Thread: SRL-6 Switching to Fixed Screen (as of 22-11-2013)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Default SRL-6 Switching to Fixed Screen (as of 22-11-2013)

Following this thread, we have decided to indeed switch to the fixed screen size. We have decided to do this for many reasons:

1. Less buggy.
    2. With our current "staff", coding a working dynamic SRL just isn't feasible.
    3. User setup goes from >9000 steps down to 3.
    4. Faster (although not really noticeable).
    5. Much easier to expand the library.
    6. Much easier to script with.
    7. All users won't be using the exact same "resizable mode" client size, they'll be using a default Jagex size.

To scripters: The update will not cause compiling errors, however, depending on how your script was coded, you may need to update some coodinates. If you require a specific screen size, you'll likely have to update. In this case, we highly recommend you download the fixed screen version of SRL-6 here, and update your script before the 22nd. In most cases, you won't have anything to worry about, but you should take a look just in case.

If you have any questions or concerns, please post here.

Thanks,
    The SRL Development Team

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Not bad aye (MMToMS)

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post

Not bad aye (MMToMS)
    Nice using zoomed out angle high only?
    Last edited by Olly; 11-20-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: woopies

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    Nice using zoomed out angle high only?
    Yea, Im not a math wizard i just messed around with narcles stuff...

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Yea, Im not a math wizard i just messed around with narcles stuff...
    No that's cool - still awesome I was just making sure

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

self plug

Wanna try a script already updated for fixed mode: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106737

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I wish you guys had stuck with resizable to a certain extent.. The map, inventory and chat should all be resizable, keep the fixed SMART resolution. With map-resizing you can have one-click banking scripts and you can still auto-detect the map window size because interface border colours do not change. The chat window does nothing but get in the way of object-finding, I usually make this as small as possible. You can have a relatively simple, yet custom setup if you stick to broader rules (eg. OSR style, map always at top-right and inventory below)..

Congrats on the decision.. At least there will be a more uniform way to make scripts for rs3 with this announcement..
    I hope it's not too detectable having all macro users use a "default" interface setup, and I certainly hope that SRL's development starts making huge strides now that you have made things so easy for yourself.
    Last edited by KM_01; 11-23-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KM_01 View Post
    I wish you guys had stuck with resizable to a certain extent.. The map, inventory and chat should all be resizable, keep the fixed SMART resolution. With map-resizing you can have one-click banking scripts and you can still auto-detect the map window size because interface border colours do not change. The chat window does nothing but get in the way of object-finding, I usually make this as small as possible. You can have a relatively simple, yet custom setup if you stick to broader rules (eg. OSR style, map always at top-right and inventory below)..

Congrats on the decision.. At least there will be a more uniform way to make scripts for rs3 with this announcement..
    I hope it's not too detectable having all macro users use a "default" interface setup, and I certainly hope that SRL's development starts making huge strides now that you have made things so easy for yourself.
    This was the plan and the original intent with SRL-6, but we haven't coded it yet. It's just too much to code compared to our current SRL Developers and the time we have.
    Feel free to start coding for us; until then we'll have to stick to one, organized setup.

Thread Information