Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    @Daniel; @Coh3n; @Hobbit; snippet section for reflection section
    I for one wouldn't have to make a tutorial to show a simple concept.
    Please do this

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Tis Done https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=672
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fitta View Post
    I for one wouldn't have to make a tutorial to show a simple concept.
    Please do this
    https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=672
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Some gripes:

"Whats new?" @ https://villavu.com/forum/forum.php needs an apostraphe:
    --->

"Old-School Scripts" @ https://villavu.com/forum/forum.php could have "Public" appended to the front of it to match the above heading:
    --->

"Only Members have access to this Section..." @ https://villavu.com/forum/forum.php could use some decapitalization.
    --->

Two minor fixes for the Jr. Member forum sections @ https://villavu.com/forum/forum.php (no ban 4 leak pls):
    --->

"SRL Resource Library" and "SRL Old School Runescape" could distinguish themselves a bit better:
    --->

Reflection's forum header could be a litter nicer (in the vein of the above request):
    --->

(Also, possibly move Reflection above Simba's section and decapitalize the "D" in "Development" of Simba's section)

"S.M.A.R.T." ---> "SMART"

Don't think this one needs a picture the periods are ugly imo and since everyone says "SMART" anyway, why not?

"Unofficial Development" section: change "openGL" to "OpenGL"

Again no picture needed, it's right below SMART's section

Note to self: stopped just short of "SRL Public" section

This is all really nit-picky stuff but just annoys me because I'm OCD

If you guys want more, I'll do the rest of the page
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Please update the mobile version. Its very hard for me to read text on my ip.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Wow @KeepBotting, that looks so neat.
    Last edited by iEatApplez; 03-23-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    Previously known as; Annonymus.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Annonymus View Post
    Wow @KeepBotting, that looks so neat.
    The power of inspect element my friend thanks
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Hey guys! I'm a newbie to the site, and to coding bots, and coding in general to be honest. I just wanted to submit something that would greatly help out new people. AS is the forums are quite, messy. You have no clue where to start other than downloading it. There should be a thread, or guide, or even directory that has the best order to learn stuff. As is you search the forums for what you want to do, for certain things. Like there's a DTM thread here, a Colors thread there, a different thread for everything, and nothing links any of them.

My suggestion is to create a forum, or a directory that will have everything from downloading and setting up Simba, to creating a function or procedure, to actually having a script complete an action. Create a thread that teaches you how to go from the beginning to the end. The forums are excellent if you know a little bit about coding SRL but if your absolutely new like myself, you know to look at the downloading guide first, and then the very basics thread. From there you have no idea what to look at, for, in what order, or anything.

I personally havn't been able to learn Simba due to this.. theres no direction in the forum, and a directory showing what order you should learn what in, would be amazing. For now, I've read over the basic guides, and then just random stuff. Theres no linkage, which I would love to see. I know it would help me a ton, and I think it would really help the entire community.

~~~~~Thanks for reading

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Positive feedback (no gripes, sorry!): Thank you thank you thank you **thank you** for keeping all of the old scripts/posts that were made. SCAR/Runescape Scripting in general got me into programming, and now that I'm a full-time code monkey/"Software Engineer", coming back and seeing my work/posts from ~6 years ago has been a huge nostalgia trip for me.

Thank you again

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FunoftheGame View Post
    Hey guys! I'm a newbie to the site, and to coding bots, and coding in general to be honest. I just wanted to submit something that would greatly help out new people. AS is the forums are quite, messy. You have no clue where to start other than downloading it. There should be a thread, or guide, or even directory that has the best order to learn stuff. As is you search the forums for what you want to do, for certain things. Like there's a DTM thread here, a Colors thread there, a different thread for everything, and nothing links any of them.

My suggestion is to create a forum, or a directory that will have everything from downloading and setting up Simba, to creating a function or procedure, to actually having a script complete an action. Create a thread that teaches you how to go from the beginning to the end. The forums are excellent if you know a little bit about coding SRL but if your absolutely new like myself, you know to look at the downloading guide first, and then the very basics thread. From there you have no idea what to look at, for, in what order, or anything.

I personally havn't been able to learn Simba due to this.. theres no direction in the forum, and a directory showing what order you should learn what in, would be amazing. For now, I've read over the basic guides, and then just random stuff. Theres no linkage, which I would love to see. I know it would help me a ton, and I think it would really help the entire community.

~~~~~Thanks for reading
    While I love that you took the time to write that post, I really don't understand why you can't find anything. If you're after RS3 stuff, then there's literally a whole section of the forum dedicated it to it with multiple tutorials and stuff that will help you to learn how to script. In fact, there's a directory in the exact forum where you'd find those tutorials you read (which are excellent tutorials, btw) which can also be found in the red link in my signature.

If you're talking about 07, then things are indeed more difficult, but not impossible to find.

Quote Originally Posted by makro_ftw View Post
    Positive feedback (no gripes, sorry!): Thank you thank you thank you **thank you** for keeping all of the old scripts/posts that were made. SCAR/Runescape Scripting in general got me into programming, and now that I'm a full-time code monkey/"Software Engineer", coming back and seeing my work/posts from ~6 years ago has been a huge nostalgia trip for me.

Thank you again
    Do you not have access to your old account? PM @Justin, I'm sure you could get it back.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    While I love that you took the time to write that post, I really don't understand why you can't find anything. If you're after RS3 stuff, then there's literally a whole section of the forum dedicated it to it with multiple tutorials and stuff that will help you to learn how to script. In fact, there's a directory in the exact forum where you'd find those tutorials you read (which are excellent tutorials, btw) which can also be found in the red link in my signature.

If you're talking about 07, then things are indeed more difficult, but not impossible to find.

Do you not have access to your old account? PM @Justin, I'm sure you could get it back.

I'm after 07, and yes it is possible, but for a complete newbie like myself I don't even know what to look for what or where or anything.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

I'm after 07, and yes it is possible, but for a complete newbie like myself I don't even know what to look for what or where or anything.
    https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=492

Go nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

It would be nice to have more competitions among members in the forum, perhaps a competition thread etc, with weekly or daily prizes, challenging each other with scripting, or accomplishing an agreed task I'm new here, haven't been here long, but it's nice to see an active community, and I hope to become a SRL member one day, still learning :P

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickhunley View Post
    It would be nice to have more competitions among members in the forum, perhaps a competition thread etc, with weekly or daily prizes, challenging each other with scripting, or accomplishing an agreed task I'm new here, haven't been here long, but it's nice to see an active community, and I hope to become a SRL member one day, still learning :P
    Welcome here!

Just to let you know, we do have a competition section where competitions have happened, and I believe that there is one being judged right now. You can find it under the 'SRL Public' tab on the main page of the forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I've been there. But each thing only teaches you random tidbits. I mean a real tutorial. Not 3 million random tutorials for every different thing. A tutorial that teaches the proper syntax, functions, procedures. Then goes into how to call it, and then goes into actually creating a script. Then a working script. Then an efficient script etc etc etc. Rather than a guide on how to cut 1 tree and drop it. Then a different guide how to take 3 steps and stop, etc etc.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

I've been there. But each thing only teaches you random tidbits. I mean a real tutorial. Not 3 million random tutorials for every different thing. A tutorial that teaches the proper syntax, functions, procedures. Then goes into how to call it, and then goes into actually creating a script. Then a working script. Then an efficient script etc etc etc. Rather than a guide on how to cut 1 tree and drop it. Then a different guide how to take 3 steps and stop, etc etc.
    I think I see what your problem is now. It's hard at first to see "3 million random tutorials" and no where to begin, but that's because you're looking for a single tutorial that teaches you literally everything. Such a thing already exists for RS3 (The Mayor's Simplistic and AIO tutorials), but for 07 you need to piece them together yourself. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that you could learn how to script with the guides in that forum, you just need to piece what you learn from each tutorial together. There is a tutorial that teaches you proper syntax, functions, procedures, and how to call them. There is another that teaches you to create a script (which works). You can apply that knowledge to create an efficient script, and look at the RS3 scripting tutorials for anything missing because it's literally the same thing but for a different version of the game.

Scripting in 07 and RS3 only differ because of the includes available, but it's still done in the same way. If you want to use the bank, you need to find it, open it, and deposit/withdraw. This is the same in 07 and RS3, but the way you do it is slightly different in each.

Alternatively, learn how to script for RS3 with The Mayor's tutorials first, then take that knowledge and apply it to 07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I think I see what your problem is now. It's hard at first to see "3 million random tutorials" and no where to begin, but that's because you're looking for a single tutorial that teaches you literally everything. Such a thing already exists for RS3 (The Mayor's Simplistic and AIO tutorials), but for 07 you need to piece them together yourself. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that you could learn how to script with the guides in that forum, you just need to piece what you learn from each tutorial together. There is a tutorial that teaches you proper syntax, functions, procedures, and how to call them. There is another that teaches you to create a script (which works). You can apply that knowledge to create an efficient script, and look at the RS3 scripting tutorials for anything missing because it's literally the same thing but for a different version of the game.

Scripting in 07 and RS3 only differ because of the includes available, but it's still done in the same way. If you want to use the bank, you need to find it, open it, and deposit/withdraw. This is the same in 07 and RS3, but the way you do it is slightly different in each.

Alternatively, learn how to script for RS3 with The Mayor's tutorials first, then take that knowledge and apply it to 07.
    Ok, I have 1 more question. Can I code regular SRL scripts and run them though I have AL installed?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Ok, I have 1 more question. Can I code regular SRL scripts and run them though I have AL installed?
    No, the AeroLib include is different to the SRL-OSR include so has different procedures and functions. There's no tutorial for it afaik, but you can learn to script with it after learning with other tutorials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

i have a 'reputation comment' in my notifications and when i click it, it brings me to some tab in my inbox with nothing in it. how do i make the notification go away?

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Some gripes:

"Whats new?" @ https://villavu.com/forum/forum.php needs an apostraphe:
    --->

"Old-School Scripts" @ https://villavu.com/forum/forum.php could have "Public" appended to the front of it to match the above heading:
    --->

"Only Members have access to this Section..." @ https://villavu.com/forum/forum.php could use some decapitalization.
    --->

Two minor fixes for the Jr. Member forum sections @ https://villavu.com/forum/forum.php (no ban 4 leak pls):
    --->

"SRL Resource Library" and "SRL Old School Runescape" could distinguish themselves a bit better:
    --->

Reflection's forum header could be a litter nicer (in the vein of the above request):
    --->

(Also, possibly move Reflection above Simba's section and decapitalize the "D" in "Development" of Simba's section)

"S.M.A.R.T." ---> "SMART"

Don't think this one needs a picture the periods are ugly imo and since everyone says "SMART" anyway, why not?

"Unofficial Development" section: change "openGL" to "OpenGL"

Again no picture needed, it's right below SMART's section

Note to self: stopped just short of "SRL Public" section

This is all really nit-picky stuff but just annoys me because I'm OCD

If you guys want more, I'll do the rest of the page
    I think I got most of them (I've left the ones I don't have access to)

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Well I have a small issue. I tried to donate to the forum and it never went through. I pressed donate at the top of the screen, selected the amount of $10 and then proceeded to my paypal where I logged in and confirmed everything. Nothing happened immediately so I just thought it was going to take some time. Two weeks went by and still nothing had happened. No money was ever actually taken out of my account but I wasn't sure why the donation hadn't gone through. Any reason why this could have happened?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally, I find the simplicity of the site to be great. Those who over do it in the design of their web forums end up making it clustered and quite annoying to navigate. With that being said, any items that do change the current layout should probably be toggled on and off through setting if desired.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

My suggestion:

move most recent posted threads at the top of the page instead of bottom so that we won't have to scroll down all the way down

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    My suggestion:

move most recent posted threads at the top of the page instead of bottom so that we won't have to scroll down all the way down

Click on either of these two at the top.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post

Click on either of these two at the top.
    mind.. blown thanks! never bothered to look at those little buttons lol

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information