Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SRL-5, SRL-6, and Runescape 3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Default Default params for SetUpSRL

Since SRL6 is going to be Lape compliant, it would be interesting to add a couple default parameters to the set up, namely width and height to allow the scripter to define the client dimensions.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loragnor View Post
    Since SRL6 is going to be Lape compliant, it would be interesting to add a couple default parameters to the set up, namely width and height to allow the scripter to define the client dimensions.
    Already have that.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    Just a quick update for you guys.

Things are going pretty well so far. As of right now, SMART defaults at a 960x640 client size, but SRL can run on ANY screen size so if you're uncomfortable with that size you can always change it. If we keep up this pace, we should have something workable ready sooner than I had originally thought.
    Looks like some impressive progress is being made! I will probably rewrite my GOP script to work for RS3 at one point :P

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    Looks like some impressive progress is being made! I will probably rewrite my GOP script to work for RS3 at one point :P
    I've thought about updating a couple of mine as well. Just haven't decided if it's worth maintaining. I'm sure there will be enough people making scripts when SRL-6 is released.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I've thought about updating a couple of mine as well. Just haven't decided if it's worth maintaining. I'm sure there will be enough people making scripts when SRL-6 is released.
    Question: Will out pascalscript scripts be able to compile with SRL6?

Follow up: Forms aren't going to be added to lape are they?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Already have that.
    k. That is impressively awesome. Thank you.

Since you are being so agreeable, what are the chances of having a scripted option to either update or not update graphics settings on login? There are currently 4 separate procedures in login.simba and gametab.simba that address this, but give no scriptable interface during the login process. Not to mention that as they are written now, they will be unusable.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    The pascalscript to lape transition will be a lot smaller then the SRL 5 to SRL 6 transition.

Follow up: Forms aren't going to be added to lape are they?
    The simba devs already added it

@loragnor I don't fully understand your question.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    The pascalscript to lape transition will be a lot smaller then the SRL 5 to SRL 6 transition.

The simba devs already added it

woah woah woah I heard lape wasnt going to have forms support but they were added? sweet, their going to have fully functioning support right? like everything that ps had

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    My question has to do with setting up graphics options during login. As you know, currently, graphics settings are checked during login using the RSReady function. It would be nice to de-couple this process from the login process and allow the scripter to designate whether or not those settings are checked and further how the settings should be set for his script.

Default now seems to be the 'Min' option and Safemode. While this sets the options correctly, it also reduces the client to a small, fixed size (I don't remember the client dimensions). This may not be optimal anymore.

I won't get into my paranoia about Jagex and client sizes at this point, though.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

PascalScript scripts can probably compile in Lape with minimal changes; however, a lot more changes will be needed to work with SRL-6.

woah woah woah I heard lape wasnt going to have forms support but they were added? sweet, their going to have fully functioning support right? like everything that ps had
    I don't know if everything is supported right now. To be honest I don't know how much is supported, or if it's planned to be released with Simba 1000+, that's a question for @Wizzup? or @Dgby714;

My question has to do with setting up graphics options during login. As you know, currently, graphics settings are checked during login using the RSReady function. It would be nice to de-couple this process from the login process and allow the scripter to designate whether or not those settings are checked and further how the settings should be set for his script.

Default now seems to be the 'Min' option and Safemode. While this sets the options correctly, it also reduces the client to a small, fixed size (I don't remember the client dimensions). This may not be optimal anymore.

I won't get into my paranoia about Jagex and client sizes at this point, though.
    Client size shouldn't matter in SRL-6, although it is written in 960x640. Theoretically, it will work in all screen sizes (but it hasn't been extensively tested). You also need the proper layout (which is default Retro with a very small edit to the minimap).

As of right now (and likely at the time of the release), there are no functions in SRL to change the graphics. Like always, we'll recommend keeping the lowest graphics settings possible; however, you don't have to. Since most graphics changes are to the mainscreen only, and most of SRL interacts with interfaces), graphics can be set specifically to once script if desired.

E: We discussed a lot about screen sizes and the possibility of Jagex seeking out users with the same size, same interface, layout, things like that. That's why we've written SRL to work with any size - you can set it to what looks nice on your monitor. The interface layout needs to be the same, but since it's a Jagex default option, there's no problem.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)

I don't know if everything is supported right now. To be honest I don't know how much is supported, or if it's planned to be released with Simba 1000+, that's a question for @Wizzup? or @Dgby714;
    All the form-related stuff was done by @CynicRus; (No clue if that's his name here >..>)

But quite a bit is done, but it does have some issues with it.... We will prob make a post about it when I get around to fixing some of the issues.

Dg's Small Procedures | IRC Quotes
    Thank Wishlah for my nice new avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [22:12:05] <Dgby714> Im agnostic
    [22:12:36] <Blumblebee> :O ...you can read minds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

ahh the good ol Coh3n, Good to hear from you.

Thanks for the update. The community and I want to honor all the crafters of Simbas "continuance plan" throughout runescape updates. Thank you

and if there is anything that myself can help in, im just a message away

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Client size shouldn't matter in SRL-6, although it is written in 960x640. Theoretically, it will work in all screen sizes (but it hasn't been extensively tested). You also need the proper layout (which is default Retro with a very small edit to the minimap).
    This is very nice. Really hated the tiny screen.

As of right now (and likely at the time of the release), there are no functions in SRL to change the graphics. Like always, we'll recommend keeping the lowest graphics settings possible; however, you don't have to. Since most graphics changes are to the mainscreen only, and most of SRL interacts with interfaces), graphics can be set specifically to once script if desired.
    Hm. Having a standardized interface to change graphics settings would be very nice. A graphics.simba or something of the sort. Something a scripter can hook into to make the changes needed to run the script without having to create that whole process. Just a personal observation about creative scripting: The more time one needs to spend developing basic procedures, the less time one spends developing.

If I can assist in some way with something of this nature, please let me know.

E: We discussed a lot about screen sizes and the possibility of Jagex seeking out users with the same size, same interface, layout, things like that. That's why we've written SRL to work with any size - you can set it to what looks nice on your monitor. The interface layout needs to be the same, but since it's a Jagex default option, there's no problem.
    My concern about Jagex and screen sizes isn't around the number of people using the same size and layout, it was about the person who has played for a few years and suddenly starts using a screen that is 1/4 the size he usually uses and set to a very low graphics setting. Then he starts jumping back and forth between full screen with full graphics options to samll screen with minimal graphics options. That seems like an indication to me of someone doing something they shouldn't be doing. And I'm fairly sure that would be detectable by Jagex.

No matter, thank you SRL developers where ever you are! You are doing a grand job and I am very grateful.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Hm. Having a standardized interface to change graphics settings would be very nice. A graphics.simba or something of the sort. Something a scripter can hook into to make the changes needed to run the script without having to create that whole process. Just a personal observation about creative scripting: The more time one needs to spend developing basic procedures, the less time one spends developing.
    There was, Includes for audio and graphical changes as i noticed as part of login functions and stuff while going thro SRL5. But They were pretty outdated(especially audio one) and i never saw anyone even use them since ive been here. Although they would of been very useful. So i agree we defiantly will Need/Make Something similar. that if you're not in the correct graphics. it changes it for you. For people like me who legit rs and bot on same computer sometimes, it would come in handy incase rs decides to be mean and load the wrong cache while loading smart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    There was, Includes for audio and graphical changes as i noticed as part of login functions and stuff while going thro SRL5. But They were pretty outdated(especially audio one) and i never saw anyone even use them since ive been here. Although they would of been very useful. So i agree we defiantly will Need/Make Something similar. that if you're not in the correct graphics. it changes it for you. For people like me who legit rs and bot on same computer sometimes, it would come in handy incase rs decides to be mean and load the wrong cache while loading smart
    Yes. In fact one of the things that really slows down the SRL load NOW, is the RSReady function which looks for a very specific color in a very specific place and then tries to modify your settings if they are not 'Min', 'Fixed', and 'Safemode'. That kind of automation is not going to work now. In thinking about it, since the client size can be scripted with SRL-6, checking graphical settings (or audio for that matter), does not need to happen automatically. The scripter should have the option to change it before login, in the lobby area, or even after the player is loaded in a world. This last option would allow the scripter to evaluate how the graphics are set before making changes. It may be a small sign of botting, but if a client loads and the first thing it does is open the graphics options screen and begin mousing over stuff, it could be an indication and it could be observable.

For my part, I'm not certain how one would go about evaluating the gaming environment to discern whether ground blending is on or if skyboxes are active. But I sure would be willing to learn and make a contribution to help square this away.

{************************************************* ************************************************** ********************}

In a seperate but kinda related question, is there or will there be a means to discern which windows are open in the new interface? I know one could read the names of the windows or look for DTMed icons, but if the user or the scripter has designated the slim skin where the window names are hidden, how will we know what is where?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

In a seperate but kinda related question, is there or will there be a means to discern which windows are open in the new interface? I know one could read the names of the windows or look for DTMed icons, but if the user or the scripter has designated the slim skin where the window names are hidden, how will we know what is where?
    One of the graphics settings for SRL-6 is slim windows. This is so we don't have to scroll to use the entire inventory (plus, it just looks much nicer). As of right now, there are global variables for all the supported interfaces that store it's position on the screen. However, they are set based on screen size and it's proper position in the Retro layout, meaning you can't just start a script with the minimap in the bottom left corner of the screen. This is something we hope to support in the future, though - being able to work with any interface layout. It is very difficult, though, since all the interfaces borders and background colors are the same, plus there is really no distinctive border to look for.

As for helping out and such, there will be plenty of opportunity for that after the release, and I've already written the thread to help scripters get started.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

One of the graphics settings for SRL-6 is slim windows. This is so we don't have to scroll to use the entire inventory (plus, it just looks much nicer). As of right now, there are global variables for all the supported interfaces that store it's position on the screen. However, they are set based on screen size and it's proper position in the Retro layout, meaning you can't just start a script with the minimap in the bottom left corner of the screen. This is something we hope to support in the future, though - being able to work with any interface layout. It is very difficult, though, since all the interfaces borders and background colors are the same, plus there is really no distinctive border to look for.

As for helping out and such, there will be plenty of opportunity for that after the release, and I've already written the thread to help scripters get started.
    Just do what I did :S Look for an icon within the interface.

Enumerate all the backgrounds of that colour, split them and look for the following:
    Chatbox has the gold looking icons and a bubble next to your name. Simply finding the button = finding the chatbox.
    Inventory has the gold coins at the bottom for the pouch. Finding the coins = finding the inv.
    Minimap has the globe and the other icons in it.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

You said 'there are global variables', does this mean they can be assigned to? or are they constants? And I'm looking forward to helping out !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Enumerate all the backgrounds of that colour, split them and look for the following:
    Chatbox has the gold looking icons and a bubble next to your name. Simply finding the button = finding the chatbox.
    Inventory has the gold coins at the bottom for the pouch. Finding the coins = finding the inv.
    Would it be feasible to create an include that lists all the icons as dtms rather like bitmaps.simba? Are dtms as portable as bitmaps in that regard? Also, do you have an idea about how one would go about evaluating the gaming environment to discern whether ground blending is on or if skyboxes are active without opening the graphics options tab or window?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

This sounds like its going to be the best update yet to Simba! Lape is so much faster that it should make things much nicer for searching the screen for colors ect!

Keep up all the hard work! <3

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    This sounds like its going to be the best update yet to Simba! Lape is so much faster that it should make things much nicer for searching the screen for colors ect!

To be correct, this is not an update to Simba. This thread is detailing changes happening to the SRL include which is not a part of Simba.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post

anddd Lape won't affect any of simba's internal methods... (speed etc)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I was talking about about the actual bounds of the interface. I suppose if there's a static symbol or something we can find that's always constant on the interface (by that I mean always returning the exact coordinate in the interface) we can create bounds relative to that point, but even then an interface can be any size, how did you get the bounds of an interface after you found it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Honestly cannot wait for you guys to finish, ive been using simba heavily with no problems, i used powerbot yesterday for about 2 hrs, and woke up this morning to my 1st ever 1 day ban. Keep up the great work the release is highly anticipated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Wicked ... does it make sense to move all current scripts to the archives? Nothing is going to work anyway so it seems like a good idea to "restart"?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digitalninja View Post
    Wicked ... does it make sense to move all current scripts to the archives? Nothing is going to work anyway so it seems like a good idea to "restart"?
    I think they should give script writers 1-2 months before scripts are moved to outdated

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information