Thread: Legalization is coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Legalization is coming

From NORML's website..

The so-called Partnership for a Drug-Free [sic] America (PDFA) has been a prolific, yet impotent, anti-marijuana propaganda machine since its inception in the mid 1980?s under President Ronald ‘Just Say No’ Reagan. No other quasi governmental or private entity spent more money or had greater access to mainstream media to try to perpetuate the federal government’s failed cannabis prohibition. Only the now unpopular and underfunded DARE program rivaled PDFA in it’s high visibility efforts to maintain support among the American populace for cannabis prohibition–but was equally feckless–wasting billions in taxpayer dollars and not impacting youth drug use rates.

Both DARE and PDFA were largely ignored and underfunded by the George W. Bush Administration from 2000-2008, with the current administration continuing to follow suit by diminishing the size and scope of both’s finances and public reach.

After the PDFA released a new survey today, with media outlets starting to contact NORML for commentary, only then did it become clear to me that the beginning of the end is die in the cast for PDFA when they chose to put out a survey that in effect says ‘marijuana legalization is coming, but only for adults’.

Really?! PDFA needed to waste even more funding and bandwidth informing the public that support for cannabis legalization for adults is at an all time high, but that parents surveyed don’t think the herbal drug should be legalized for youth or marketed to children.

Gee. Was there anybody in America advocating that children should be able to legally buy and use cannabis products?

While the PFDA’s most recent survey seeks to create a political red herring about children and cannabis, the survey affirms the now obvious in American life: public support for continuing cannabis prohibition is at an all time low and tax-n-regulating cannabis is an alternative public policy that now enjoys majority support.

After watching and archiving hundreds of anti-cannabis propaganda commercials from the PDFA going back to the late 1980s, reading this new survey acknowledging 1) Legalization is quickly picking up public and political support in America, 2) Americans want a sensible cannabis policy, where, like with alcohol products, only adults have legal and controlled access and 3) Parents have concerns about potential cannabis advertisements in mass media demonstrates to me that another major socio-political ‘tea leaf” has revealed itself with the PDFA now left to propagandize about if and how legal cannabis will marketed, not whether cannabis is an inherently ‘evil’ drug that will forever be prohibited.

With even the hardcore anti-cannabis folks at PDFA now recognizing the changing attitudes about cannabis in favor of legalization, when will Congress and the White House finally embrace this political reality too?
    Good enough reason for me to celebrate

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Congrats I suppose, although you may be waiting awhile yet. Very silly of the PDFA to suggest that marijuana could be made legal for minors.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

SO because a group thinks it should, political parties will too? I think that view is not going to go very far...
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Sorry but I highly doubt it, at least anytime soon (in the US)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It's already here whether we like it or not. I went to LA for the first time last month I was shocked at the number of pot stores. They even had a 2 for 1 Fridays. I had a ball..LOL

Thread Information