Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

@Daniel They both do the same minigame in the ranging guild to train ranging.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Good work Daniel thanks a lot!

edit: i would love to see the srl member app area without scripts just comments or at least bits of it but thats never gona happen

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    I actually really would like to see top post quotes we already have top posters and reps why not post quotes?
    Because then they would get farmed in NOTA like they currently are.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

I'd love to see the script categories merged, mining & smithing, etc.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Script category merging of Slayer and combat would shove me into no longer being the only script in my section! Egads, no longer special!

But in all seriousness, that should probably happen - however I think it should coincide with another update:
    The ability to sort threads by topic or (in this new case) skill. Sorting by date is useful in many cases - but what happens we combine stuff like mining and smithing, but I really only care about the 4 smithing scripts and not the 20 mining scripts in the way? (A little bit of an exaggeration on quantity, but nonetheless, the point is there).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

How about favorites? Or a quick access your subscribed threads. Like a drop down menu from the top and all you gotta do is click on the drop down menu and the recently favorites threads would show up there. IMO its better then subscribing to threads because with the subscribe stuff, you have to go to a different page and wait to load it up. Or you could just add the drop down menu.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samerdl View Post
    Good work Daniel thanks a lot!

edit: i would love to see the srl member app area without scripts just comments or at least bits of it but thats never gona happen
    Do you mean the applications people make to become a Member?
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Do you mean the applications people make to become a Member?
    Yeah, i dont mean to see the scripts that they post, perhaps just something to clear up what happens once a user posts a member app, am sure a lot of people would love to see that or at least bits of it, maybe like declined app

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

We should just get rid of All Non-guide and Non-active threads that are over 2 years old. I constantly see threads that are 2+ years old (today a 5 year old one) being gravedug by either spam bots or new users. Forums needs a good cleanup of old threads and scripts badly :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    We should just get rid of All Non-guide and Non-active threads that are over 2 years old. I constantly see threads that are 2+ years old (today a 5 year old one) being gravedug by either spam bots or new users. Forums needs a good cleanup of old threads and scripts badly :/
    NOT OLD SCRIPTS!! I BEG!!
    I love to download old scripts and try to make them work again.. it's a fun little challenge for me ;p ..

Anwyays, to my suggestion..

I always use the new post button..

Before i click something, i read the title and the category..

It's really annoying how categories for OS and EOC are the same..

Because i don't play OS..

The first few times i didn't notice for a while but now im always looking to see if once i click on the thread it will go to..

ForumSRL > PublicRunescape > Scripts > Combat/Fighting Scripts

Or

ForumSRL > Public > Old School Runescape > Old School Scripts > Combat/Fighting Scripts

I hope this makes sense..

Also does it for script requests etc.. anything with the same name as the eoc version.
    Last edited by Peanuts; 06-04-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
    NOT OLD SCRIPTS!! I BEG!!
    I love to download old scripts and try to make them work again.. it's a fun little challenge for me ;p ..

Anwyays, to my suggestion..

I always use the new post button..

Before i click something, i read the title and the category..

It's really annoying how categories for OS and EOC are the same..

Because i don't play OS..

The first few times i didn't notice for a while but now im always looking to see if once i click on the thread it will go to..

Or

ForumSRL > Public > Old School Runescape > Old School Scripts > Combat/Fighting Scripts

Also does it for script requests etc.. anything with the same name as the eoc version.
    Yeah not the old scripts, They just go to the Outdated/Broken section. But there is still alot of broken scripts that are NOT in the outdated/Broken and should be. Or like random pointless posts/threads that are 2 years old, should really be moved to atleast an archive folder.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Yeah not the old scripts, They just go to the Outdated/Broken section. But there is still alot of broken scripts that are NOT in the outdated/Broken and should be. Or like random pointless posts/threads that are 2 years old, should really be moved to atleast an archive folder.
    This.

@Daniel

I would be willing to put together a list of outdated scripts for you to move into the outdated section

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The ability to sort threads by topic or (in this new case) skill. Sorting by date is useful in many cases - but what happens we combine stuff like mining and smithing, but I really only care about the 4 smithing scripts and not the 20 mining scripts in the way? (A little bit of an exaggeration on quantity, but nonetheless, the point is there).
    The tags system is still present in the categories, so you can still sort by the type of script if necessary (however, it would be [like it always has been] still up to the user to appropriately tag their thread when creating it).

Quote Originally Posted by StickToTheScript View Post
    How about favorites? Or a quick access your subscribed threads. Like a drop down menu from the top and all you gotta do is click on the drop down menu and the recently favorites threads would show up there. IMO its better then subscribing to threads because with the subscribe stuff, you have to go to a different page and wait to load it up. Or you could just add the drop down menu.
    This would probably require a third-party plugin to implement, and thus Hobbit/Wizzup?'s domain.

Yeah, i dont mean to see the scripts that they post, perhaps just something to clear up what happens once a user posts a member app, am sure a lot of people would love to see that or at least bits of it, maybe like declined app
    I have no idea what you mean, sorry :-/ Do you mean a notification if your application fails?

There is nothing wrong with bumping old-threads, as long as they are still on topic and relevant (and in these forums, most things remain relevant [e.g. Simba errors]).

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post

Or

I really don't know how to fix this, without [pre/app]ending text to every single forum in OSRS. Would you like me to do that (would also see what other users think, too).

But there is still alot of broken scripts that are NOT in the outdated/Broken and should be. Or like random pointless posts/threads that are 2 years old, should really be moved to atleast an archive folder.
    ... and ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    I would be willing to put together a list of outdated scripts for you to move into the outdated section
    Yes, please do! Both of you! There is a "Report Scripts" sub-forum at the top of each scripts section specifically designed for this purpose.

Regards,
    ~ Daniel.
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Also, as everybody here unanimously agrees with merging certain script subforums, I'll go ahead and do that this afternoon

So:
    • Mining & Smithing
    • Woodcutting & Firemaking
    • Fishing & Cooking
    • Move Slayer into Combat

Am I missing anything else?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Also, as everybody here unanimously agrees with merging certain script subforums, I'll go ahead and do that this afternoon

So:
    • Mining & Smithing
    • Woodcutting & Firemaking
    • Fishing & Cooking
    • Move Slayer into Combat

Am I missing anything else?
    Should fletching slide into woodcutting and firemaking? It's as much a part of woodcutting as firemaking is, I would imagine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Should fletching slide into woodcutting and firemaking? It's as much a part of woodcutting as firemaking is, I would imagine.
    I don't know. I haven't played the game in years, and even then, I was never a member (so no fletching)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Why not make the forums automatically put threads w/o answers since 4/5 months in an "archived" section where threads are closed ?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Would be nice if we could align [CODE] or [REPORT] boxes to center.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

But with fletching you can do much more than just bows... For example arrows and bolts.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSnob View Post
    ETA's don't exist in SRL like they did in other communities. Want a faster update? Help out with updating, otherwise just gotta wait it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Edit: sorry, thought i had the fix for shatters 'centre' thing..
    .. nope. lol

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

@Daniel
    What i mean is when we try to view the SRL member application area (where people post their apps) we can't, we have no access. Am not asking we get access to view the topics - but access to see the topics overview, like view sections and not topic contents.

Example: Viewing Official Business Section > can see all the topic titles with the author, but on the right last reply is hidden and if i was to click on a topic i would get access violation. Just something small..

Basically view Member application Section (where people apply for SRL) for guests but no ability to view the topic contents/last reply, just a forum overview.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Basically view Member application Section (where people apply for SRL) for guests but no ability to view the topic contents/last reply, just a forum overview.
    Umm.. why? :S

You can already view your application, and AFAIK, you can still view the forum (but your application is the only visible one there).

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

C'mon guys!! I don't know what to do!! :-/

And once I merge a forum, I am not going to unmerge it. As that would have to be done manually, and would be a complete PITA to individually move every single Y-script from the X forum to the Y forum

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    C'mon guys!! I don't know what to do!! :-/

And once I merge a forum, I am not going to unmerge it. As that would have to be done manually, and would be a complete PITA to individually move every single Y-script from the X forum to the Y forum
    Just keep yelling to get srl stats fixed

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

One thing that bugs me is the page numbering. Not sure if it's just mines but it's not all aligned properly:

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information