61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Default [SRL-6] bonsaiFighter

Combat leveling script
    Melee/Range/Magic

99s reported:
    I gave up tracking them! Here were the realy ones:
    @nutta124 @Mantasx27 @uhit @everve @Note @jarofhearts @Cyanempire @ayzee5793

Features:

• Autodetects and autocolors NPCs
    • Motion detection mode
    • Left or right click support to initiate fight.
    • Food support. Will log out before letting you die.
    • Autoupdater
    • Antiban
    • Basic break system so you can set time periods for regular breaks.
    • On-screen and debug window progress reports.
    • Pre-targets next npc while fighting

Requirements:

You need a functional setup with current software (Simba 1.x, SMART 8.X, SRL-6)

You need to use the player manager to add your character to a players file. The player manager is on the simba menu under srl->player manager.

Installing:

Download the installer at the bottom of this post.

Run this installer script and it will download the most current package. The installer will delete itself when done. You will end up with bonsaiFighter.simba in your SIMBADIR/scripts folder. It will also install library files in SIMBADIR/includes/bonsai

EOC Abilities:

The player form has a field manualAbilities. My current recommendation is to set this to False and use the Runescape combat mode "revolution". This will automatically use your abilities without the script needing to do anything.

If you set manualAbilities to True the script will use abilities on your visible ability bar. It uses the first 9 slots from RIGHT to LEFT. If you place basic skills on the left, threshold in the middle, and ultimate on the right, it will use the ultimate and threshold when they are ready.

In-game setup:

Make sure your interface settings have Always show target information checked.

Locate your character in the room you will be fighting in with a weapon in hand. You should be zoomed all the way out (smallest view of yourself).

If you want food support, have the food in your inventory. Set the food to one of the open taskbar slots. When you run the script, make sure the food key is set to the key to activate this slot.

Example setup:

Note:
    • A: If you grab the key you can move this up here out of the way. It helps keep the screen clear.
    • B: Put your XP thing here. I don't use it yet but many scripts do and I will at some point
    • C: Get this button out of the way
    • D: Notice the food is on the '=' key

You can use the fighter as an include so you can make your own custom fighter/looter!

Here is a sample that fights a few crawling corpses. You need a color file from the fighter that matches the name on the npc in the code.

Simba Code:
    program corpseTorso;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$include_once srl-6/srl.simba}
    {$include_once bonsai/blCombat.simba}

var
       ccTorso: Tnpc;
       i: integer;

begin
       SetupSRL();
       ccTorso.init('crawling-corpse-torso', true);

for i := 0 to 5 do
       begin
          combatMgr.attack(ccTorso, true {wait until dead},
             nil {use default foodhandler}, MOUSE_RIGHT);
          sleep(5000);
       end;
    end.

Known bugs / issues:

• Be patient with the coloring. It takes time to decide
    • You can't fight NPCs that are over your level
    • If it can't find enough colors to start fighting, try zooming in a little to get more detail. Remove the (bad) color file from your early attempts.

Improvements to be made:

• CTS2 color mode
    • Form. Needs tabs. Human style breaking needs to be put in.
    • Many others...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Since the script will autoupdate your changes can get overwritten. The updater will save previous versions to FILENAME.simba.bak

If you don't migrate your changes before two updates you will lose them!! It's a good idea to save your entries somewhere.

Progress reported:

Code:
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////       Bonsai       ////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////       Fighter      ////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////       _______      ////////////////////////////////////////
    //////////                                                                                //////////
    //////////  Script runtime:                                                               //////////
    //////////       15 hr 52 min 54 sec(Total) 15 hr 52 min 54 sec(Active) 0 sec(Break)      //////////
    //////////                                                                                //////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////        Kills       ////////////////////////////////////////
    //////////                             Total        Per Hour    /Hour Active              //////////
    //////////               NOTE          7,920          498.69          498.69              //////////
    //////////                XP       2,727,648      171,747.59      171,747.59              //////////
    //////////          Const XP         899,712       56,650.77       56,650.77              //////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Credits:

@Camel - StarPaint debug
    @Cyanempire - Testing, User assistance, color files
    @Clarity - Jsons, web lookup for XP

Color files:

Installer:
    Last edited by bonsai; 12-30-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Fight Detectors

99% of the problems with the sctipt are that it is hard to detect some of the fight indicators. The script might be run anywhere with any background mess. Various game doodads covers things briefly. Other people might be running around, popups, etc. It's pretty difficult to find things that work in every case.

This script uses a variety of detectors and decides on fight status depending on the results. Here's what those icons mean when you are fighting:

• A - The gold lock on the enemy target popup
    • B - The health bar over your head
    • C - The adrenaline bar over your head
    • D - The text area of the popup
    • E - The yellow circle of someone attacking you (THIS ONE IS WORKING POORLY)
    • F - The red circle around your target NPC
    • G - Detects enemy death from the '0' in the popup. This never turns yellow since the program flashes them all red when this happens!!
    • H - If this is green, the program thinks it is in a fight.

Here's another view if it helps. You can't see the gold lock, but you know what it is:

Every time an enemy dies you should see the icons flash red. If this is not happening the DTM needs to be worked on. The program works a lot worse if this one is not working correctly.
    Last edited by bonsai; 10-12-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Congrats on the (re)release!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Nice work on this. Tested it out on giant rats... The color choice was less than ideal but once i corrected it with ACA everything ran smoothly. Once i got the colors correct left click worked reasonably well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I'm having difficulty at flesh crawlers. It finds the first one just fine, and initiates combat but after that the screen just rotates and nothing else happens.
    Last edited by sharkbaits; 11-09-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbaits View Post
    I'm having difficulty at flesh crawlers. It finds the first one just fine, and initiates combat but after that the screen just rotates and nothing else happens.
    I just retried them and it was finding them ok here. BTW, there's a bunch of people that bot those rooms. I noticed that when I was testing and just had a hard time finding somewhere quiet to try. I ran a 6 hour test in the northeast room a couple of weeks ago

Maybe the color isn't working well for you. You can use ACA to pick a new one and edit the entry in SIMBADIR/includes/bonsai/libnpc.simba (use CTS 2).

You can uncomment the {$DEFINE DEBUG_ON} line at the top of bonsaiFighter.simba and it will generate lots of info about what it's doing.

If it's spinning around that pretty much tells me that it's not finding anything to fight.

Did you set it to left click? If so, try it with right click.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Alright, I'll try the things you said. I originally was using right click but after that did the same thing I just started going through things I could change. Thank you for your input and I'll try it, it's very helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

I've been having some trouble getting the script to run for long periods of time...

I've turned on debug and the few lines i see after the program has stopped is
    ***** Health check returning 55 percent
    ***** Identified 1 potential targets, trying to initiate fight
    ***** Fight initiated
    ***** Logging player in

not sure what to make of that

edit:
    oh and another crash but this one i found the cause

sometimes you will do something like hover over the buttons to switch the action bar. This covers up the health meter, so the script thinks you have a health% in the single digits.
    Last edited by freeplay; 11-12-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freeplay View Post
    I've been having some trouble getting the script to run for long periods of time...

I've turned on debug and the few lines i see after the program has stopped is
    ***** Health check returning 55 percent
    ***** Identified 1 potential targets, trying to initiate fight
    ***** Fight initiated
    ***** Logging player in

not sure what to make of that

edit:
    oh and another crash but this one i found the cause

sometimes you will do something like hover over the buttons to switch the action bar. This covers up the health meter, so the script thinks you have a health% in the single digits.
    update posted. probably not perfect yet but should help with these issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

hmmmm....

now the script ends as soon as my client loads, without trying to log in
    not sure, maybe something is wrong with my setup

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

I probably borked it. I know I used the copy I posted the other day after I figured out why it was saying not logged in so much. But I may have used it only when already logged in.

Can't test today. I think I got banned, login not working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

sorry about the ban.

Take your time with the fix.

Edit:
    hey look at that it works, your code is fine.
    I'm just an idiot who botched it by accident.
    Last edited by freeplay; 11-16-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

[Error] C:\Simba\Scripts\bonsaiFighterInstall.simba(35:11) : Duplicate identifier 'TUPDATER' at line 35
    Compiling failed.
    Keeps giving me this error, I've tried scanning through and also commenting out different sections.Still keeps giving me this error. Not very sure what to do?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by almost1monkey View Post
    [Error] C:\Simba\Scripts\bonsaiFighterInstall.simba(35:11) : Duplicate identifier 'TUPDATER' at line 35
    Compiling failed.
    Keeps giving me this error, I've tried scanning through and also commenting out different sections.Still keeps giving me this error. Not very sure what to do?
    I think you have your interpreter set to pascalscript. Use script->interpreter->lape

This is a script for SRL6/RS3 so it uses lape.

I'm planning on working on this some more this week. Made a couple of tweaks, added a secondary method of finding the in-fight popup. I need to level a new character so I'll try to get some hours on it before I post it. the other script I was working on got me spanked so I gotta chill out on that anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Yeah you're right, almost as soon as I posted it I thought "You're running this in pascal dummy" Thank you haha and that sounds awesome. I haven't done any scripting in years but I just recently started back up into RS and there aren't very many out there so I might as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It's actually getting hung up after logging my player in, it chooses the correct world and then just sits there still waiting for the login even though it's already done. Any suggestion? I've made sure to edit everything I needed to as well.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Not a proper answer but you could try logging in first then running the script.

If you uncomment the {$DEFINE DEBUG_ON} line at the top of bonsaiFighter.simba it will generate lots of output so it would be easier to see where it's bugging up. Sounds like the player.login() isn't returning from the symptoms.

If you search for disableSRLDebug you can change the 'true' to 'false' (or just uncomment it). Then you'll get SRL debug printing in the same window with the script debug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    Not a proper answer but you could try logging in first then running the script.

If you uncomment the {$DEFINE DEBUG_ON} line at the top of bonsaiFighter.simba it will generate lots of output so it would be easier to see where it's bugging up. Sounds like the player.login() isn't returning from the symptoms.

If you search for disableSRLDebug you can change the 'true' to 'false' (or just uncomment it). Then you'll get SRL debug printing in the same window with the script debug.
    Alright so I checked the debug and this is what it's giving me.
    ---- WARNING: Unknown color count: 777
    ---- HINT: Please report this issue in the SRL bugs section of the forum
    ------ Saving screenshot: unknown_login_count.png
    ---- Login response: One minute as passed...
    ------ All players inactive...
    -- TPlayer.login(): False
    I'm not exactly sure what to do about that
    I figured out what the issue was. It could not detect my player when I was down in the level with catablepons. I moved to flesh crawlers and its working now.
    Last edited by almost1monkey; 11-20-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey I need some help! When I run the script it stops by itself after opening SMART and I'm left with this:

Code:
    Exception in Script: Runtime error: "Access violation" at line 394, column 33
    The following bitmaps were not freed: [SMART Debug Image]
    File[C:\Users\Sony\Desktop\Simba\Includes\SRL-6/logs/SRL log (20-11-13 at 12.11.10 AM).txt] has not been freed in the script, freeing it now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

I believe that line is setupSRL() so you're not even getting launched. You should have debug output in SIMBADIR/include/srl-6/logs

Are you able to run a simple shell?

Simba Code:
    program new;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$i srl-6/srl.simba}

begin
      clearDebug();
      setupSRL();
    end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Why doesn't the script start? It just keep saying this?

---- Waiting up to 5 minutes for RS to load...
    ---- 1 minute(s) have passed, client is not ready yet
    ---- 2 minute(s) have passed, client is not ready yet
    ---- 3 minute(s) have passed, client is not ready yet

I already tried logging in so it doesn't have to log my account in. It seems it doesn't recognize SMART. But it already said this in Debug Box so..

-------- Found 1 free client(s), attempting to pair to one...
    ---------- smartSetAsTarget(): Succesfully set SMART[6272] as Simba's target
    -------- Succesfully paired to a existing client, SMART[6272]
    ------ smartPairToExistingClient(): result = true
    ------ Succesfully initialized via pairing to a previously spawned client
    ---- initSmart()
    ------ smartSetupDrawing(): Succesfully setup SMART drawing

http://i.imgur.com/KxnCrsV.png
    I think the fact that the internal color data capture is disabled makes the S.M.A.R.T client non interactive? How do I enable it? Thanks!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gorouchan View Post
    Why doesn't the script start? It just keep saying this?

---- Waiting up to 5 minutes for RS to load...
    ---- 1 minute(s) have passed, client is not ready yet

I think the fact that the internal color data capture is disabled makes the S.M.A.R.T client non interactive?
    SRL isn't recognizing that RS loaded in the smart window.

I would use the test script in the post above yours until it works ok.

Make sure you followed everything in the setup guide, expecially setting up your graphic settings like brightness, opengl, etc.

The internal color thing is normal. Here's what mine looks like on a good launch.

smart.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Do you have any idea why I keep re updating SRL and SPS?

I mean,
    Update> Finished Updating> Close Simba> Reopen Simba> The SRL and SPS menus are gone from the tool bar. And this happened more than 5 times already. I kept updating and updating whenever I reopen Simba, the SRL and SPS menus are gone then when I try to enable them, there will be an update available. It's truly annoying. I believe the reason why the script doesn't work is because of this.

Your script seems to disable the SRL and SPS. O.o
    http://i.imgur.com/DVdmQO0.png

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

The script isn't doing that to you. I'm not sure what would cause that but it's an issue with simba/extensions. I remember some posts about people losing extensions a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember seeing a solution on why it happened.

I did a new simba install on a clean machine yesterday and everything went ok. I did have to force a simba update the first time I ran it and say yes to the question about "you already have the current version, you sure you want to update".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

My first 6+ hour run with this script

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.· ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯` ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ( )\ ) ) )
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ( )\ ) ( (()/( ( ( ( ( /( ( /( ( (
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ )((_) ( ( ( ( /( )\ /(_)) )\ )\))( )\()) )\()) ))\ )(
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ((_)_ )\ )\ ) )\ )(_))((_) (_))_|((_)((_))\ ((_)\ (_))/ /((_)(()\
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ | _ ) ((_) _(_/( ((_)((_)_ (_) | |_ (_) (()(_)| |(_)| |_ (_)) ((_)
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ | _ \/ _ \| ' \))(_-</ _` | | | | __| | |/ _` | | ' \ | _|/ -_) | '_|
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ |___/\___/|_||_| /__/\__,_| |_| |_| |_|\__, | |_||_| \__|\___| |_|
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ |___/
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ Script runtime:
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸ 6 hr 54 min 29 sec(Total) 6 hr 21 min 15 sec(Active) 33 min 13 sec(Break)
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.· ´¯`·.¸¸ KILLS ¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸
    Last edited by freeplay; 11-23-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information