Thread: Seriously need help regarding my desktop and internet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Default Seriously need help regarding my desktop and internet!

Ok so about 2 months ago I spent 1,800$ and brought myself a new beasty computer which I put together myself, when I first booted it up the internet was a bit unstable but it soon adjusted and I was able to browse super fast and enjoy the net, this continued for while untill I first noticed my internet was disconnecting randomly while I was playing LoL, I thought it could have something to do with how many programs I was running that were connected to the internet so I closed them all, tried playing LoL and it still dced. In the end I closed everything on my computer and just tried to load Facebook, it loaded slowly and soon dced... This issue was tolerable for a while but now it is beyond a joke, I can't do shit on my 2 thousand dollar PC! I have no clue were to start, I have run various tests with other devices, my laptop which would be worth like 50$ loads facebook with the blink of an eye with 2 bars of internet in the same room as my desktop, my desktop have full bars but still dc's! Need help!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Have you tried any of these

1:Try uninstall yours drivers restart and try again

2:reset your router you can do this by simply unplug it for 10 seconds or if your lazy like me reset from the admin panel usually access using web browser at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

3:if using usb wireless stick try using different port I have had plenty of faulty usb ports.

4: try a wired connection
    If options 1-3 don't work and this does then its your wireless card contact the manufacturer with your problem.

Hope I was of some help and please post back with what you have found.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

For one thing, wireless for playing games it ususally considered something not to do. Have you tried plugging in a wire instead of using wireless? If the issue persits then it's probably a bad network port on your computer. Are you sure you have had no issues with the wifi in your house? I know I used to get this and replacing the wireless router fixed the issue.

E: Ninja'd

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CRU1Z1N View Post
    Have you tried any of these

1:Try uninstall yours drivers restart and try again

2:reset your router you can do this by simply unplug it for 10 seconds or if your lazy like me reset from the admin panel usually access using web browser at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

3:if using usb wireless stick try using different port I have had plenty of faulty usb ports.

4: try a wired connection
    If options 1-3 don't work and this does then its your wireless card contact the manufacturer with your problem.

Hope I was of some help and please post back with what you have found.
    I believe you forgot the "Try turning it off and on again" step.
    Also at OP, As stated in 4 and by hazzah, wired wired wired.

I see the advantages of wireless in laptops as they are portable and such (and you dont want to have to run a wire to the couch like you already have to do with the power), but for a stationary device get a wired connection.
    Now i realize older homes dont normally have cat5 cable ran, so its hard to get a wired connection, and i realize with newer homes, people were just like 'F it, wireless is the wave of the future' and stuff, but THEY WERE WRONG. Go to radio shack/wherever, buy 50 ft of cat5 and run it from your router to your room.
    For this you have 3 options (listed from easiest to hardest and ugliest to prettiest)
    1. Leave it lay on the floor, run it through doorways, tape it to the baseboard, etc.
    2. If you have HVAC ducts, run it through there. This is easy to do, but the vents usually come out in weird places.
    3. Run it through the walls. This is the hardest and unless youve done electrical work on a closed off wall before, i would advise against it. Although, This results in a very pretty product, no wires, etc.

So to recap. (tl;dr)
    WIRE THAT MOFO UP!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Do you have a spare laptop?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    I believe you forgot the "Try turning it off and on again" step.
    Also at OP, As stated in 4 and by hazzah, wired wired wired.

I see the advantages of wireless in laptops as they are portable and such (and you dont want to have to run a wire to the couch like you already have to do with the power), but for a stationary device get a wired connection.
    Now i realize older homes dont normally have cat5 cable ran, so its hard to get a wired connection, and i realize with newer homes, people were just like 'F it, wireless is the wave of the future' and stuff, but THEY WERE WRONG. Go to radio shack/wherever, buy 50 ft of cat5 and run it from your router to your room.
    For this you have 3 options (listed from easiest to hardest and ugliest to prettiest)
    1. Leave it lay on the floor, run it through doorways, tape it to the baseboard, etc.
    2. If you have HVAC ducts, run it through there. This is easy to do, but the vents usually come out in weird places.
    3. Run it through the walls. This is the hardest and unless youve done electrical work on a closed off wall before, i would advise against it. Although, This results in a very pretty product, no wires, etc.

So to recap. (tl;dr)
    WIRE THAT MOFO UP!
    Thats a lot of effort, if you are willing to spend about $30-60(depending on speed and stability), you can get something that uses your home's electrical system to send a stable internet signal, basically you have 2 plugs with a Lan port in both, providing that both plugs share the same earth wire- it should unless its on a closed off system, then you have just run a virtual Lan cable through your house within the time it takes you to plug 2 plugs into sockets and wire the network cable from your router and pc to the Plugs.

this is called powerline communication if you want to look into it

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enslaved View Post
    Thats a lot of effort, if you are willing to spend about $30-60(depending on speed and stability), you can get something that uses your home's electrical system to send a stable internet signal, basically you have 2 plugs with a Lan port in both, providing that both plugs share the same earth wire- it should unless its on a closed off system, then you have just run a virtual Lan cable through your house within the time it takes you to plug 2 plugs into sockets and wire the network cable from your router and pc to the Plugs.

this is called powerline communication if you want to look into it
    Ohhh yeah theres that too. Forgot about those things.
    I always found those interesting, but never looked into them as i felt they would be prone to interference. They solely communicate through the ground wire?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

uses a modulated carrier signal through the live/neutral wire, but needs to share the same earth for obvious reasons

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Oh I call them phonelinks. I have those and that's how I get my PS3's internet.

These things?>

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

If your internet is working fine on all your other devices, then maybe you have a faulty motherboard? i'm guessing your using the integrated network interface device on the motherboard. If you want to be sure about your motherboard buy a PCIe NIC, plug it in, install the drivers and see if your network improves. if it does, them my guess is your motherboard is faulty. i would return under the garentee or just settle with using the NIC. i would personally return as your paying extra for something that broken.

If your using wireless then im fairly certain if your using a wireless card / usb then its broken. i would replace.

Thread Information