Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cause's life thread/botting

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Default cause's life thread/botting

Hi guys. I've been quiet around here for awhile so I thought I'd update everyone on what I'm doing and how I'm doing.

Life:

Work:
    Currently finishing off a mediocre summmer of work here on the oilpatch (can you find me on the SRL member's map?)...been really dead but got a nice 14 hour day today (love that overtime).
    Just bought a windshield chip repair kit, it has arrived now and I will hopefully get some rental car companies business with this (kit was ~$400)...or taxi companies or semi's...you get the picture.

School plans:
    Kinda floundered around in school since being out of highschool, am now dedicated to becoming an engineer. (Re)-Taking the first year of engineering here at the local college...I need a B average to be competitive but my goal is all A's (I think it is do-able, only 4 classes).

Life life:
    Getting tight with Jesus...is awesome. I have cut most unhealthy habits for now...aka nofap, no video games for at least the rest of the summer if not all semester/year, fairly healthy eating (try to have 2 cups of veggie smoothie every day).

Botting:
    Been out of the loop for awhile so I decided to get back into it, will prob bot 2007. Just ordering the Kimsufi 3 euro/month dedicated server (http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/kimsuf...ance/#comments)
    Hoping to get 2 bots running but 1 would suffice.

Body:
    I have started to workout! Prob on week 3/4 now, seeing awesome awesome results. Huge strength gains and my body is starting to get bigger and cut up. I have been doing "regular" gym exercises but I plan to start a new compound movement workout for now, with some isolation on more favorite muscles (chest, biceps), this routine: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...y-workout.html
    I use the supplement SizeOn, seeing great muscle gains and some weight gains, now am a steady 134-35 which is up from 130ish. I would really like to get to 140 but I don't really go out of my way to ingest huge amounts of calories so we will see how she goes. Despite being ridiculously priced (I paid $90 for a months worth) I would highly recommend this product, really decreases recovery time (definitely noticeable)(buying next month online for ~$40).
    Favorite exercises: Deadlift, Dumbbell flat bench, ab rollout on swiss ball (will rip you up!!!)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Good for you man.

Glad to see everything is going well.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

You all recovered from the accident?
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

1) don't buy any workout supplements. you don't need them. they're rip offs. massbuilders are the biggest ripoffs; they're litteraly just ground protein mixed with ground up carbohydrate sources. eat 1 gram of protein per pound you weigh, and eat in a 300-500 calorie surplus every day and you will gain a pound a week, guaranteed. protein is easy to get, and cheap, so screw expensive protein powders. where I live, a pound of chicken which contains 90 grams of protein costs $1.99.

2) the program you linked to is really great, but if you want my opinion (which you prolly dont but its cool whatever), don't do sets of 8-12 like it recommends for most exercises. with the exception of abdominal exercises, stick to between 4 and 6 reps to build strength. once you get a great strength base ( this will take like a year), then it's time to do high-rep work for size gains.

3)good to see you like deadlifts. keep doing em, brah. they're good for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NKN View Post
    Good for you man.

Glad to see everything is going well.
    Thanks NKN, it's been great with you a SRL member

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    You all recovered from the accident?
    Ummm prob about 80%. If I don't get enough sleep I get headaches and I think my neck gets sore quicker than any other muscle. How's military summer camp? (right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    1) don't buy any workout supplements. you don't need them. they're rip offs. massbuilders are the biggest ripoffs; they're litteraly just ground protein mixed with ground up carbohydrate sources. eat 1 gram of protein per pound you weigh, and eat in a 300-500 calorie surplus every day and you will gain a pound a week, guaranteed. protein is easy to get, and cheap, so screw expensive protein powders. where I live, a pound of chicken which contains 90 grams of protein costs $1.99.

2) the program you linked to is really great, but if you want my opinion (which you prolly dont but its cool whatever), don't do sets of 8-12 like it recommends for most exercises. with the exception of abdominal exercises, stick to between 4 and 6 reps to build strength. once you get a great strength base ( this will take like a year), then it's time to do high-rep work for size gains.

Well this workout supplement is more creatine than protein. I don't use any protein supplements, although I have considered it since they taste pretty good and make good shakes and I don't buy enough chicken/live near town.

Also I was thinking of aiming for aprox 8 reps so a little more strength than mass but I'm not actually a complete fan of low rep high weight (in regards to 3 reps or less) besides the fact that at 8 reps you definitely still are building strength.

Ohh ya love the deadlifts. They feel like my best progression exercise.
    Btw what's with promising newcomer lol??

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    Thanks NKN, it's been great with you a SRL member

Ummm prob about 80%. If I don't get enough sleep I get headaches and I think my neck gets sore quicker than any other muscle. How's military summer camp? (right?)

Well this workout supplement is more creatine than protein. I don't use any protein supplements, although I have considered it since they taste pretty good and make good shakes and I don't buy enough chicken/live near town.

Also I was thinking of aiming for aprox 8 reps so a little more strength than mass but I'm not actually a complete fan of low rep high weight (in regards to 3 reps or less) besides the fact that at 8 reps you definitely still are building strength.

Ohh ya love the deadlifts. They feel like my best progression exercise.
    Btw what's with promising newcomer lol??
    ohh I get it, they're marketing some "special" creatine whos creatine molecules magically work better than other identical creatine molecules just because it costs 3x more per pound. Just do yourself a favor and get the creatine with the lowest price/pound... I'll usually buy either of these, just suggestions:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B7W73Q/
    or this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OXD38/

and I have that cup cause I was promising when I was a newcomer?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

ohh I get it, they're marketing some "special" creatine whos creatine molecules magically work better than other identical creatine molecules just because it costs 3x more per pound. Just do yourself a favor and get the creatine with the lowest price/pound... I'll usually buy either of these, just suggestions:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B7W73Q/
    or this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OXD38/

and I have that cup cause I was promising when I was a newcomer?
    Well no of course there is no magic lol but I bought it as a beginner (pretty much still am one) and am now just researching...next month I will consider doing regular creatine and then simple sugar mix.
    And ya but you aren't a newcomer anymore :P
    Thanks for the links btw

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Nice to see everything is going according to plan (I assume?). Oh, and smoothies are definitely the way forward.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Nice to see everything is going according to plan (I assume?). Oh, and smoothies are definitely the way forward.
    Thanks. Yep on track...except I pulled a back muscle yesterday I guess because I can't even stand up today lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I actually really wanted to become a dietican/nutitionist/personal trainer sort of thing, till my father crushed my dreams. Most things you stated, are quite incorrect.

1) Depending on your body type and life style, mass builders might be the solution for weight gain. Like for me, I could never gain weight ever. The only way was 4-6 proper not really balanced but meals with lots of low gi carbohydrates (with atleast 30g protein), and between my high protein/carb meals I would have to have a mass shake for the extra boost in carbohydrates, which were techniquely complex carbs (Maltodextrin), which totaled to about 700+ grams of carbs per day. Carbs give you size, protein re builds muscle fibres. But carbs also promotes protein-synthesis. So having them together = max gains. If you just have protein lol, nothing will happen. It will just become waste in your urine (well what ever isnt being used). And also never rely on supplements, combine both together, because supplements absorb incredibly quick compared to lets say eating a can of tuna.

2)Mostly true point, but never repeat same workouts constantly change it up, do pyramids, slows/fasts, change things up every time, you need to shock your body, and make it think "oh fuck were scrawny and shit we n33d mor muscle" constant repetition means slow growth or none at all.

3)Dead lifts are great, but so are squats (Acctually increases the testorone hormones <-- More growth)

Big tip - Cause your on creatine, drink shit loads of water. And get plenty of sleep. and if your an Ectomorph, eat right before bed (carbs/protein).
    And also dont worry about getting some extra fat in the process, easily lost later on, its not even funny how easy it is.

Saying that I did experiment, for 3 years with this all. I started at 65kg ish, got to 84 kg.

pict0rez.
    xsbv.png
    Pic 1 - about 81 kg.
    pic 2 - 84 kg
    pic 3- back from schoolies was about 75kg lol. (alchol 7 days straight didnt really eat anything bar like lettuce as i couldnt keep any food down haha. but i did cut down to 78kg from 84 was about 6% body fat at the time. maybe a little bit more
    Last edited by BobboHobbo; 07-28-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobboHobbo View Post
    I actually really wanted to become a dietican/nutitionist/personal trainer sort of thing, till my father crushed my dreams. Most things you stated, are quite incorrect.

1) Depending on your body type and life style, mass builders might be the solution for weight gain. Like for me, I could never gain weight ever. The only way was 4-6 proper not really balanced but meals with lots of low gi carbohydrates (with atleast 30g protein), and between my high protein/carb meals I would have to have a mass shake for the extra boost in carbohydrates, which were techniquely complex carbs (Maltodextrin), which totaled to about 700+ grams of carbs per day. Carbs give you size, protein re builds muscle fibres. But carbs also promotes protein-synthesis. So having them together = max gains. If you just have protein lol, nothing will happen. It will just become waste in your urine (well what ever isnt being used). And also never rely on supplements, combine both together, because supplements absorb incredibly quick compared to lets say eating a can of tuna.

2)Mostly true point, but never repeat same workouts constantly change it up, do pyramids, slows/fasts, change things up every time, you need to shock your body, and make it think "oh fuck were scrawny and shit we n33d mor muscle" constant repetition means slow growth or none at all.

3)Dead lifts are great, but so are squats (Acctually increases the testorone hormones <-- More growth)

Big tip - Cause your on creatine, drink shit loads of water. And get plenty of sleep. and if your an Ectomorph, eat right before bed (carbs/protein).
    And also dont worry about getting some extra fat in the process, easily lost later on, its not even funny how easy it is.

Saying that I did experiment, for 3 years with this all. I started at 65kg ish, got to 84 kg.

pict0rez.
    xsbv.png
    Pic 1 - about 81 kg.
    pic 2 - 84 kg
    pic 3- back from schoolies was about 75kg lol. (alchol 7 days straight didnt really eat anything bar like lettuce as i couldnt keep any food down haha. but i did cut down to 78kg from 84 was about 6% body fat at the time. maybe a little bit more
    might wanna hit the calf raise brah

gaining weight is just calories in vs calories out... I didn't mention carbs in my post because most people have no problem eating a good amount of carbs, but protein is hard for some people to get. meal timing doesnt matter. and your muscles don't get "confused" from changing up your workout... different muscle fibers get stimulates which results in growth in places that haven't been hit before.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Well at least you are getting there
    I tore my hamstring on course so I got sent home to recover. Have to redo the course next summer.
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobboHobbo View Post

pict0rez.
    xsbv.png
    Pic 1 - about 81 kg.
    pic 2 - 84 kg
    Thanks for the tips, I do need to keep up my water intake. And ya I squat as well. I do plan on changing it up, I think a good compound workout is a good base and place to start, I think you would agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Well at least you are getting there
    I tore my hamstring on course so I got sent home to recover. Have to redo the course next summer.
    Oh man what a bummer. How'd that happen? I'm assuming you are in full recovery mode >.>

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Just a bit of an update:

I'm at at a college right now raising some marks. Hoping to get into 2nd year engineering in January.

Been working out constantly and it is great. Yesterday I hit 260.5 lb deadlift! (only 1 rep but it was 5th set and it was clean). I am not on any supplements anymore (or protein powder).
    I started with this routine:
    here
    That was a great routine to get started on but my newest routine is as follows:

Monday: deadlift, front squats, hack squats, squats (not necessarily in that order)
    Tuesday: rockclimbing
    Wednesday: rest day
    Thursday: Monday
    Friday: Tuesday

It feels awesome to be adding weight to my deadlift every week!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Good on you man! Keep it up. It sounds like your really working hard on improving yourself! I like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

That's it buddy hit the gym hard and it feels great! Good luck with the engineering as well!

I've just bought a load of maxi muscle cyclone, on a wee bit of a bulk

How's your squat looking?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EngageTheRage View Post
    That's it buddy hit the gym hard and it feels great! Good luck with the engineering as well!

I've just bought a load of maxi muscle cyclone, on a wee bit of a bulk

How's your squat looking?
    Squat is ok...personally I don't really like squat but I think I got 4 reps of 205 lbs out last time. I skipped squat yesterday on my leg day hehehe. (regular squat that is)(what an awkward word...squat)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Hey dudes, thought I'd update this thread with some progress; finally been making some gains! After taking and finishing that creatine supplement my gains slowed and I wasn't gaining any weight. What has finally got me gaining is a mass builder (675 calories per scoop, 2 per day) to put into the positive calories per day. Just wasn't eating enough before. Anyways here's a pic:

Edit: also, I have been cleaning up my form quite a bit. I lowered my squat weight to 165 but now I squat to the floor and get 3 reps. Ive also changed my rep targets to 3-5 reps, leaning more towards 3 with final set usually being a 2 or 1 rep max.
    Also I've been watching Elliot Hulse on YouTube, the dude is an awesome inspiration.
    My main routines are now:
    Leg day:
    4-5 reps for 5 sets of squats (bum almost on the ground)
    7,5,3,3,2/1 trap bar deadlifts (the sides of your legs will explode and it hits your back nicely)
    Upper body:
    Weighted dips and pullups, 4 reps, 5 or more sets.
    Weighted situp twists: 25 lb plate and 24 reps (12 per side) I hate these but they cut you up.

Every time I'm in the gym though I try to do at least a couple sets of powercleans...and if ive gone too high in weight I do high pulls. Traps are starting to square up from this!
    Last edited by cause; 11-26-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Veryy nice! What mass builder are you using? And to get (arm) mass, should I do low rep high weight, or high rep low weight. My max weight that I can curl are 20's. (I'M WEAK IK!)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Veryy nice! What mass builder are you using? And to get (arm) mass, should I do low rep high weight, or high rep low weight. My max weight that I can curl are 20's. (I'M WEAK IK!)
    I can't remember the exact name but I just went into Popeye's and told them I wanted a mass gainer. Hey don't worry about it I could only curl 20s when I started! I think for mass you want to go for 8-12 reps basically put the muscle under tension for a decent period of time. I don't actually do straight arms though, I'm finding they come along nicely with the dips (triceps) and pull ups (biceps). I find a neutral grip chin up is a great compromise between back and bicep (palms facing inwards).
    Are you working out much Sin?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

I can't remember the exact name but I just went into Popeye's and told them I wanted a mass gainer. Hey don't worry about it I could only curl 20s when I started! I think for mass you want to go for 8-12 reps basically put the muscle under tension for a decent period of time. I don't actually do straight arms though, I'm finding they come along nicely with the dips (triceps) and pull ups (biceps). I find a neutral grip chin up is a great compromise between back and bicep (palms facing inwards).
    Are you working out much Sin?
    I go about 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Sometimes Sunday if I skipped a previous day.
    Monday: Biceps/Back
    Wednesday: Legs
    Friday: Triceps/Chest

And yeah, I go about 8 reps before taking a break. Tbh, I haven't really done Dips though... I usually do Triceps extensions as my main Tr'is activity.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    I go about 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Sometimes Sunday if I skipped a previous day.
    Monday: Biceps/Back
    Wednesday: Legs
    Friday: Triceps/Chest

And yeah, I go about 8 reps before taking a break. Tbh, I haven't really done Dips though... I usually do Triceps extensions as my main Tr'is activity.
    Tbh if I was you, I would only do compound movement exercises. This video inspired my routine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIko...e_gdata_player

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Dude nice job! I am very impressed, ive actually fallen off the weight wagon (Haven't lifted in a month) but I guess it is for the best been focusing on other pressing matters but time has opened up for me as well so I should be getting back into the swing of things real soon!

I am actually trying to cut down though so getting rid of this new found fat is my goal '

Good luck on other goals cause, looking good though!

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Dude nice job! I am very impressed, ive actually fallen off the weight wagon (Haven't lifted in a month) but I guess it is for the best been focusing on other pressing matters but time has opened up for me as well so I should be getting back into the swing of things real soon!

I am actually trying to cut down though so getting rid of this new found fat is my goal '

Good luck on other goals cause, looking good though!
    Thanks for the encouragement XoL!
    Btw, just finished day 2 of a battle ropes workout with a buddy...wow that is the most taxing workout you can possibly do! It's a really good burn.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Battle ropes, hmm never heard of it! Will look it upp

Oh god that looks like hell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18YTU-2Oz50

lol, props to you. I don't think I could last more than 5 minutes.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information