Poll: Would you like to see the guide?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Thinking of making an AIO RS Skilling Guide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Question Thinking of making an AIO RS Skilling Guide

I'm thinking of making a detailed guide for every skill. Each skill will have two different "Paths". Best methods to legit and then best methods to bot.

What do you guys think of that idea, would you use it? Considering I've played RS legit for 6 years and still do, I'm up to date with all methods pretty much, and I like helping people out. I only want to write it if people will use it tho :P

Also, cosndiering there already is some great guides for skills ( Mostly by @Four )
    I would probably just link you to there guide for a certain method of a skill, no point In writing something twice!! ( with original authors consent of course)

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Itankbots; 07-17-2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Honestly, if this is properly written and formatted it could be the go-to RS leveling thread, or could even be classified as a directory.

Adding to your paths, you should add fast/expensive and slow/cheap methods (if applicable) since not everyone is rich and some people like being stingy and keeping their coins.

Nice idea, I'm all for it, but remember that more members will come over the coming years to look at it so it will be used regardless.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Honestly, if this is properly written and formatted it could be the go-to RS leveling thread, or could even be classified as a directory.

Adding to your paths, you should add fast/expensive and slow/cheap methods (if applicable) since not everyone is rich and some people like being stingy and keeping their coins.

Nice idea, I'm all for it, but remember that more members will come over the coming years to look at it so it will be used regardless.
    True .. And Thanks! I'll make sure to add like fastest methods, but also cost efficient ones

For a long time I've always wanted to make a RS guide... Not just one guide... Make it like then best guide.

Think Ima start writing it up once I'm feeling better

Ty for the input guys

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

I definitely think it is a good idea. Everyone could benefit from it and people would appreciate it for sure. If you can cover all aspects like Chris! said, it will be awesome (fast, profitable, p2p, f2p, etc)

Oh and feel better!
    FEEL FREE TO PM ME ABOUT ANYTHING! Will help over Teamviewer...just ask!! "WITH A NEW QUESTION COMES A NEW CHALLENGE"
    Silentcore's AIO Service team !!! Pm me if you want questing done or service done or post on thread ofc

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Make the guide of all guides. If you need help, feel free to ask!
    Upkeep.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stayon View Post
    Make the guide of all guides. If you need help, feel free to ask!
    Thanks! all the support I'm getting is awesome, I'm defintaly going to write it now.

Anyone is free to add there guides too it to. I'm going to make is a guide/directory too. ( full credit will be given to anyone's guide I add/link to mine). I just want people to have a one stop shop type of guide.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    Thanks! all the support I'm getting is awesome, I'm defintaly going to write it now.

Anyone is free to add there guides too it to. I'm going to make is a guide/directory too. ( full credit will be given to anyone's guide I add/link to mine). I just want people to have a one stop shop type of guide.

it's definitely gonna be a big project! so if you need help with research or what not, I can help with what I can .
    Upkeep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Are you making separate members/f2p guides? I know certain people (me) don't have members, and refuse to get it, making it much harder to reach 99 in the respective skills.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bolshak25 View Post
    Are you making separate members/f2p guides? I know certain people (me) don't have members, and refuse to get it, making it much harder to reach 99 in the respective skills.
    I actually didn't think about a F2P only path., now that you mention it, I do remember we have quite a few f2p only people . I will make sure to add that!

Thank you for the input

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I'd say seperate the paths by cost/xp.
    I for one like saving/making money while skilling while others enjoy getting a fast 99.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

I would be very interested in something like this! I'm sick of relying on RS Wikia, it's not the best.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Im probably one of the only people who will say no, but I don't think you should do this only because it will be very hard to maintain with constant updates etc.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Im probably one of the only people who will say no, but I don't think you should do this only because it will be very hard to maintain with constant updates etc.
    For most skills, afaik the methods have been quite consistent. The only problem is certain buyable skills because prices fluctuate too much. But for fishing/wcing/mining etc, its been the same thing for the most part.
    Upkeep.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

While this is likely to be a huge project from the start, this will also require updating regularly so remember that when you make it to make everything in a clear organised manner. That way it will be easier for you to edit should you need to. Personally I've always used rswiki's guides for skilling, but even a non-competitive player like me can tell that most of their money making by skill guides are outdated.

Thread Information