best of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalninja View Post
    I had 6-7k Red Chins in my bank doing nothing but taking up space ... so I thought I would give this a whirl (need 99 range anyway). I tested with void setup, fury, rune offhand, broad bolts, and ring of life ... so not the "best" setup. I also had Master Sharpshooter aura activated. I used extreme range potions and regular pray pots ... my 1st run I got eaten alive and had both soul split and drain melee activated ... learned I didnt need drain melee if I stood in the right place.

My 2nd run was 1 hour 9 minutes (had steel titan out just for the heck of it so exp would be slightly inflated) ... during that time I got -

Range Exp - 289,965 (252,143 exp/hour)
    Total Exp - 386,693 (336,254 exp/hour)

Still wicked exp rates and I am sure that aura helped a TON.

FANTASTIC guide!!! I wonder if using the superior pop armor is better or worse ... hmmmmmm ...

UPDATE - Sorry forgot to include this ... my 1st run I also collected some talismans and essence ... my 2nd run I did not ... elemental talisman is now worth about 8k (not 85k) and I figured with the time I spent picking talismans and pure essence off the floor my time was better spent watching anime and AFKing .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Four View Post
    Hey!
    Glad to know this method is still working/decent to this day when it was originally made and written by me in May
    And yeah the talismans crashed hard because of
    1) People who hoarded them before this method came out started dumping them onto the market
    2) People who decided to pick them up while using this method and selling

Best of luck
    Hey Four ... just wanted to say thanks ... using this guide I got 99 range in just a day or two ... wicked exp and with Red Chins only costing 140 or so it was dirt cheap. That was my last combat 99 as well!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digitalninja View Post
    Hey Four ... just wanted to say thanks ... using this guide I got 99 range in just a day or two ... wicked exp and with Red Chins only costing 140 or so it was dirt cheap. That was my last combat 99 as well!
    Late congratulations
    Unfortunately I botted my ranging to 90 at the Ranging guild a while back because chins were expensive back then. (LOL, used all the archery tickets to buy rune arrows, sold them for massive profit)
    Then I started flipping and merching, had enough and then bought all red chins needed for 90-99, this was like 18-20 months ago, and red chins recently crashed from the chinese gold farmers, which brought them down to around 200-250 gp each.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

wow i had no idea it was this much exp an hour. i tried going there at like 70 ranged with chins i went through so much food / pots it wansnt worth it so i went to wfs till 94

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Not sure if this method is now obsolete, but yes, the cost and time for this method was a such little back then.
    But I'll be honest, it was a good 2-4 months until the method was 'leaked' or should I say shared, and that is what caused scripts to be created and crashers to join in
    Quote Originally Posted by skillers View Post
    wow i had no idea it was this much exp an hour. i tried going there at like 70 ranged with chins i went through so much food / pots it wansnt worth it so i went to wfs till 94

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

This still works, however I wish this was a script.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xSorrels View Post
    This still works, however I wish this was a script.

If the price of red chins at the time of writing was 80 gp, and the gp/hr loss was 80k ... you're going to be throwing over 600k gp per hour away using this method lol

There's 12,867,795 xp between levels 55 and 99, assuming you'll be using red chins the whole way, this method would take roughly 34 hours to achieve 99 at a constant 375k xp/hr

34 hours multiplied by a (conservative) 600k gp lost per hour = 20,400,000 gp lost in total
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 01-04-2015 at 08:20 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post

If the price of red chins at the time of writing was 80 gp, and the gp/hr loss was 80k ... you're going to be throwing over 600k gp per hour away using this method lol

There's 12,867,795 xp between levels 55 and 99, assuming you'll be using red chins the whole way, this method would take roughly 34 hours to achieve 99 at a constant 375k xp/hr

34 hours multiplied by a (conservative) 600k gp lost per hour = 20,400,000 gp lost in total

Someones a smarty pants. (:

Touche^

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Worth it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Well unless you're trying to be frugal, 20.4 Mil gp isn't that much
    Pretty cheap when compared to spending for other skills, plus you can come up with that amount by training other skills for resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by xSorrels View Post
    Someones a smarty pants. (:

Touche^

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

But if you're goldfarm is making 1.2m gp/hr, you still make a net profit of 600k/hr and therefore, free range XP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

20.4m for 99 range is really good! Considering you can make like 4m/hr at bandos that's only 5 hours lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

20m for 99 range really isn't that bad.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Prices have seriously changed all around the board haha

I remember botting at range guild before I had 70ish range. That was probably the longest amount of time it took, but the result of exchanging the archery tickets was sure worth it for the rune arrows.

I dont know what the prices are today, but Im sure the amount is much different than back then, and the Ranging Guild is probably empty now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Balance Bro View Post
    20.4m for 99 range is really good! Considering you can make like 4m/hr at bandos that's only 5 hours lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information