Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Simba 1.0] SRL-OSR / SPS-OSR / SMART 8.3

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Default [Simba 1.0] SRL-OSR / SPS-OSR / SMART 8.3

Hey there! Recently Simba was updated to 1.0 and this put many scripts, which depended on the SRL-OSR include, on hold. So after a bit of modifying I've updated the current SRL-OSR to run smoothly with the newest Simba with Lape. Also, thank to the generous help of Olly and Coh3n I've also managed have SPS, once again, working for OSRS via Simba 1.0.

Now please note that even though the include is up and running it's still in desperate need of an overhaul and truly should be re-written in proper Lape format; an OSR-equivalent of SRL-6 if you will. But until then you can use this include to run your scripts.

• This include is not official nor permanent
    • If your script uses SMART functions/procedures (like drawing & reflection) then you will need to modify your script accordingly
    • This requires Simba 1.0, all updated plugins/extensions (including SMART 8.3) and will only run in Lape

An example of drawing on SMART (before):
    Simba Code:
    SMART_DrawBoxEx(True, False, b, clRed);
    Now:
    Simba Code:
    OS_SMART.__Graphics.DrawBox(b, false, clRed);

OS_SMART is defined as your current "TSmart" paired with your running script and __Graphics is the canvas associated to it, this is defined as "TGraphics" and all functions/procedures for TGraphics can be found in Graphics.simba (SRL-OSR/SRL/misc/Graphics.simba).

This include also uses Brandon's updated Smart.simba, Graphics.simba, and Internals.simba. These files are included automatically when you call "{$DEFINE SMART}"

http://uppit.com/oj9tyb60mixb/SPS-OSR.simba Place in Includes > SPS folder

Don't forget to turn your interpreters to Lape! (Script > Interpreter > Lape)

Edit:
    • Player logging in fixed
    • World-hopping fixed
    • Updated to handle the newest bank changes

-Installing-

Step 1: Download the attached SRL-OSR.zip (attached to the bottom of this post)

Step 2: Extract SRL-OSR.zip in the "Includes" folder, as shown below:

Step 3: Load Simba and set your Interpreter to Lape as shown below:

Done!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Flight; 10-25-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

I could fix srl-osr to work with simba 1.00 + smart 8.3 if people want that..? (on github)

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    I could fix srl-osr to work with simba 1.00 + smart 8.3 if people want that..? (on github)
    As long as we're using those 3 files from Brandon's GLX include (Smart.simba / Graphics.simba / Internals.simba). But if we're going to update SRL-OSR to run with Simba 1.0 & Lape then perhaps it's time we redid it in the style of SRL-6.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    As long as we're using those 3 files from Brandon's GLX include (Smart.simba / Graphics.simba / Internals.simba). But if we're going to update SRL-OSR to run with Simba 1.0 & Lape then perhaps it's time we redid it in the style of SRL-6.
    If we're redoing SRL-OSR, we should remake it for Lape.

I'd actually help with that one.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NKN View Post
    If we're redoing SRL-OSR, we should remake it for Lape.

I'd actually help with that one.
    That's the plan. What I posted above compiles and runs in Lape, but it's still formatted incorrectly and such. The only thing right about it is the 3 files from Brandon's include.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

That's the plan. What I posted above compiles and runs in Lape, but it's still formatted incorrectly and such. The only thing right about it is the 3 files from Brandon's include.
    So we got two votes for redoing it.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

I'm down to help re-write. Got nothing better to do atm.. Also.. For the OP Post, you don't need the __ just so you know. Same for width and height and all that. Internals can probably be deleted with a couple modifications.

OS_Smart.graphics().drawBox is fine. Anything with an __ before its name in SRL-6 or any includes is usually a variable or function for internal use.

But yeah. I'm down to help on this re-write. Where is the git? :S
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'm down to help re-write. Got nothing better to do atm.. Also.. For the OP Post, you don't need the __ just so you know. Same for width and height and all that. Internals can probably be deleted with a couple modifications.

OS_Smart.graphics().drawBox is fine. Anything with an __ before its name in SRL-6 or any includes is usually a variable or function for internal use.

But yeah. I'm down to help on this re-write. Where is the git? :S
    I'm pretty sure I tried OS_SMART.Graphics().stuff and it didn't work; perhaps I simply didn't have SMART's debug enabled at that time. There's a handful of functions I like from Internals.simba so I decided just to keep that along with Graphics.simba also.

AFAIK there's no git for this yet. Should anyone start one up I'll be happy to work on files individually and just pass them along to whomever is maintaining the git, since I've never used Github before.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

:s Why not use the srl-6 ones? I would rather keep things consistent throughout includes.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

:s Why not use the srl-6 ones? I would rather keep things consistent throughout includes.
    Good idea, just make a copy of SRL-6 and modify it for OSRS. I've never even looked at SRL-6 yet but I hope it won't require too much work. Perhaps tonight or tomorrow I'll give it a try.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)

Good idea, just make a copy of SRL-6 and modify it for OSRS. I've never even looked at SRL-6 yet but I hope it won't require too much work. Perhaps tonight or tomorrow I'll give it a try.
    Rename "SRL-6" repo to "SRL", branch master to "OSR" and "SRL-6", =P

I could even create a SRL-5 branch with SRL-5's code. >..> (just to keep a nice history)

Dg's Small Procedures | IRC Quotes
    Thank Wishlah for my nice new avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [22:12:05] <Dgby714> Im agnostic
    [22:12:36] <Blumblebee> :O ...you can read minds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I uninstalled my Simba and everything and just reinstalled it due to an earlier issue which is now fixed thanks to Dgby, I placed SRL-OSR in my includes, and I'm trying to place my SPS-OSR in my includes > SPS folder but I don't seem to have one. Should I make one or is there something I'm missing here?

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Pk View Post
    I uninstalled my Simba and everything and just reinstalled it due to an earlier issue which is now fixed thanks to Dgby, I placed SRL-OSR in my includes, and I'm trying to place my SPS-OSR in my includes > SPS folder but I don't seem to have one. Should I make one or is there something I'm missing here?
    You'll need to have Simba download & install the basic SPS. To do this first go to "View > Extensions" and make sure "srl.sex" is enabled, when it is you'll have a new tab near the top of Simba for SPS. Click on it, "Check for update", let it download & finish, then restart Simba.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

You'll need to have Simba download & install the basic SPS. To do this first go to "View > Extensions" and make sure "srl.sex" is enabled, when it is you'll have a new tab near the top of Simba for SPS. Click on it, "Check for update", let it download & finish, then restart Simba.
    Thank you! You're the best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Maybe my head its half in the clouds, but the older OSR scripts are not working anymore.

This new version, might be more helpful in the future, but after It updated the SRL, SPS, nothing seems to work anymore.

I tried to reinstall everything from scratch, and combined some things in hope that will work, haven't been succesful.

Its there any quick fix?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnReaL69 View Post
    Maybe my head its half in the clouds, but the older OSR scripts are not working anymore.

This new version, might be more helpful in the future, but after It updated the SRL, SPS, nothing seems to work anymore.

I tried to reinstall everything from scratch, and combined some things in hope that will work, haven't been succesful.

Its there any quick fix?
    You'd have to change the code around slightly so it uses SRL 6 and SMART 8.3 which I honestly don't know how to do. But I know that much. Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

I tried to install this a few times i get:
    Unknown declaration "clWhite" at line 58, column 23 in file "C:\Simba1.0\Includes\SRL-OSR\SRL\core\globals.simba"
    Every time i include SRL, are the smart.simba and graphics.simba something i need to download too?
    Hey everyone! Check out my Giant Boner!
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    This is the best name for a script that I have ever seen in my entire life. You sir, are a professional scripter in my eyes.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khp View Post
    I tried to install this a few times i get:
    Unknown declaration "clWhite" at line 58, column 23 in file "C:\Simba1.0\Includes\SRL-OSR\SRL\core\globals.simba"
    Every time i include SRL, are the smart.simba and graphics.simba something i need to download too?
    You don't need to include either of those, just define SMART and they're automatically included, like so:
    Simba Code:
    program Script;
    {$DEFINE SMART}

{$i SRL-OSR/SRL.Simba}
    {$i SRL-OSR/SRL/misc/AL_Functions.simba}

{$i SPS/SPS-OSR.simba}

begin
      setupSRL();
    end.

That's all you need.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

You don't need to include either of those, just define SMART and they're automatically included, like so:
    Simba Code:
    program Script;
    {$DEFINE SMART}

{$i SRL-OSR/SRL.Simba}
    {$i SRL-OSR/SRL/misc/AL_Functions.simba}

{$i SPS/SPS-OSR.simba}

begin
      setupSRL();
    end.

That's all you need.

Awesome, thanks man!
    This is the best name for a script that I have ever seen in my entire life. You sir, are a professional scripter in my eyes.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Updated the OP with a fixed world-hopper and correct world-choosing routines. I also uploaded SRL-OSR directly to the post rather than a 3rd party website.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Its amazing that you still have so much enthusiasm for oldschool rs, can't even be bothered to log in to bot .

great work all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Sorry for spamming your thread up with all my problems, but When i try to add a path to my script i get:

ExceptionType is not supported in Lape
    ExceptionParam is not supported in Lape
    SPS_MergeAreas ERROR: erCustomError
    Exception in Script: Runtime error: "Access violation" at line 613, column 20 in file "C:\Simba1.0\Includes\SPS\SPS-OSR.simba"

Here is my path:
    Simba Code:
    procedure WalkBank;
    Var
    MyPath
    :TPointArray;
    begin
    SPS_Setup(runescape_surface, ['4_6', '4_7', '5_6', '5_7']);
    myPath := [Point(2234, 3068), Point(2208, 3049), Point(2200, 3027), Point(2197, 3008), Point(2208, 2996), Point(2208, 2996), Point(2184, 3016), Point(2165, 2999)];
    SPS_WalkPath(myPath);
    end;

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khp View Post
    Sorry for spamming your thread up with all my problems, but When i try to add a path to my script i get:

ExceptionType is not supported in Lape
    ExceptionParam is not supported in Lape
    SPS_MergeAreas ERROR: erCustomError
    Exception in Script: Runtime error: "Access violation" at line 613, column 20 in file "C:\Simba1.0\Includes\SPS\SPS-OSR.simba"

Here is my path:
    Simba Code:
    procedure WalkBank;
    Var
    MyPath
    :TPointArray;
    begin
    SPS_Setup(runescape_surface, ['4_6', '4_7', '5_6', '5_7']);
    myPath := [Point(2234, 3068), Point(2208, 3049), Point(2200, 3027), Point(2197, 3008), Point(2208, 2996), Point(2208, 2996), Point(2184, 3016), Point(2165, 2999)];
    SPS_WalkPath(myPath);
    end;
    There shouldn't still be an SPS access violation error, that was correctly and the version I uploaded to the OP is fixed. ...you did use the SPS uploaded to the OP right? Make sure your plugins are the absolute newest.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

There shouldn't still be an SPS access violation error, that was correctly and the version I uploaded to the OP is fixed. ...you did use the SPS uploaded to the OP right? Make sure your plugins are the absolute newest.
    I got all the files from this post installed, no plugin updates still getting the same error = / What is OP, original post??
    I have 2 simba installs one is /simba and one is /simbanew could that have something to do with this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

I just deleted both my old simba installs and did a fresh reinstall, still getting the same error every time my scripts gets to walking a path..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information