Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SRL-5, SRL-6, and Runescape 3

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Default SRL-5, SRL-6, and Runescape 3

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since you've heard from any of the SRL Developers, and with the release of Runescape 3 soon (tomorrow I think) I think it's time someone let you guys know what's going on.

For a long time, we've been working on SRL-6, and we were actually really close to a beta release. However, it was written for Runescape 2. Now, this really isn't an issue. The way SRL-6 has been written allows for easy updating, so once the official release of Runescape 3 is made, we can fix the code we have and get ready for a beta release.

This announcement is mainly to tell you guys it's not worth updating SRL-5 for RS3. We don't want anyone wasting their time. SRL-6 will work with RS3 and Lape, and we hope to have a beta version released by the end of the summer. We aren't going to make an official release date just yet, but we really need you guys to be patient.

As of right now, we're not looking for any help. That will come with the beta release.

I'm not going to get into the details of SRL-6 structure/features because as of right now, nothing is final. All those details will be revealed with the beta release. If you wish, you can check out all the code (which includes a file of differences between SRL-5 and SRL-6) on Github.

If there are any questions and/or concerns, please post here and one of us will respond as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    The SRL Development Team

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Woop! Thanks a lot to all the developers of srl 6 and an extra thank you to you coh3n for giving us the good news.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Thanks for the update

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

woot woot i cant wait

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Should be good stuff. Thanks Devs!
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Thanks for the update
    Yeah and let us know if anything else is needed!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Thanks alot for keeping the community updated.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

My only concern is that SRL-6 will not be ready for a long time...Like you said, its been in the "works" for ages.

it only took like 2 weeks to get a hacky version going for 07 ready. You're saying end of summer, which where i live, is end of september.

That makes it seem like it would be worth getting a working version of Current SRL going. At least to me.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    My only concern is that SRL-6 will not be ready for a long time...Like you said, its been in the "works" for ages.

it only took like 2 weeks to get a hacky version going for 07 ready. You're saying end of summer, which where i live, is end of september.

That makes it seem like it would be worth getting a working version of Current SRL going. At least to me.
    Actually a hacky version took 1 day. It's going to take a while to fix the interface related stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

Well... that makes my only option to bot on 07 while it still is playable . Gl with all the work and dont hesitate to ask the community for help

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Can't wait for SRL 6, I have been converting my scripts to use it ever since I found out about it.

Keep up the good work SRL Developers!
    Creating a ridicilous template for my scripts, takes a long time (MSI here I come)
    Projects: Script template (~90%)
    Errare humanum est

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

If you need any help in beta release, I would love to contribute to the community!
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

There's ALOT of work to be done in RS3

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    There's ALOT of work to be done in RS3

Thanks for the update Cohen.

Q: Even though RS3 is out, can't we just load the non-HTML5 version in java app and put all settings on lowest and will that look just like how RS used to look like before RS3?
    Or even if you put all settings on lowest are there big differences?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post

Q: Even though RS3 is out, can't we just load the non-HTML5 version in java app and put all settings on lowest and will that look just like how RS used to look like before RS3?
    Massive differences, even on lowest settings.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

All the interfaces and graphics are still massively different even on lowest settings.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Even though RS3 is out, can't we just load the non-HTML5 version in java app and put all settings on lowest and will that look just like how RS used to look like before RS3?
    As mentioned the interface has changed too much.

It has been decided we will switch to openGL mode and 1024 * 768 pixels with default preset interface. Reason for this is to be able to view the entire inventory. Have a decent screen size. And to enable openGL hooking for who ever wants to try that out.(openGL hooking not included with srl 6)
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Oh wow ... this will play havoc on all scripts ... but should make for some pretty amazing ones when theyre done/updated. I just logged into RS3 and its a doozy .... openGL and 1024 * 768 is a fantastic standard.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Thanks for doing a great job keeping the community updated! appreciate all the hard work you devs put in! keep up the excellent work!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Converting SRL-5 to work with RS3 is A LOT more work than it was to convert it to 07 (remember, SRL used to work with 07, so all the code is the same). We're just saying it's not worth it to convert SRL-5 when SRL-6 will become the standard soon enough.

As for the actual release of SRL-6, that's where you guys just need to be patient.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    Converting SRL-5 to work with RS3 is A LOT more work than it was to convert it to 07 (remember, SRL used to work with 07, so all the code is the same). We're just saying it's not worth it to convert SRL-5 when SRL-6 will become the standard soon enough.

As for the actual release of SRL-6, that's where you guys just need to be patient.
    I understand Im just looking to get atleast one or two of my scripts working, not the WHOLE include. cause you're correct. would be pointless to code something that will be obsolete in a month or so.

The Whole include would be alot of work. But looking into it, a couple of scripts wont be to bad. Im sure people wouldn't mind us fixing a few things to get it working a bit atleast.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

I understand Im just looking to get atleast one or two of my scripts working, not the WHOLE include. cause you're correct. would be pointless to code something that will be obsolete in a month or so.

The Whole include would be alot of work. But looking into it, a couple of scripts wont be to bad. Im sure people wouldn't mind us fixing a few things to get it working a bit atleast.
    Hey if you want to fix what you need in the include, be my guest, I'll be happy to merge the pull request. Just as long as you know SRL-5 isn't going to be maintained by SRL Developers.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information