Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the future of srl stats?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Default What is the future of srl stats?

Hello.

So what exactly is the reason srl stats don't currently work? I've heard that it's server is full of data?
    And what is the future of the srl stats?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

As far as I know, it's because the server is full. Unless we reset everything (which I'm not sure @Wizzup? wants to do), we need a new server.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

From what I understood, it's because so many scripts hit Integer.MaxValue and we needed to change our stored values to Longs instead. However, if we could get someone to graciously host it, we could write a new SRL stats.

Hmm... To shoot a few names out that I think have servers that may or may not be available...
    @J J; I think you even wanted to do a .NET web project, and this is the perfect chance that I could even help with.
    @The Killer;
    @BMWxi;
    @Zyt3x; Ditto on what I said to JJ.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    From what I understood, it's because so many scripts hit Integer.MaxValue and we needed to change our stored values to Longs instead. However, if we could get someone to graciously host it, we could write a new SRL stats.

Hmm... To shoot a few names out that I think have servers that may or may not be available...
    @J J; I think you even wanted to do a .NET web project, and this is the perfect chance that I could even help with.
    @The Killer;
    @BMWxi;
    I have two dedi's which I use for botting. If you want to use mine I'm happy to let you as long as it doesn't use much cpu :/ (everything else has a fair amount of space for you)

http://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/ks2.xml <- the dedi, it has 90-100mb/s up and down
    Running debian wheezy I think. @Coh3n;

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

@The Killer;
    @BMWxi;
    Although I have srlbmwxi.tk, I don't know if it would be sufficient to host SRL stats. I also can't make any guarantees about it's reliability either unfortunately.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

@The Killer;
    @BMWxi;
    Yeah I think we hit the limit on a few things. I learned some PHP a while ago to keep track of my script usage: http://obduro.org/scriptstats.html

I wouldn't make it in .NET but PHP or even Java Servlets as we learned about those :P PHP would probably be the fastest to make.

I can definately help but I'm pretty busy. Xmas holiday is coming up though but I got a lot planned there already :P

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    Yeah I think we hit the limit on a few things. I learned some PHP a while ago to keep track of my script usage: http://obduro.org/scriptstats.html

I wouldn't make it in .NET but PHP or even Java Servlets as we learned about those :P PHP would probably be the fastest to make.

I can definately help but I'm pretty busy. Xmas holiday is coming up though but I got a lot planned there already :P
    I can't say I'm familiar with web development outside .NET, sooooo...

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer View Post
    I have two dedi's which I use for botting. If you want to use mine I'm happy to let you as long as it doesn't use much cpu :/ (everything else has a fair amount of space for you)

http://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/ks2.xml <- the dedi, it has 90-100mb/s up and down
    Running debian wheezy I think. @Coh3n;
    I don't think we'll need to pay for a new one. I'll talk to Wizzup? a bit and see what he thinks.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    I don't think we'll need to pay for a new one. I'll talk to Wizzup? a bit and see what he thinks.
    Think there was some spare money according to @Wizzup?; that could be used towards a fast server.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    Think there was some spare money according to @Wizzup?; that could be used towards a fast server.
    The problem is integer size, just got confirmation from Wizzup?.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Which can be fixed by using Longs or Doubles.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Ahh ok, but if its a case of needing a extra server, you can use mine aslong as it isn't cpu heavy...
    (I should keep mine for the next 3+ months )

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

@grats?

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

https://github.com/MerlijnWajer/SRL-Stats

il leave it with you.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Let's hope it's that simple. I'll try to talk to Wizzup? more about it, see if it can be done easily.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    I don't know python, but I'll legitimately start looking into it starting tomorrow.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

I think that if the SRL stats were to be hosted, it should be hosted on one of the vservers inside nala, that way we know it's going to be secure and stable (Wizzup?'s server)

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

I don't know python, but I'll legitimately start looking into it starting tomorrow.
    I would have to reinvestigate. But there were a few issues. Maybe I already fixed some. In no particular order:
    • Updating the cache with a full table scan became infeasible due to the size. So now it's done incrementally, this may be buggy.
    • The sum of commits/minutes is too large to fit in the cache table.
    • ...?

I would prefer to reset the DB and start from scratch. Makes it more fun, too.

Justin, they are already in a vserver @ nala.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

A reset would be better than nothing. I don't think it helped that we had an Anonymous user that was used by virtually every user.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

A reset would be better than nothing. I don't think it helped that we had an Anonymous user that was used by virtually every user.
    Maybe have the historical data saved somewhere though? Be a shame to lose it, tells a story!

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Yes, the anonymous user was quite annoying. Although I feel forcing every single new user to create a stats account is somewhat of a burden. Wouldn't it be much easier if you could somehow use your SRL un/pw? Or is this too risky/hard?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Yes, the anonymous user was quite annoying. Although I feel forcing every single new user to create a stats account is somewhat of a burden. Wouldn't it be much easier if you could somehow use your SRL un/pw? Or is this too risky/hard?
    I also would like it if srl stats were linked to the forum account, but I'm not sure if it could be done safely.

What do people who are more experienced in this think?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzup? View Post
    I would have to reinvestigate. But there were a few issues. Maybe I already fixed some. In no particular order:
    • Updating the cache with a full table scan became infeasible due to the size. So now it's done incrementally, this may be buggy.
    • The sum of commits/minutes is too large to fit in the cache table.
    • ...?

I would prefer to reset the DB and start from scratch. Makes it more fun, too.

Justin, they are already in a vserver @ nala.
    I've already started rewriting Stats as a .NET web-app as that should increase ease of feature extension and maintainability in the future. I've ran into snags as there will always be, however, it's definitely coming along. If you'd be willing to host it on the same old vserver of old, that would be great. If not, I'm sure I can find somewhere else to host it and get everything up and running again.

Hopefully with the .NET direction, I'll be able to add some better GUI functionality and graphs for scripts/users.

And since I'm doing this... Are there any bits of functionality anyone ever wanted in Stats?

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

I've already started rewriting Stats as a .NET web-app as that should increase ease of feature extension and maintainability in the future. I've ran into snags as there will always be, however, it's definitely coming along. If you'd be willing to host it on the same old vserver of old, that would be great. If not, I'm sure I can find somewhere else to host it and get everything up and running again.

Hopefully with the .NET direction, I'll be able to add some better GUI functionality and graphs for scripts/users.

And since I'm doing this... Are there any bits of functionality anyone ever wanted in Stats?

Usage graphs would be great... hourly averages, monthly and such...umm I need to think on this!

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

@J J; Do you have anything on this? I know you have stats with graphs for your scripts

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information