Thread: Dire Need Of Help

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Default Dire Need Of Help

Well Since recently ive been noticing that ive lost alot of weight.
    lets say last time a stepped on the scales it said 9.5 Stone and height is 5.9, that converts into 60kgs I was shocked and ashamed at the same time . I am 16 and i need a good workout for my Heigth/build. My Problem areas are my arms And Chest Although ive been doing pull ups and situps But there Just Not working for me. Can Anybody Help me out there Please?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Make sure you're eating a good quantity of healthy food, if you're not eating very much you won't gain weight even if you exercise

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Eat chicken. Workout. Drink protein shake. Eat egg. Workout. Eat chicken. Eat granola bar. Workout.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

If you are a naturally skinny person the only way you will ever gain weight is from recovery.

AKA it doesn't matter how hard you work out... If you aren't sleeping enough and eating enough you won't gain weight.

Seriously, being a skinny guy myself..... After years of working out n stuff..
    It all comes down to eating enough.

I highly suggest calorie counting until you start to understand how much food you should be eating per day during a gaining phase, there are also some cool calorie counting apps for smartphones.

You're prob eating 1-2000 calories a day... Should be hitting 2-4000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

9.5 stone . thats not bad well . probably is .. im 20 .. i currently way 8.23 stone .. normal hight .. not ood .
    but dont worry to much no matter how much i eat i just dont seem to put anything on ... ??? weird

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sm0k3 View Post
    9.5 stone . thats not bad well . probably is .. im 20 .. i currently way 8.23 stone .. normal hight .. not ood .
    but dont worry to much no matter how much i eat i just dont seem to put anything on ... ??? weird
    Man iam in the same situation as you i eat allll the time i just dont seem to put on weight its wierd lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
    If you are a naturally skinny person the only way you will ever gain weight is from recovery.

AKA it doesn't matter how hard you work out... If you aren't sleeping enough and eating enough you won't gain weight.

Seriously, being a skinny guy myself..... After years of working out n stuff..
    It all comes down to eating enough.

I highly suggest calorie counting until you start to understand how much food you should be eating per day during a gaining phase, there are also some cool calorie counting apps for smartphones.

You're prob eating 1-2000 calories a day... Should be hitting 2-4000...
    So i should be eating Alot Of Healthy food Such as vegetables and stuffs before i should even start to Stick to a routine of workout. The funny thing is that i eat all the time i just dont put on weight lol have to start eating more then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Eggs, milk and wheat (bread) and dont eat before you go to sleep, food gets converted to fat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happy hippo View Post
    So i should be eating Alot Of Healthy food Such as vegetables and stuffs before i should even start to Stick to a routine of workout. The funny thing is that i eat all the time i just dont put on weight lol have to start eating more then.
    There are really good articles by this guy called james defranco.. "West side for skinny bastards" There are like 3 parts now, but all the exercies in that is all you need.. The workout doesn't take toooooo long and yeah.... You could even altar it do workout at home if you don't do gyms... A couple of dumb bells you should be doing the majority of it..

But umm yeah man.. rice, pastas, breads, Oats, MILK, eggs, meat.... (If you haven't eaten much for the day a cheat meal is okay too, AKA takeaway, pizza, just don't over do it.)
    Also protein shakes.. I took 2 a day for about 6 months.. Until my appetite got bigger...
    (MASS BULK) Shakes though.. Don't get any of the 99% fat free ones..

OH YEAH. P.S~!!~
    When you workout a muscle the muscle tears and rips.. then it heals and becomes bigger n stronger.. When you break the muscles.. You release testosterone.. N this helps your body get bigger n stronger...

Now... The biggest muscles in your body are in your legs.. I spent years working out and not getting many gains.. Or gaining a bit.. Until the day i started incorporating leg workouts into my routine. Your body will release so much testosterone which in turn will help all the other muscles.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
    There are really good articles by this guy called james defranco.. "West side for skinny bastards" There are like 3 parts now, but all the exercies in that is all you need.. The workout doesn't take toooooo long and yeah.... You could even altar it do workout at home if you don't do gyms... A couple of dumb bells you should be doing the majority of it..

But umm yeah man.. rice, pastas, breads, Oats, MILK, eggs, meat.... (If you haven't eaten much for the day a cheat meal is okay too, AKA takeaway, pizza, just don't over do it.)
    Also protein shakes.. I took 2 a day for about 6 months.. Until my appetite got bigger...
    (MASS BULK) Shakes though.. Don't get any of the 99% fat free ones..

OH YEAH. P.S~!!~
    When you workout a muscle the muscle tears and rips.. then it heals and becomes bigger n stronger.. When you break the muscles.. You release testosterone.. N this helps your body get bigger n stronger...

Now... The biggest muscles in your body are in your legs.. I spent years working out and not getting many gains.. Or gaining a bit.. Until the day i started incorporating leg workouts into my routine. Your body will release so much testosterone which in turn will help all the other muscles.
    Lol westeside for skinny bastards seems like the perfect workout for me i noticed that ive been doing weighted dips that helps to build up the triceps and chest and i have actually noticed and improvement Since my arms are hanging together,Thatnk for telling me of this workout You help alot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

I went from 195-145 lbs in a matter of a couple months when I moved out of my parents home. When it comes to eating I was pretty lazy and would sometimes just forget to do so for a day or two. Being a new and lazy vegan I didn't really explore my choices when it came eating and getting all my nutrients.

I've recently redone my diet completely and made sure I started including all the nutrients I need. I've been feeling great and put on some weight over the past 6 months or so. Just do some research and do find what makes you FEEL GOOD. Feeling good should be the goal, not a specific weight or body type.

Good luck!

Thread Information