Thread: Pork-laced bullets designed to send Muslims straight ‘to hell’

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Default Pork-laced bullets designed to send Muslims straight ‘to hell’

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...25d_story.html

SPOKANE, Wash. — Still angry about the idea of an Islamic cultural center opening near Ground Zero, a group of Idaho gun enthusiasts decided to fight back with a new line of pork-laced bullets.

South Fork Industries, based in Dalton Gardens, Idaho, claims its ammunition, called Jihawg Ammo, is a “defensive deterrent to those who violently act in the name of Islam.”

The bullets are coated in pork-infused paint, which the company states makes the ammo “haram,” or unclean, and therefore will keep a Muslim who’s shot with one of the bullets from entering paradise.

“With Jihawg Ammo, you don’t just kill an Islamist terrorist, you also send him to hell. That should give would-be martyrs something to think about before they launch an attack. If it ever becomes necessary to defend yourself and those around you our ammo works on two levels,” the company said in a press release earlier this month.

The company’s website bills the bullets as “Peace Through Pork” and a “peaceful and natural deterrent to radical Islam.” There’s a related line of apparel that feature slogans like “Put Some Ham in MoHAMed” and a target poster that says “Give Em a Spankin with some Bacon.”

“The nullifying principle of our product is only effective if you are attacked by an Islamist in Jihad,” the company’s website says. “Otherwise, our ammo functions just like any other ammunition, so we obviously insist upon defensive use of our ammo only-not offensive.”

Company officials declined requests to comment.

However, Shannon Dunn, assistant professor of religious studies at Gonzaga University, said South Fork’s concept is based on an inaccurate understanding of the Quran.

“There is no penalty for coming into contact with pork given by the Quran,” she said, pointing to verses that prohibit the consumption of pork and carrion that are reminiscent of Jewish dietary laws outlined in Leviticus.

“To my knowledge, Muslims, especially unknowingly, would not be banned from heaven for eating or getting hit by pork,” she said. “There are some interpreters who suggest that Muslims should eat pork rather than starve, if faced with that alternative.”

Nevertheless, the ammo has plenty of supporters, with more than 4,300 people liking it on Facebook. One fan, Ted of California, said he planned to buy 500 rounds. Another, Jeffrey, said he hoped someone would smuggle the bullets into U.S. military troops.
    Just wow... This is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Leave it to Americans to do this -.-

"Straight to hell" That's like killing someone for a Christian..oh wait..

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Stupid idea is stupid. I'm not muslim but I'm fairly certain that won't even work. Just a money maker: "said he planned to buy 500 rounds".. Imagine a bunch of Americans doing the same.. Americans already shit themselves at the sound of the word "terrorist". Marketing these bullets as "Anti-terrorist" is going to make millions.

However, not to sound radical or anything, I think a reaction to these bullets would be to just blow up the company. LOL.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Stupid idea is stupid. I'm not muslim but I'm fairly certain that won't even work. Just a money maker: "said he planned to buy 500 rounds".. Imagine a bunch of Americans doing the same.. Americans already shit themselves at the sound of the word "terrorist". Marketing these bullets as "Anti-terrorist" is going to make millions.

However, not to sound radical or anything, I think a reaction to these bullets would be to just blow up the company. LOL.

This is the reason that most people think gun owners are stupid rednecks. People that make stuff like this make us literate responsible gun owners look bad. BTW don't they have to eat the pork?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

That could possibly work Because most of the terrorist are hardcore pro Islamism that despise all ham and bacon related produce, In otherwords they would run for the hills if they hered the americans were packing bacon bullets ...get it run for the hills..Afghanistan...Nobody likes my jokes...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Yeah, it's all just marketing. The annoying thing is that it will work brilliantly too :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Radicals vs radicals.

-Racism
    -stereotyping
    -hate
    -violence

I wish this is only a bad joke.

Muslims are not terrorists. Just some terrorist are Muslims. All Catholics are followers of inquisition?
    All Catholics impose their religion? Because I know about many cases of people killing in name of cristian god.
    you can buy me, my work, my goals, even you can buy my spirit, but Theres something youll never buy. my indomitable thirst of life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo230 View Post
    Radicals vs radicals.

-Racism
    -stereotyping
    -hate
    -violence

I wish this is only a bad joke.

Muslims are not terrorists. Just some terrorist are Muslims. All Catholics are followers of inquisition?
    All Catholics impose their religion? Because I know about many cases of people killing in name of cristian god.
    Iam not Branding All Muslims Terrorists I Think you Took the context of the joke wrong i was referring to the terrorists over in Afghanistan. As a matter of fact its the select few That put a brand on a race Because of there horrid actions.

And yes Catholics in the Past Fiercely imposed there religion on non believers through violence,for instance protestants(other branch of Catholics in Northern Ireland),They enforced There ways through Shooting innocent people in northern Ireland.
    Last edited by happy hippo; 06-25-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I think you took it wrong (or both of us) I was talking about the company.

Yeah I know the horrible think religion has done, but the thing i want to state is that although some people do stupid thinks you cant label the whole group. I dont believe in any god, but I believe that a high percentage of people in religions have a good will.
    you can buy me, my work, my goals, even you can buy my spirit, but Theres something youll never buy. my indomitable thirst of life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

I heard about this on a podcast I listen to yesterday. Words can not explain how awful this is. Wrong on so many levels.

I also read that a Muslim explained why these bullets would not "send them to hell" like the makers claim. I don't remember exactly why, but he did made the makers look stupid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Buying 10k rounds, BRB.

Seriously people, let retards be retards. There's no reason to get all upset over something like this, it just gets more press (which is what they want!). I am pro-gun and this sounds ridiculous.

Imagine a bunch of Americans doing the same.. Americans already shit themselves at the sound of the word "terrorist"
    Leave it to Americans to do this -.-
    What am I even reading?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

A successful publicity stunt that promotes racism and hatred.

Its easy to piss off muslims just look what happened last year with the hole Mohammad movie.. I don't really care, don't live in the U.S and if i was to become a refugee i wouldn't go there.
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

'murca
    <TViYH> i had a dream about you again awkwardsaw
    Malachi 2:3

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I don't understand their logic... If they believe think that the pork laced bullets will send Muslims straight to hell, wouldn't they be a Muslim themselves? Does this mean they have to shoot them-self to hell for coming up with such a stupid idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I don't particularly understand the point; shooting someone will send you to hell in most religions, so seems pointless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

The point is it will send the Muslims to hell for dying after being infected by pork and not having the time to properly cleanse themselves.

'MURIKA!

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Rofffl funny, probably just designed for a good laugh

Since they know muslims take their religion very seriously.

Funny idea to pay the bills though.
    Last edited by Sjoe; 08-08-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I find its funnier how a religon stops people from eating pork. Religon is a joke.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobboHobbo View Post
    I find its funnier how a religon stops people from eating pork. Religon is a joke.
    In the old day keeping pigs for their meat was a very inefficient way of getting food. Pigs don't give milk or eggs. By not keeping pigs there would be more food for everyone, not just the rich. Also note that pigs promote the throwing away of left overs for your pigs instead of giving it to the needy.

Many things written in the Koran and the Bible got fundemental rules defining how people should behave. That some of the stories are twisted or rules are plain wrong is mostly due to humans using the books to gain power. One can argue about the need for these rules nowadays. But note how much of our society is build around them, not only the laws but also the view of many people in the western world is build upon.

Heaven is great example of how to give people with bad feelings or even depresion the insurance everything will be better one day. Where as the primary role of hell can be seen as a final judgement, not only keeping people from commiting crimes but also giving people the idea that all criminals will be punished. That the christian church changed it into do this or that or you will go to hell is just power abuse.

Almost every religion in the world got the rule one shouldn't kill another. Yet at the same time almost every religion got somebody in power who can make exceptions to this rule. Yet another great example of power abuse.

Note that everything you think about what is morally right or wrong is based upon that of your parents and people around you. They probably got this from their parents too. Just because you are an Atheist doesn't mean religions didn't heavily influence your opinion.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    In the old day keeping pigs for their meat was a very inefficient way of getting food. Pigs don't give milk or eggs. By not keeping pigs there would be more food for everyone, not just the rich. Also note that pigs promote the throwing away of left overs for your pigs instead of giving it to the needy.

Many things written in the Koran and the Bible got fundemental rules defining how people should behave. That some of the stories are twisted or rules are plain wrong is mostly due to humans using the books to gain power. One can argue about the need for these rules nowadays. But note how much of our society is build around them, not only the laws but also the view of many people in the western world is build upon.

Heaven is great example of how to give people with bad feelings or even depresion the insurance everything will be better one day. Where as the primary role of hell can be seen as a final judgement, not only keeping people from commiting crimes but also giving people the idea that all criminals will be punished. That the christian church changed it into do this or that or you will go to hell is just power abuse.

Almost every religion in the world got the rule one shouldn't kill another. Yet at the same time almost every religion got somebody in power who can make exceptions to this rule. Yet another great example of power abuse.

Note that everything you think about what is morally right or wrong is based upon that of your parents and people around you. They probably got this from their parents too. Just because you are an Atheist doesn't mean religions didn't heavily influence your opinion.
    Thats true, I have to agree that religon sets rules of a way of life and morals, to the extent of not killing one another, and respecting people and what not. But you have to admit, Religon has gone over boards in the world causing wars between society's and such. Like please, some one explain how Muslims, HAVE to fast for 30 days in order to go to 'heaven'. That is an utter joke to me, whats food got to do with anything 'Religous/holy' its an essential aspect of life, sacrificing nutrition can only lead to unhealthiness/sickness, sounds more like god wants them to die or suffer then to lead them to sanction in there next life, why not live the current life to the fullest and yolo the next. (In regards to fasting lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobboHobbo View Post
    Thats true, I have to agree that religon sets rules of a way of life and morals, to the extent of not killing one another, and respecting people and what not. But you have to admit, Religon has gone over boards in the world causing wars between society's and such. Like please, some one explain how Muslims, HAVE to fast for 30 days in order to go to 'heaven'. That is an utter joke to me, whats food got to do with anything 'Religous/holy' its an essential aspect of life, sacrificing nutrition can only lead to unhealthiness/sickness, sounds more like god wants them to die or suffer then to lead them to sanction in there next life, why not live the current life to the fullest and yolo the next. (In regards to fasting lol)
    Food has a lot to do with religion, look how hard a test food has always been, for it was the downfall of our holy father Adam (and our holy mother Hawwa (Eve). Abstaining from food is another way of overcoming your desires as in order to be closer to God you must be free from worldly desires.
    As for pork it is a belief it was created for Noah's Arc to clean up what the animals would leave behind i.e. pigs as nature's garbage disposal. It also has no skin pore to let out toxins which is why it rolls in mud to stay cool.

One thing I must point out we can never say someone is going to hell for sure just like we can never assume someone is going to heaven for certain as only the creator, God can make the final decision not US.

As for fasting it isn't obligatory on ALL Muslims they are certain exceptions.
    It isn't only Islam which promotes fasting lets take a look at Judaism, Moses fasted for 40 days which is what the Jews themed, "Jewish Passover."
    Jesus was also reported to have fasted for 40 days (this is what the christians termed "Lent", usually observed before Easter festival).

Taken from the Quran: "O ye who believe, fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for people before you ..."(2:183)
    Which clearly states it was a practice by people before Muslims arrived.
    Fun Fact: The First Revelation of the Quran (which was revealed over 23 years) occurred during Ramadan.

Hope that clears things up I've kept it very layman, as for the Pork Bullet Theory it doesn't work in religion as nothing in this world will be taken with you when you die apart from your soul.

Thread Information