Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The [XoL] Project

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Sorry for not replying to this, but fear not I have been sticking with it!
    ---
    9/2/2013
    I am turning off physique because what I am doing is very repetitive (I did not do insanity) but what I did do was follow a workout plan that looks somewhat like this
    Week one:
    M: Chest/Shoulders (12 reps)
    T: Jump training/Legs (12 reps)
    W: Arms (12 reps)
    Th: Chest/Shoulders (12 reps)
    F: Jump Training/Legs (12 reps)
    Week two:weight up
    M: Chest/Shoulders (10 reps)
    T: Jump training/Legs (10 reps)
    W: Arms (10 reps)
    Th: Chest/Shoulders (10 reps)
    F: Jump Training/Legs (10 reps)
    Week Three:weight up
    M: Chest/Shoulders (8 reps)
    T: Jump training/Legs (8 reps)
    W: Arms (8 reps)
    Th: Chest/Shoulders (8 reps)
    F: Jump Training/Legs (8 reps)
    Week Three: weight up
    M: Chest/Shoulders (6 reps)
    T: Jump training/Legs (6 reps)
    W: Arms (6 reps)
    Th: Chest/Shoulders (6 reps)
    F: Jump Training/Legs (6 reps)

Then I repeat for the next month but I increase the starting weight. I won't be posting about this because of the repetitive nature of these events.
    --
    Last edited by [XoL]; 09-02-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

9/2/2013
    Intelligence wise lets see how far I was able to get..
    so I was able to finish the beginner java tutorials on lynda.com, I have received my first assignment from my data structures and algorithms class.
    This is the assignment:
    Code:
    Total: 10pts 
    Write a Java program that reads a text file, counts the frequency of each alphabet character in 
    the file, outputs the alphabet characters and frequencies to an output file, and also outputs the 
    alphabet with the highest frequency. Here are some details: 
    1.  Only the alphabet characters are counted; punctuation marks, numbers, symbols, etc are 
    not be counted. 
    2.  A capital case letter is treated the same as the corresponding lower case letter.  
    3.  Your program should take the input and output file names as command line arguments. 
    4.  Test your programs with several input files to make sure your programs run correctly. 
    5.  Submit your source files (only .java files) to D2L before class.
    I was thinking of first starting with importing/exporting files then moving onto creating an array and traversing through the file to count them. Then creating a tostring method where I would have it paste the letters from most frequent to least frequent (Have a counter, to count the frequency of letters) Well something like that, this is my first time looking at the assignment

Other than that (That class seems like it will be just programming) I am taking hardware systems (A lot of circuits etc. then a lot of assembly programming.) and discrete math (Pretty tough so far, lots of different material I am just unfamiliar with) The other classes are criminology and theology (Required electives).

Yep! That is my quick recap!
    Last edited by [XoL]; 09-02-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by '[XoL
    That diet sounds just like a keto-diet (Which is the official name for all those diets that try to say don't eat carbs but eat high protein/fats) While this really does work it has some huge draw backs (1 being, your body switches to a ketogenic state (Good and bad) 2) kidney stones are like 1/28 chance now)

I am aprox 17-21% BF 190 pounds.
    There are less draw backs than in any other diet. I would like to see a source for those 1/28 chance for a kidney stone. Ketogenic state itself is only good and useful for bb. I know guy who are in keto for 1 year now and they fell great. It is the way we meant to live. Eating carbs is a civilization illness. We are still hunters & collectors physically, only few people can handle carbs well enough anyway.
    If you keep carbs under 30g a day and drink enough water, you shouldn't have any problems with kidney stones. Never heard of that.

Edit: Had a look at your workout plan, you aren't taking any real fatburners or roids are you?
    Last edited by Gala; 09-02-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gala View Post
    There are less draw backs than in any other diet. I would like to see a source for those 1/28 chance for a kidney stone. Ketogenic state itself is only good and useful for bb. I know guy who are in keto for 1 year now and they fell great. It is the way we meant to live. Eating carbs is a civilization illness. We are still hunters & collectors physically, only few people can handle carbs well enough anyway.
    If you keep carbs under 30g a day and drink enough water, you shouldn't have any problems with kidney stones. Never heard of that.

Edit: Had a look at your workout plan, you aren't taking any real fatburners or roids are you?
    http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2010/11...kidney-stones/
    Not the best source, I had a scientific research article given to me at one point that pointed at 1/28 for adults but I cant seem to find it :/ so my claims my be baseless at this point. Also the ketogenic diet was made for children with epilepsy not for body builders it just turned out to be beneficial for BBers, somehow it prevents seizures from happening (My sister was volunteering at a children's home for kids with epilepsy and the kids with the worst epilepsy were required to be on ketogenic diets and it actually worked for a lot of them)

I mean our primal primal self are hunters and gatherers, but it has been many centuries since then I would think our bodies have adapted. I am not saying the diet itself is bad, in fact I did it for about 3 months and lost weight drastically faster and felt at the top of my game but to me it wasn't feasible to maintain (I love my carbs, and never really got over that initial craving) I would say if you are on top of your water go for it, you won't have any massive side effects.

I don't take any real fat burners or roids, too young and am looking for a healthy lifestyle not a useless body.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

10/8/2013
    I am sorry for lack of update, life is rough been VERY VERY busy!
    Intelligence wise lets see how far I was able to get..
    so in my discrete mathematics class, feel like I am getting a handle but dang that class is actually pretty rough its so "logical" and I really don't think that way regardless of how much the teacher tries to convince us we all do. The proofs are brutal because I have no idea what I am doing sometimes, got a D on my first exam not really pleased about that I have my next one next week. Am aiming for a B at the minimum.

In my Data Structures and algorithms class, we are writing basic algorithms and using them in code finally (Am doing significantly better in this class, received a B on my first Exam). At this moment I am writing a program using the stack algorithm, not a fan am a little confused but am meeting with a tutor in about 3 hours to help me finish so no worries!

In my Hardware Systems class (No idea what is going on, literally zone out the second I get in the class because when I pay attention I understand next to nothing). I managed to scrape by getting a C on the last exam (Not really sure how I did so, but I managed)...
    Am looking into finding someone to help me with this class later, as I don't want to retake it ever...

The rest of my classes criminology and Theology are really easy, I love criminology it is probably the class I learn the most in (Surprisingly) so many interesting facts that are just surprising. Example (Excuse me if this sounds racist): If you are not black, you have a lower chance of getting mugged by a black person. Apparently this was proven by the numbers. Theology is just an easy A class, that is mandatory for 3 years -.-...
    10/8/2013
    Fitness
    I know this is inactive, but I am making a huge change in my fitness goals and this is to actually cut down (Which I haven't done in months) I made a bet with a friend to get under a 6:30 mile again, if I don't I will be doing something for a month straight not decided yet. I used to run a 5:37 but pretty sure if I ran a mile now I would be like 12 minutes haha jk but it would be pretty high my endurance is slaaackinggg... I am taking the steps in increasing my mile time currently by running every day, lifting a little less and focusing on my heart and lung health.
    10/8/2013
    Soul
    I decided to make this one permanently active, because lets be honest when does a person not react to emotions/their soul besides for gingers. (Just kidding).

I have been dealing with some depression recently, not sure what was going on... I mean everything in my life is "good" I have everything I need to live, got things for luxury, got a girlfriend, what else did I want/need. I really didn't know but during this time I wanted to just quit and sit in a corner by myself. I thought of suicide but I knew I knew I would never go through with it so I tossed it out of the equation. I tried to figure out what was causing this pain, slowly began to realize it was my relationship with my dad and the relationship I had with some of my friends. The relationship with my dad was stressful he is an alcoholic who doesn't really understand the repercussions of his actions ever, no matter how many times I tell him he needs to stop drinking its not going to happen. He will just get into another drunken rage either hit someone or say something very offensive and I felt like it was my responsibility to be the one to stop him in those situation but being 2 hours away at my university coming home wasn't that simple. The last thing I want to hear is something happened while I was away at college from my sister who my mom will call and tell. (They try to keep me out of the loop in family problems because they all know it affects me, and I tend to get very pissed). This has sorta gotten better as my mom isn't really getting in his way and he has cut down on the drinking temporarily because of sickness.

The other huge problem in my life was my friends, I felt as though they were all trying to exclude me for some reason. I am sure it wasn't intentional it was because they were just getting closer with each other while I was kinda away in depression cloud, and coming back to this wasn't the greatest. Since then I realized I needed to branch out of my central core group of friends, I started pledging for a fraternity and its nice having a bunch of guys be there for you, and my central core group of friends and I started doing stuff together again. I am fine if I do not need to be around people all the time now, and value my alone time now.

Anyway I don't know if anybody still reads my posts, but if you do thanks! I am a lot better than when I started having these feelings of depression. I actually feel content again, and am in a much better place.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

11/28/2013
    ...Again, sorry for lack of updates!

Intelligence wise lets see, well I didn't get far. In fact I think my actual intellect has dropped since the last time I posted, I just have been feeling lazy. I hope that feeling will be ending soon, God knows next semester will be hell (my hardest semester).

Hardware systems is killing me, assembly is just annoying and tough. Data structures is a joke, I am skating by in that class with minimal effort. Criminology, ha good times. Discrete math, didn't do as great as I had hoped on my last test but I am passing and I guess that is what matters in the end. Lastly my theology class, although a really easy class we just had our "final" paper and that thing took me about 9 hours to write...I mean I had an entire two months to write it, but I kinda procrastinated till the last night >.<.. My bad!

I should probably turn intelligence off considering I am not really focusing on it, but I plan to change that in a few days as I have very hard finals coming up as well as pre-learning stuff for my operating systems class next semester (C, and re-learning assembly). I am using lynda.com to learn both. (Will start in about two weeks)
    11/28/2013
    Fitness (Turned it back on)
    I am just a slacker, not sure what happened this last month but I did not have the drive to get out of bed most days and have been busy with other things (Really not an excuse at all, just a scrub).

Again I plan on changing all of this, I know I keep saying it. I am hoping to prove myself this time.
    My goal is a super month, what is a super month? It is a month I complete a lot of my goals physical and mental (C Lang and assembly as described above).

My physical goals are:
    Drop BF drastically
    Increase Muscle Tone
    (Generic, I know...)

If there is one thing I can do, it is Insanity (Completed the program twice now)
    I plan on starting at the max interval videos (level 2)

While ALSO doing German Volume Training
    It is a strength program where you lift a lot more volume than you do weight.

My program will look like:
    Monday

DB Flat Bench
    10x10, 40s, 1 min rest between sets.

Seated Rows
    10x10 (Not sure yet about weight)

Incline DB Bench
    3x10 40lbs

T-Bar rows
    3x10 85lbs

Tuesday

Machine Squats
    10x10, 1 min rest between sets

Leg Press Machine (Might do this instead of squats, since my gym doesn't have a squat machine... and I just can't squat in the morning when I workout.)
    10x10, 1 min rest

Calf Raises
    3x10

Weighted Abs
    3x15

Friday
    10x10
    Dips

Incline Hammer Curls
    10x10, 1 min rest

Dumbbell Lying Rear Lateral Raise
    3x10, 1 min rest

Machine Lateral Raises
    3x10, 1 min rest, 65lbs

Tricep Pull down
    3x10

I want to eat around 3k calories a day, maybe 2.5k.
    11/28/2013
    Soul
    Well I do feel better, I want to thank Cause for the positive encouragement. Its nice to know you have people who want the best for you in places you wouldn't expect! Here is a link to his thread: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105048

Anyways!
    Like I was saying I don't feel too bad anymore, there are still moments I struggle but I tend to be able to climb out of that dark place. I came to terms with a lot of things, and stopped trying to impress people all the time. If people don't like me, then okay that is fine.

Now for good things in my life, I am happy with my girlfriend no complaints there. We were a little shaky at some points but we really got into a good territories again, one thing that I can say though is... she doesn't really know me, in fact those of you who read this blog probably know more about my not too stable mental state haha.. Now that I think about it, you guys would be the only people who know about that maybe besides my roommate who I tried to confide in at one point. Anyway! Good things, I am pledging for a Fraternity and I am almost in. I really do like it, having a bunch of guys who are not the same as your other friends and accept you for you is a nice change. I like almost all of them and that is surprising considering I hate most people I meet. I have one more test, then a final vote! Wish me luck

If its not evident, I am just over-stressed.. slowly breaking down but I believe I can change this. I just need to organize, and relax. Harder done than said though!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    11/28/2013

11/28/2013

11/28/2013
    You da man. Keep on keeping on!! Your classes sound hard I will say that...what GPA are you shooting for?
    Btw more updates :P, love reading them

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Lol I will try to keep this updated for a while, andd I am shooting for a 3.2 (currently at a 3).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

This little sheet basically sums up everything I said in the physical portion:

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

I'm always confused how GPA works lol. But it looks like you need to increase your marks with about 10% which seems somewhat manageable, good luck!

How is your BF% coming along? Looks like you still want to drop quite a bit. I'm living on my own now and my roommate works at a meat factory. So we have like two pieces of meat every meal instead of one He can take meat from the factory for free Somehow I've still dropped down in BF% in the last few weeks.

Anyways good luck XoL!

EDIT: I actually just got back from the gym. It's a 15 min bicycle trip. There is another one just 5 mins away but they don't have a squat rack etc. Very new equipment.. I don't even fit in some equipment due to my height.. annoying. But the other gym has old equipment and I like that a lot more. I'm around 6'5" 217 lbs 15% BF now.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

This little sheet basically sums up everything I said in the physical portion:
    Sorry to bother but any particular reason you are going heavy on the machines? (And why hammer curls :P)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    I'm always confused how GPA works lol. But it looks like you need to increase your marks with about 10% which seems somewhat manageable, good luck!

How is your BF% coming along? Looks like you still want to drop quite a bit. I'm living on my own now and my roommate works at a meat factory. So we have like two pieces of meat every meal instead of one He can take meat from the factory for free Somehow I've still dropped down in BF% in the last few weeks.

Anyways good luck XoL!

EDIT: I actually just got back from the gym. It's a 15 min bicycle trip. There is another one just 5 mins away but they don't have a squat rack etc. Very new equipment.. I don't even fit in some equipment due to my height.. annoying. But the other gym has old equipment and I like that a lot more. I'm around 6'5" 217 lbs 15% BF now.
    Lol yeah somewhat around there GPA wise, I think I went up despite what other people tell me. I believe I am around 20-21% severally out of shape lol, and muscle tone has dropped as well (Because of my month off from the gym).

Also nice! That is weird that you can't fit in some of the equipment but then again I wouldn't know what its like to be tall I am 6 foot flat. With that height, if you manage to get "Big" you will look like a professional bodybuilder.

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    Sorry to bother but any particular reason you are going heavy on the machines? (And why hammer curls :P)
    Lol no bother at all, but the only machines I will probably be using are the squat/leg press/lateral raise.
    Squat machine is being used because im going to be doing a lot of reps/sets and I want to be able to go all out without dropping the weights every few sets (Also my gym, will kick me out if I make loud noises) The main reason here though is I believe a hernia is in my near future, I feel like something is popping a little whenever I squat so I am probably going to retire my squatting days and go into easier movements just because I don't want to risk injury.

Leg press, its a great machine and using the one that is inclined you can really feel the work on your legs.

Lateral Raise, just a change of pace.

Machines are not all bad, they are excellent for form and isolation the only thing that free weights have on them is the building of accessory muscles (Balance/actual use).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Lol no bother at all, but the only machines I will probably be using are the squat/leg press/lateral raise.
    Squat machine is being used because im going to be doing a lot of reps/sets and I want to be able to go all out without dropping the weights every few sets (Also my gym, will kick me out if I make loud noises) The main reason here though is I believe a hernia is in my near future, I feel like something is popping a little whenever I squat so I am probably going to retire my squatting days and go into easier movements just because I don't want to risk injury.

Leg press, its a great machine and using the one that is inclined you can really feel the work on your legs.

Lateral Raise, just a change of pace.

Machines are not all bad, they are excellent for form and isolation the only thing that free weights have on them is the building of accessory muscles (Balance/actual use).
    Fair enough dude...sucks about the potential hernia :S.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Lol yeah somewhat around there GPA wise, I think I went up despite what other people tell me. I believe I am around 20-21% severally out of shape lol, and muscle tone has dropped as well (Because of my month off from the gym).

Also nice! That is weird that you can't fit in some of the equipment but then again I wouldn't know what its like to be tall I am 6 foot flat. With that height, if you manage to get "Big" you will look like a professional bodybuilder.
    Well 6 foot is 2 inches above the average height in the US. It's the average height here though!:P
    Yeah once I get "big" I will look pretty intimidating.. I just want to "look like I lift" and have a respectable size for someone my height.

Don't even need to be that low BF%. Just reach the goal I have in my mind and stay around that physique. What do I have in my mind? Jamie Johal (J J? :P ) @ 6'5" 230-240lbs or something.

Still have a few years to go, hope to have a phyique like that when I graduate

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

You will also be significantly stronger than someone that size and 6,0. I have been reading the taller you are the more it takes to actually fill in those muscles, thus why most tall people are lanky and short people are the people who are generally more "Jacked"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

You will also be significantly stronger than someone that size and 6,0. I have been reading the taller you are the more it takes to actually fill in those muscles, thus why most tall people are lanky and short people are the people who are generally more "Jacked"
    wahoo

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Oh I also never responded to the hammer curl thing, well not exactly sure that is what the program recommended. I imagine because hammer curls get the forearm and the bicep involved whereas the regular curl only gets the bicep involved. I think hammer curl only gets one part of the bicep involved though. (Bi meaning two, I think there are two parts, that follows through in my head lol)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

12/3/2013
    Just fitness today, as that is basically all I have been focusing on.
    Wow, so yesterday was my first day of this GVT it is pretty intense. I can honestly say it is one of the hardest strength workouts I have ever completed you are just mind numbingly unable to move weights after that 10th set. I used 40lb dbs for bench press (10 reps/10 sets) its really light but that high repetition really takes a toll on your muscles. I used 70lb for seated row 10 reps/10 sets (I originally used 60 for the first set, 80 for the next 4, then 70 for the rest). When I tried db incline bench, I struggled to get 40 up so I moved down to 35 lol this was just pure muscle fatigue because I have never seen myself fail on 40lb before (Normally am doing 65-70lb) 10 reps 3 sets. I finished it off with T-Bar row, was intense loved it. (45lb) 10 reps 3 sets.

Then I was thoroughly exhausted but does my day end there... unfortunately not. I turned on my laptop and fired up some Insanity Max Interval Circuit. This isn't a regular video, this is an hour long Max Interval HIIT Cardio video (Meaning instead of short burst of exercise and longer breaks, its long bursts of exercise and short breaks). This basically killed me but am glad to say I survived

I would of been thoroughly pleased with my day but I slacked severally on diet, I just don't think I ate enough or ate enough protein for that matter... I probably had around 90g of protein and about 2000 whereas I should of been at around 2500 calories with 190g of protein.

I started today off a lot better, protein shake (68g) 470 calories including milk. I also had an omelet with ham and cheese (Probably around 500 calories, 30g protein) Then I had 3 sausage links, 90 calories 18g protein. I need to get another 80g or so, should be easy as I will eat some chicken breast that should bump me another 30-40 then just finish it off strong with something that will get me another 40.

I did legs today, couldn't squat... Just couldn't, ended up doing a bunch of smaller leg exercises along with leg press for 10x10.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Lets get a soul message in here

12/27/2013
    Well today my girlfriend of 5 months broke up with me, eh I saw it coming guess we were moving too fast or she just didn't feel it. Kind of sucks, you put so much time and effort into something to see it fall apart regardless (We actually dated before, so I guess I made the mistake of going back to an ex). Oh well, this is the reason I really haven't done anything during my winter break... most of the time was spent trying to fix this relationship or moping around hoping everything goes well. (Thus I apologize for my current physique). I think I deserve better though, I am not an asshole well least I don't think I am! I want to be in a relationship where I am respected. I actually haven't been single in many years, I think I may actually take this time and just be single for a while instead of going back on the hunt immediately. I need to reflect on my life.

This is the song that has been plaguing me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Lets get a soul message in here

12/27/2013
    haha been listening to that song abundantly the last couple of days.

Seems like you're gonna do fine You don't sound too devastated/emotional from the breakup.

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Sucks about your relationship man. Not the best timing either.. Disregard females and acquire aesthetics during the next few months :P There should be time to work out regardless of anything. It's only 2 hours for like 3-4 times a week for me.

I don't really want to hijack your thread but I'm now around 218 lbs 15% BF or something at nearly 6'6". As of today: http://i.imgur.com/6z1cIb4.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/9SovNCl.jpg

Sucks there is only like 4 weeks where you can go to the beach here in NL. I might be able to do an internship in Australia next year. September - January or something. Summer time there in that period. I might just stay in Europe though.. but dat weather though..

How is the weather in Chicago?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    haha been listening to that song abundantly the last couple of days.

Seems like you're gonna do fine You don't sound too devastated/emotional from the breakup.
    Yeah I am bummed but eh, I think ill be fine...If she was the one, I would honestly probably be more devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    Sucks about your relationship man. Not the best timing either.. Disregard females and acquire aesthetics during the next few months :P There should be time to work out regardless of anything. It's only 2 hours for like 3-4 times a week for me.

I don't really want to hijack your thread but I'm now around 218 lbs 15% BF or something at nearly 6'6". As of today: http://i.imgur.com/6z1cIb4.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/9SovNCl.jpg

Sucks there is only like 4 weeks where you can go to the beach here in NL. I might be able to do an internship in Australia next year. September - January or something. Summer time there in that period. I might just stay in Europe though.. but dat weather though..

How is the weather in Chicago?
    Yeah I know I should of followed my plans I just get really into something and completely forget about the other aspects of my life, which is why I have gained so much fat over the past couple months (Literally the fattest I have been in years) (will probably upload a pic later this week).

You are looking great! Good luck with getting even bigger and summer breaks

Ehh we have 3 months of beach weather, 2 months of light sweatshirt weather, then the remaining 7 are bitter cold or covered in snow or just wet.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

As promised:
    12/30/2013
    You can see, I am rather fat these days... WAAAY fatter than I used to be, combination of bad things happening in life and laziness have left me as I am.

This was this morning at like 7am, right after waking up.
    Last edited by [XoL]; 12-31-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

I am in the process of buying new clothes, I figure a new year a new me. I want to start dressing the part, instead of dressing lazy which in my head makes me feel lazy.

I actually have a lot of "resolutions etc." will post em tomorrow. But today I want to just post a few clothing things I am considering buying.

Here are a few things I currently own that I really like, just so you get a taste of where I am headed.

(also have a pair of darker blue jeans, same fit)

I also have a collection of dress shirts (solid colors: Gray, White, Cyan, Turquoise)
    Then a bunch of shirts, I rarely wear due to fit/color/worn out. (I kind of had to re-buy an entire wardrobe as I went from highschool to college... I grew drastically in that time frame.

Anyways!
    Here are some things I am looking into purchasing, comments are welcome (especially if you don't like it, or don't think I can pull it off due to my build.. Picture is in last entry)

Jacket, I have been wanting one.. not sure how it will fit though due to me buying it online -.-.. Will buy a large size.

Eh so this company on amazon, makes all these weird comments about size... which kind of scares me as it says if you are a medium you should get a large in US sizes but then in the comments I hear people saying they are 5'9 and 165 pounds and they got the XL and it fits perfectly so not completely sure what is going on here will probably email them and see what they recommend as I am 6'0 190.

I really like this, but again same company and in the comments people keep saying even if you are really skinny if you have big arms the shirt won't fit (even with the XXL) so because of that I am just going to look for something similar from a company I know and is true to size.

Same with this shirt, maybe ill just lose like 30 pounds I mean... I probably should.

This shirt, not too sure on it yet. I think it may be too much, not trying to look flaming gay .. no offense to anyone who may take offense.

I want a wool gray tie, feel like this could go with anything.

While id opt for the gray, the black looks like it could go with virtually anything whereas the gray might clash and not going to buy both way too much money.

This is going in fitness because asthetics go hand in hand with clothes.
    Anyway hmu with opinions etc. say what you want, I want to know before I do end up buying them.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

I like where you are headed with this style change man. I also feel the need to dress a little more "for the part". Keep us updated on how you feel in these clothes at school! Btw that is sucky about the gf thing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information