Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workout Blog

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Default Workout Blog

Another one of these
    Really decided to get in shape before University.
    So far, here's my routine:

Mondays:
    2 times
    {
    3 sets of 10 20lb curls each arm.
    3 sets of 10 lat pulldowns 45lb
    3 sets of 10 chest lift /w 50 pound bar
    15 minute rest, light walk on treadmill
    }

Wednesdays:
    3 sets of 10 barbell squats /w 30lb weights in each hand
    3 sets of 10 50lb calf raises
    3 sets of 10 50lb leg extensions
    30 minutes bike riding

Fridays:
    5, 7, 7, 5, 7+ weighted pushups, 60 seconds rest between
    3 sets of 10 decline dumbell flies
    3 sets of 10 20lb curls each arm.
    3 sets of 10 lat pulldowns 45lb

Mainly just working on arms atm, people said they're REALLY skinny ;c
    It's definetly been an improvement in the 3 weeks that i've gone to the gym, i've put a bit of muscle on my arms! Hoping to put more.

Pic (May 30th, 2013):

It's a huge improvement from a couple months ago lol, I was skinny like a bitch.

My long term goal is to get ab definition as well as lower my BF to atleast 20% (I'm at 140lb atm, about 30-35% is body fat)
    Idm negative comments, but try to keep them to a minimum. What i'm really looking for is a good routine for ab/chests.

I'll update this when I can!

Scroll down, i'm not a weakling - I swear.
    Last edited by Sin; 06-13-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Probably going to sound like a sheep, but Insanity's Cardio Abs/Insane Abs definitely work. You can seriously feel it when you're doing it, so I'd recommend something like that.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Is there a way to get it for free? :P

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Is there a way to get it for free? :P
    It would be against the rules for me to link you, however certain websites have certain things that you can download from them free of charge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

:O !!!

Umm...

The big 3...

Benchpress, Squats and deadlift..

You only have 2 of the big 3..

this will cause you to not get big, as fast.

P.S My fav exercise is the deadlift

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

I've never done deadlifts :x

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

The legs in the muscles are the biggest in the body.
    When you work them out.. your body will release more testosterone...

testosterone = muscles grow quicker, repair quicker, everythings better.

When I incorporated squats and deadlifts into my routine i noticed my chest n arm workouts getting bigger n stronger and i just felt.. stronger..

The thing about the deadlift is that you may be able to replace it with several exercises; SLDL for hammies, squats, (in higher volume than if you were to deadlift), for quads and lower back, rows and chins/lat pulldowns, (higher volume than if you were to deadlift), for the lats and traps, but there is no single exercise that can replace it.

I've never met a person that is seriously into working out that doesn't deadlift.
    Only those 'mirror' muscle guys with tiny legs and calves don't touch the legs...(nothing wrong with those guys, each to their own)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I use to suffer from back pain and always had a weak core / back.
    All of that is now cured.. thx to my core and lower back gaining a lot of strength.. ( I thank you deadlifts )
    Last edited by Peanuts; 05-31-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Awesome good luck with your goals, ill examine this closely later

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Did mainly arms today, arms are feeling burnt out :l
    Couldn't even put my backpack on..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Ive been doing dumbbells at the moment to try and build strength in my arms and sit up's to work on my chest area
    Iam Maad skinny

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

eat clean, lift heavy.

as already said, if you're new trying for gains, big body exercises are needed. they work more and help out with everything

also diet is really important! doesnt matter how hard you hit the gym if you're just eating crap, you need good healthy food, and lots of it if you're trying to put on mass

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Don't think you can have 35% BF at 140 lbs.. what's your height?
    Your arms don't look like 35% BF either.. but yeah everyone stores fat in a different place

I've been making good progress, I'm 209 lbs now @ 6'6
    This was from september to may
    182 lbs left, 209 lbs right

Eat a lot, go insane in the gym. Don't care what other people might think of the ugly faces you might make :P
    EDIT: Eating a lot might not be a good idea at 35% BF. I started at around 12% BF I think, around 15% now but added 22 lbs to my weight. Still stayed pretty lean thanks to my metabolism I guess. Good luck sin
    Last edited by J J; 05-31-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Good luck on this Sin Are you going to diet or take supplements during this?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Union View Post
    Good luck on this Sin Are you going to diet or take supplements during this?
    Nah, neither :P

E:

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    Don't think you can have 35% BF at 140 lbs.. what's your height?
    Your arms don't look like 35% BF either.. but yeah everyone stores fat in a different place

I've been making good progress, I'm 209 lbs now @ 6'6
    This was from september to may
    182 lbs left, 209 lbs right

Eat a lot, go insane in the gym. Don't care what other people might think of the ugly faces you might make :P
    EDIT: Eating a lot might not be a good idea at 35% BF. I started at around 12% BF I think, around 15% now but added 22 lbs to my weight. Still stayed pretty lean thanks to my metabolism I guess. Good luck sin
    Nice, your arms look ripped
    Im 140-150 (Haven't checked /w a proper scale)lbs, with a height of 6'.
    Most of my fat is stored in my stomach, though I don't look it with clothes on.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Good on you Sin for your fitness goals, I hope you achieve them. The only advice I can offer is nutritionally; I've been reading quite a lot about going Vegan/Raw food diet (only raw veggie and fruit)(maybe 15% of diet is cooked food), through this lifestyle change (hate the word "diet") your body will find its optimal weight. What really inspired me was Rich Roll's AMA on reddit the other week: Super inspirational guy

Recommended reading:
    Finding Ultra by Rich Roll
    God's Way To Ultimate Health

I find it incredibly satisfying to eat in a way that promotes health in regards to all parts of the human condition. (btw you can grab Finding Ultra from a Cole's Bookstore [CAD ])

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Lol JJ, you said 209 and I saw your picture and was like wtf...how is that 209, then I re-read 6'6. Holy crap you are tall, do you play any sports...cause I mean you should, you would probably be damn good!

@sin
    as stated in OP, you wanted a guide for chests/abs
    Here is one for abs:
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100290
    Here is one for chest:
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101031 (More of an advanced one though)

Here is what I do for my chest:
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    Incline Dumbbell Flys
    Cable Crossovers

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Lol JJ, you said 209 and I saw your picture and was like wtf...how is that 209, then I re-read 6'6. Holy crap you are tall, do you play any sports...cause I mean you should, you would probably be damn good!

@sin
    as stated in OP, you wanted a guide for chests/abs
    Here is one for abs:
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100290
    Here is one for chest:
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101031 (More of an advanced one though)

Here is what I do for my chest:
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    Incline Dumbbell Flys
    Cable Crossovers
    Yeah I used to play basketball until I got injured. My final exams were coming up and I didn't want to risk getting any more injuries so I just decided to stop. That was in January 2012. Since then I started to work out three times a week instead of once. So I replaced my basketball training days with gym days pretty much.

It wasn't until a few months ago that I have been starting to make significant progress. Probably due to my age now I can put on more muscle. I wasn't sure what to expect of university so I didn't start basketball again.. next school year I will be moving out and live on my own. I will be looking for a nice student sport to play. Perhaps basketball again but I was thinking maybe baseball or something.

--

How has the progress been Sin?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)

I try to run 3-4 miles a day, and do 50-60 curls with 40 pounds each arm, push ups, and situps. I figure that'll keep me in shape until our gym opens in a week or two.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

OH MY GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE I POSTED THIS LOL

Yeah I most definitely was NOT 30/35% bf, more like 20% lmfao.

45lb lat pulldown??? Wow I was weak af ;-; Managed to take it to 140lb in 1.5 years (didn't workout much in 2013 cuz of commitments).
    Bench press 50lb -> 135lb 3x3 still pretty weak, chest is definitely a hard gainer for me
    "3 sets of 10 barbell squats /w 30lb weights in each hand" wtf why did nobody call me out on this? "BARBELL SQUATS" with 30lb weights in each hand lmfaooo
    Anyways, squat's at 245lb 1rm, 195lb 5x4.

Started deadlifting, currently maxed out at 290lb 1rm, I really want to hit 300 by the end of July
    20lb curls -> 35lb curls, gotta get that sexy peak lmao

Shoulder gainz are unreal though, nearly all the girls I talk to have said (I don't specifically ask, I just say oh today's shoulder day) that I have broad shoulders.

Really want to get a thicker back. This has been my main focus as of now. Chest has been put on the back burner, but I really should hit it more often. Bulking + creatine has caused me to get mecs (moobs + pecs). I plan to be able to do 5 sets of 5 reps of wide grip pull ups by the end of the year. I can barely do 2 right now, and have only recently started working on it more.

Anyways, i'm sure alot of this is incoherent rambling, but hey this is a blog right?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    OH MY GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE I POSTED THIS LOL

Anyways, i'm sure alot of this is incoherent rambling, but hey this is a blog right?
    Good to look back, right?!

Not sure if you know the app Happening, but it has a module named 'Selfie time'. Everyone has to take a Selfie in the selected theme. A couple of weeks ago the theme was 'Sportfie' and I took a (pumped) bicep shot.

My new nickname has been The Bicep since then lmao.

Recently I have been focusing more on endurance and condition. When I started I really wanted to be a 'big' guy but due to my height and current mass people do already occasionally call me giant.
    Study association running pic: https://foto.batavierenrace.nl/2015/...55c62e116d.jpg
    I want to start rowing next school year (September).
    Last edited by J J; 06-06-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Not sure if you know the app Happening, but it has a module named 'Selfie time'. Everyone has to take a Selfie in the selected theme. A couple of weeks ago the theme was 'Sportfie' and I took a (pumped) bicep shot.

Recently I have been focusing more on endurance and condition. When I started I really wanted to be a 'big' guy but due to my height and current mass people do already occasionally call me giant.
    Study association running pic: https://foto.batavierenrace.nl/2015/...55c62e116d.jpg
    Solid muscle development all around by the looks of it!

I envy you :q

Started the gym last month.. its a real struggle. Working on the nutrition aspect of it now... the macros etc. Gonna try to eat a small surplus for 16 months and then see if I can cut down to a decent body fat level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Good luck with your goal!
    Highly recommended looking into HIIT for lowering bodyfat %, much more effective than regular cardio in my opinion.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Girl at the back 'mirin

Quote Originally Posted by R3LAX View Post
    Good luck with your goal!
    Highly recommended looking into HIIT for lowering bodyfat %, much more effective than regular cardio in my opinion.
    For sure man

Anyways, me and a few friends messed around with deadlifts today, and I did 3x3 275lb! We plan to test our maxes on Saturday and here are my projected values:

Squat: 245lb
    Deadlift: 315lb
    Bench: 150lb

I'm still struggling with getting my bench press up, any tips @. I suppose I should mention that I have VERY lanky arms, so I think that you'd be able to relate haha.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sin View Post
    girl at the back 'mirin

for sure man :d

anyways, me and a few friends messed around with deadlifts today, and i did 3x3 275lb! We plan to test our maxes on saturday and here are my projected values:

Squat: 245lb
    deadlift: 315lb
    bench: 150lb

i'm still struggling with getting my bench press up, any tips @. I suppose i should mention that i have very lanky arms, so i think that you'd be able to relate haha.
    @j j;
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information