Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSR]Reflection Include

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Hooks Are updated to latest Revision 35. The Npc Index hook isn't working correctly so for the time being, Npc functions will not work. Will post back when squared away
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

good job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Just curious, are you guys planning on incorporating things that would help solve randoms into this eventually?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jagexwillneverwin View Post
    Just curious, are you guys planning on incorporating things that would help solve randoms into this eventually?
    Oh yeah! That's definitely the goal!
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elfyyy View Post
    Oh yeah! That's definitely the goal!
    Cool! I'll be looking forward to it!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Ok, so we got the npc's up and working again using a little bit different method. The functions should still be all the same. We have also just started working on antirandoms and hopefully will have enough of them working soon to be able to call them in scripts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

thank you guys for working on this, it will help a lot of people including me, i'll be looking forward for the antirandoms too, best of luck!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Helping with Object detection for once.

Where would they be without me?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

hooks are outdated from today's update, please update ;_)?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samerdl View Post
    hooks are outdated from today's update, please update ;_)?
    Apparently the update messed with the updater somehow so it might take some more time than usual.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Updaters were released just like normal.

Hold on tight everyone, we'll be back later today.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Sorry for the delay all, timezones were a bit unfair to us on this occasion.. I updated our hooks about an hour ago. Happy scripting everyone

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Meerkat View Post
    Sorry for the delay all, timezones were a bit unfair to us on this occasion.. I updated our hooks about an hour ago. Happy scripting everyone
    elfyyy said in his Pest Control thread that something was different with this Runescape update. Care to elaborate?
    Of course, thank you for the update too.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

I'm not too sure, haridos posted on JH "Loads broke/wrong on this update, camera pitch is completely wrong" We don't use the pitch hook, in-fact we only use a few of the actual hooks in our include. I assume something was different in the way OSR handles some methods so most people couldn't get their updaters to run at the time of update (including ours).. When I came on skype today, I saw the hook update and our updater was working fine, so I updated.. Normally elfyyy does it, but he'd gone offline when it was fixed.. Btw, if you run the include, you will now get this message: "Massive thanks to Magorium, Dang, Hyperion, Swipe, dog_ and hexagon for supplying hooks and multipliers when we were in a tight spot!"
    We want to give credit to those members of JH who have contributed hooks during the time we were unable to get our own.
    @#27 <333

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Meerkat View Post
    I'm not too sure, haridos posted on JH "Loads broke/wrong on this update, camera pitch is completely wrong" We don't use the pitch hook, in-fact we only use a few of the actual hooks in our include. I assume something was different in the way OSR handles some methods so most people couldn't get their updaters to run at the time of update (including ours).. When I came on skype today, I saw the hook update and our updater was working fine, so I updated.. Normally elfyyy does it, but he'd gone offline when it was fixed.. Btw, if you run the include, you will now get this message: "Massive thanks to Magorium, Dang, Hyperion, Swipe, dog_ and hexagon for supplying hooks and multipliers when we were in a tight spot!"
    We want to give credit to those members of JH who have contributed hooks during the time we were unable to get our own.
    @#27 <333
    they are awesome! and thanks for the update krazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

hello,just wondering why you commented this line
    //{$include SRL-OSR/SRL/Reflection/AntiRandoms/Antirandoms.simba}

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayovio10 View Post
    hello,just wondering why you commented this line
    //{$include SRL-OSR/SRL/Reflection/AntiRandoms/Antirandoms.simba}
    Because as of now we only have a few randoms solved and haven't uploaded them to the googlecode. So we just commented the line out to make it easy for us to test the randoms.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Hey i been looking around at the include and saw a file for npcs, my question is how can i use to make my client click on npcs?

This worked:

Simba Code:
    var
    bbd: tnpc;  

begin
    playerSetup;
    setupsrl;
    SetupReflection;
    wait(1000);
    //ProjectTiles; // i thought this is going to draw boxes/id's on my screen, like osbot.. But it didn't do anything really.
    //R_GetNpcs('Name'); didn't work just caused a memory leak and froze the client + simba.
    bbd := R_InteractingNpc; // worked.
    writeln(bbd);
    writeln('//////.,.,');
    end.

Result was:
    Simba Code:
    ('hring hring', (2399, 3797), 11346, 0, 1237, -1, 0, 33679, 0)
    //////.,.,

It would only work if i clicked to interact and had the script repeat the function, didn't work when i was just in-convo screen with the npc.

So how can i make it click on npcs or items?, i think it would make my scripts a lot more powerful and not just that.. it would also make simba 100x more useful for botting on 07scape.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samerdl View Post
    Hey i been looking around at the include and saw a file for npcs, my question is how can i use to make my client click on npcs?

This worked:

Simba Code:
    var
    bbd: tnpc;  

begin
    playerSetup;
    setupsrl;
    SetupReflection;
    wait(1000);
    //ProjectTiles; // i thought this is going to draw boxes/id's on my screen, like osbot.. But it didn't do anything really.
    //R_GetNpcs('Name'); didn't work just caused a memory leak and froze the client + simba.
    bbd := R_InteractingNpc; // worked.
    writeln(bbd);
    writeln('//////.,.,');
    end.

Result was:
    Simba Code:
    ('hring hring', (2399, 3797), 11346, 0, 1237, -1, 0, 33679, 0)
    //////.,.,

It would only work if i clicked to interact and had the script repeat the function, didn't work when i was just in-convo screen with the npc.

So how can i make it click on npcs or items?, i think it would make my scripts a lot more powerful and not just that.. it would also make simba 100x more useful for botting on 07scape.
    Uh if you go the the tutorial I have linked, under the NPC section there is an example of just that . Do note however, tile to ms is not 100% accurate as of now, so its best to use the point given and make a box from it to look for the NPC colors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

R_IsAnimating doesn't work with fishing, it always says im not in animating...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    R_IsAnimating doesn't work with fishing, it always says im not in animating...
    Hooks just updated. Gimmee a bit...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Do you manually type in the new hooks or does your updater do it for you?
    No offense but sometimes it takes a while to update them after a RS update, but I find it odd when Krazy_Meerkat said he updated and uploaded the updated hooks within 10 minutes of finding it out.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    Do you manually type in the new hooks or does your updater do it for you?
    No offense but sometimes it takes a while to update them after a RS update, but I find it odd when Krazy_Meerkat said he updated and uploaded the updated hooks within 10 minutes of finding it out.
    They have to manually do it, its much faster than those bot like osbot, they take a while to update their bot.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

what is meant by "tile"? like spaces your character stands when walking? points on the rs screen?

View my OSR Script Repository!

Botted to max
    Guides: How to Report Bugs to the Scripter
    ~~~~ Moved to Java. Currently Lurking ~~~~

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

We manually update them with our logs, but our hook updater seems completely ruined this update.. We are currently taking a look at what's available on JH and testing a few hooks.. It's a slow and difficult process..
    I did claim that we could update within 10 mins, because 2 updates ago, the hooks updated and we had them parsed and uploaded within 10 mins of the update, the time before that we had them done within half an hour.. This time something changed and we couldn't get hooks..
    The tile is the in-game location (co-ordinates) of a player, npc or object. It is always static to that area (eg. lumby will always have the same co-ords).
    samerdl, ProjectTile does draw a single box on your screen, you need to include smartgraphics to call it. There is normally a description for the method (located in tiles.simba), but some lack explanation. A better-suited function for drawing the ms tile-grid is:
    Quote Originally Posted by tiles.simba
    function ProjectTiles;
    Draws the mainscreen tile grid on screen
    The ProjectTiles method was just used for testing Tiletoms (and trying to write something for height/distance differences).. It relies on smartgraphics if you want to call it so don't forget to include this:
    Code:
    {$I SRL-OSR\SRL\misc\SmartGraphics.simba}
    Finally, I see some confusion about how to call the npc functions.. There are several functions you can use, but you must know that npc's are returned in a TNPC format. So it is always wise to declare a variable as a TNPC or TNPCArray;
    Code:
    var
      man: TNPC;
      men: TNPCArray;
    So now, when using npc functions, you can store the npc. There are a few npc functions and they don't all work the same..
    Simba Code:
    men:= R_GetNpcs('man'); //returns a TNPCArray of all npc's named 'man' in the area (sorted by player distance), I stored it into men for this example.
    if R_FindNpc('man', man) then //looks for npcs named 'man' and stores the closest one in the TNPC man. Boolean function, returns true if found, false if not.
    man:= R_FindFreeNpc('man'); //looks for the closest npc named 'man' which isn't in combat and returns the TNPC (I stored this into man).
    R_InteractingNpc //returns the tnpc of any npc your player is interacting with, this means you can use it like R_InteractingNpc.HitPoints

Finally, when you want to call record information from your npc, you treat the TNPC array as an array of npcs as follows:
    Simba Code:
    for i:= 0 to high(men) do
      if men[i].Animation > 0 then
        man:= men[i];
    The TNPC is treated as singular, so you can just call the record info:
    Simba Code:
    R_TileToMs(man.tile);

When you use the npc functions for the first time in script runtime, be prepared for a lag-spike of about 2-8 seconds depending on cpu speed. Same goes for a new area, if you're making a script which has banking as an example, you will get a lag spike when you search for the banker the 1st time and if you go to far away from the banker's area and do another npc search (for a 'goblin' as an example), you will get another lag spike. These spikes are only going to happen once per area searched since starting the script, so don't be worried about it, think of it as "setting up" the npc database.
    Last edited by Krazy_Meerkat; 01-31-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information