Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revenge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    What do you mean by "issues"? Because shooting them seems like a little bit of an overreaction
    I used to live in the country, the farmer behind us shot the dogs if they bugged the cattle, IDK why

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Installing a sprinkler system and rig it up to a motion-sensor and the next time that happens they both get a shower.
    I've seen that done with cats

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Moved to the BBQ Pit.
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Why punish the animal for something the owner is telling it to do? Ask her to stop or pursue legal action in small claims court. No reason to hurt the dog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

What do you mean by "issues"? Because shooting them seems like a little bit of an overreaction
    They have attacked the animals and made them run through the fence at which point the animals move onto others properties at which point it became our fault that their property was damaged because of our loose livestock. So now we don't take that chance anymore, I must add, we have a dog and she is perfectly fine with the livestock, so its just that other peoples animals are either too aggressive or have not been around the livestock enough to note bother it.

If I lived in a city and livestock was not an issue, then I would probably just ask the neighbor to make their dog shit in their own lawn or I would report the issue to the local shelter.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    They have attacked the animals and made them run through the fence at which point the animals move onto others properties at which point it became our fault that their property was damaged because of our loose livestock. So now we don't take that chance anymore, I must add, we have a dog and she is perfectly fine with the livestock, so its just that other peoples animals are either too aggressive or have not been around the livestock enough to note bother it.

If I lived in a city and livestock was not an issue, then I would probably just ask the neighbor to make their dog shit in their own lawn or I would report the issue to the local shelter.
    Try putting a fence around the cows, that way animals don't get in.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Try putting a fence around the cows, that way animals don't get in.
    "They have attacked the animals and made them run through the fence[.]"

Many animals can get around, over, or through fences like that. Especially a hungry wolf/coyote/dog. Cows stay in due to their nature, but when scared, you're not building anything that'll hold them in.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    "They have attacked the animals and made them run through the fence[.]"

Many animals can get around, over, or through fences like that. Especially a hungry wolf/coyote/dog. Cows stay in due to their nature, but when scared, you're not building anything that'll hold them in.
    Depends on what fence you build I guess. If you build one with large holes in it or is waist high then yeah, stuff will go in.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Depends on what fence you build I guess. If you build one with large holes in it or is waist high then yeah, stuff will go in.
    Have you seen how high canines can jump? They can clear a 6 foot fence. Make it 10 feet tall and make it a wire fence? They can just dig underneath it. It really doesn't matter how hard you try to stop one of them if they want it bad enough.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Have you seen how high canines can jump? They can clear a 6 foot fence. Make it 10 feet tall and make it a wire fence? They can just dig underneath it. It really doesn't matter how hard you try to stop one of them if they want it bad enough.
    I guess I underestimated how motivated they were to be next to cows.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

take a dump in her yard
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Installing a sprinkler system and rig it up to a motion-sensor and the next time that happens they both get a shower.
    I like this suggestion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
    My neighbor lets her dog take dumps in my yard and I find that very rude especially when she has a perfectly good yard for herself. I don't feel like knocking on her door and asking her to stop. So what is the evilest thing I could possibly do to seek revenge
    My friend suggested put a mouse trap in my yard with a dog treat in it.
    id go take a dump in her yard oops someone already said it, oh well
    Last edited by chief herb; 06-07-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: facepalm real quick
    >:)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

He needs to put an obsidian wall up, maybe cage them in with the obsidian nothing will penetrate.

Or put a bunch of citrus rinds on your lawn, dogs generally hate the smell of citrus fruits (not sure why)
    orrr take like oil and put it in a spray can, spray your lawn... dogs and cats for some reason hate this smell too (do it once weekly, lets hope there are no fires though..)
    Deer be gone spray? Not sure if it works on dogs.
    orrr pesticide, it will probably kill the dog (I wouldn't recommend this)

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    He needs to put an obsidian wall up, maybe cage them in with the obsidian nothing will penetrate.

Or put a bunch of citrus rinds on your lawn, dogs generally hate the smell of citrus fruits (not sure why)
    orrr take like oil and put it in a spray can, spray your lawn... dogs and cats for some reason hate this smell too (do it once weekly, lets hope there are no fires though..)
    Deer be gone spray? Not sure if it works on dogs.
    orrr pesticide, it will probably kill the dog (I wouldn't recommend this)
    lol oil in a spray can all it will do is kill you grass.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Perfect Idea here... Pick it up, must be barehanded for this to work. Walk to her door with said poop in had and ring the doorbell/knock. Once she answers, kindly return her poop. Something like "I noticed your dog left this in my yard and i just thought i would return it in case you were looking for it."
    Thats what i would do.

Also... theres something you can mix up... i think its mainly vinegar or something and you can just spray along the edge of your lawn and dogs completely hate it. You can buy stuff, but imo, the natural stuff usually works better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information