Thread: How safe is Botting OSRS atm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default How safe is Botting OSRS atm?

Hey everyone,
    I just wanted to make this post because its been on my mind lately. I wanted to know based on others opinions and experiences; How safe is botting in OSRS right now? Like obviously don't bot 24/7 or even 12+ hours a day, but for the people who maybe just do 6 hours alching while taking breaks and doing it legit for a little. Are tons of people being banned right now? And actually HOW GOOD is jagex doing right now at banning bots in OSRS. Personally, I feel as if its safe as can be if you do it responsibly. Anyways, I want to hear from others their opinions on the safety of botting in OSRS. Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Ive botted for 2 months now (old school rs)... sometimes leaving the bot running for a week without break. All i can say is, you can get banned in 2 ways- they can use a bot watch program to ban you or they manually ban you. Now i've read alot of botting forums on dif websites and ive rarely seen anyone banned from the bot watch system. Normally players get banned manually from mods 90% of the case (in my head anyway). From the people that have been banned- its been from botting in v popular places like range guild/ rock crabs/ experiments. If your planning to bot- it should b safe if you make sure ur in a world with 250 people or less on it... that you rarely see any players meet you (1 player per hr) and i would use anti ban and make sure every click you do is random because im guessing their bot watch detects repetitive things overs and over again.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

I botted Rune Sudoku for a week or two and never got banned, and that's a "High" ban spot

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Botting strength at a place where nobody is, using my own fighter. ~ 10-30 hours a week. Sometimes i dont bot for 1 week. Doing a lot of quests and playing 80% legit. Jagex wont catch me

But im stopping botting at 90 strength. Legit is also fun right?

Tbh i even dont like bots at all. I think they ruin the game and if botters get banned, its their own fault. I just dont have time to train all the time and i just like to script. Thats why im here at villavu (villavu is a place to learn right?)

Just make sure you wont get reported and be at a place where there are no "bot bustings" a script with some antiban would help too. If you bot like 3-4 hours a day with the 3 things i said above you probaly wont get banned.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

It depends on multiple things, like what bot & script you're using, how many players are around you while you bot, if someone reports you or a mod shows up, how many random events you complete or fail, and so on...

On most days I probably get in at least 10 or 12 hours of fishing only.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

IIM scared to bot I have been getting randoms sometimes 6 in an hour without even botting, i want to bot but idk should i continue or am I on a watch list? Any ideas what to bot something worth it that doesnt require any materials ahead of time?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

i do 8-12 hours a day 5+ days a week on 2 accounts i have using my own fighter in locations where there is no one else, and if anyone else comes along it plays noises and if they are there for a while or speak then it switches. i have had no problems yet and don't really foresee any

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Normally bot for about 3 - 6 hours per day. Avoid players, high ban locations, and play legit here an there. Been going a month solid and no issues yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I've played Oldschool legit for about 6 days, then i started botting. I bot all day long, everyday. Only times I don't bot is whenever I'm out of supply and have to get new ones, or when the skript messes up and loggs me out.
    I used Fightcave skripts, Woodcutting skripts, Smithing skripts, Agility skripts, Magic skripts, Mining skripts, Fishing skripts, Cooking skripts, Thiefing skripts,... i think i boted in almost every skill. I don't mix them up, and don't take breaks.
    I only bot on low pop German worlds where the friendslist is not working. Idk why, but I have the feeling that this might have saved me??

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Encase you didn't notice, ban rate did go up recently , currently most bans have been manual and its all temporary, no one got permed yet.
    So if your up for the risk, bot away and reach your goals before you get banned then quit while your ahead.

I play oldschool, all i really do is: barrows, bot & Pk. I botted twice for prolonged periods one time was 20 hours without breaks i think, the other is a recent: 24 hours with many breaks, two people got temp ban from using my curser script; but only after they used it for 40-100~ hours straight no breaks, i haven't gotten banned and dont think i will because i use breaks + play the game.

The way i see it your going to get that exp regardless, might as well do it at a slow and steady base which in turn helps you avoid detection.

Either way this game will be fade out in few months, went to check classic yesterday was surprised to see like 50 people on ~ when it was 100-300 at any time during 2011, and most of those 50 people were no where to be seen or just botting at mining guild, guess thats whats going to happen to 07 soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

I botted almost everything on a 99 str pure from lvl 3, starting in March without ban.
    and 42~-99 str I did in one continuous block, only break was for updates/power outage.
    If you can avoid looking like a bot to other players, and don't do stupid things like alching in PC bank, you'll be fine

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deni_mulic View Post
    I botted almost everything on a 99 str pure from lvl 3, starting in March without ban.
    and 42~-99 str I did in one continuous block, only break was for updates/power outage.
    If you can avoid looking like a bot to other players, and don't do stupid things like alching in PC bank, you'll be fine
    Where would you advise alching?
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    I wouldn't alch, but could it theoretically be possible inside the fight caves?
    Just trap an NPC behind the rock and alch away for 6 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Are there any bots out right now that work? I cannot get Simba to work with hoodz fighter at all.. I'm a beginner at using scripts and followed all the instructions on how to download it and still cannot get it to run.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TBond02 View Post
    Are there any bots out right now that work? I cannot get Simba to work with hoodz fighter at all.. I'm a beginner at using scripts and followed all the instructions on how to download it and still cannot get it to run.
    Are u having errors when u press play? Make a new thread here http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=519

I'll try and be of assistance

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

I've been botting around 10 hours a day for the past week to get the requirements for Desert Treasure, Lunar Diplomacy and Recipe for Disaster. I'm using my own scripts though if I have to bot for more than two hours. But I've had no problems at all.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    Ignore the fight caves, just alch inside your own POH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Using a java bot they seem to be banning woodcutters
    and fishers just a heads up
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YoHoJoSRL
    Good scripting guides on youtube
    Formerly known as (djcheater)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

To be safe I only use colour bots I find on here. I also babysit while on my iPad doing other stuff. I sometimes type in stuff about what I'm doing to trick bot watch. Don't bot for more than 3 hours and babysit, you should be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

I suggest to pay attention while botting check what your character do, because yesterday were wc'ing I had 3 randoms in around 15 mins after those 15 mins I didn't have randoms for 2 hours and in 2 mins randoms kept going to me like 10 randoms every 30 min...
    But I responded fast enough. It's bot watch tricks for sure =]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Well just bot where people extremely rarely go to- if u see no one in that spot for hours and hours- use it. Usually bans happen because a player staff notices u and bans u. Because simba doesn't solve many randoms yet means u have to baby sit or look at ur screen every 20-30 mins and never leave it on overnight until all randoms get mastered. If ur in a good spot and a random happens and kills u/ teleports u to lummy: ur exposed! Unless the script logs out if ur in a wierd location (fail safe) then that's fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

learning from this topic.

Thread Information