Thread: MasterBB needs a computer!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Default MasterBB needs a computer!

Hi there, as you might have guessed looking at the thread title; I am in dire need of a new computer. I currently only got a slow laptop and was looking into buying a new computer. Since I completly left the computer world for a while I was hoping one of you could give your opinion on it.

the build:

For memory I picked a random 16GB kit. I couldn't care less about it. I don't think it is important know a days? Correct me if I am wrong.

For storage I picked a 128 GB ssd with decent write/read speeds(500/500). And for pics, videos and my malware collection I will pick a random 2 TB HDD. Not really interesting. Might switch for something smaller.

And here I get less confident, the motherboard, cpu and graphiccard combination. I really like AMD CPUs. And I want to be able to pick up chick with the 8 core pick up line(Impressing them). I am just not sure if they work together well, too much stats and thingies. Could someone please shine some light on to this?

Also does anyone have any experience with 21:9 screens? Are they pleasant to work with? I don't like high screens, so it is kinda a try out.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

@grats do your magic.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

hehe buying from alternate , that's where I got most of my parts. Great customer service too

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Personally I would go with an i5 over the 8350, unless you plan on running a bot army. The i5 has better single thread performance (and better multithread up to 4 cores [obvs])

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    Personally I would go with an i5 over the 8350, unless you plan on running a bot army. The i5 has better single thread performance (and better multithread up to 4 cores [obvs])
    Well, though the i5 has better threads(slightly), an intel cpu would cost me so much more. Most important was the ability to quickly process large quantities of data. This cpu seems to do that decently(way better then my i3 duo which was waaaayyy to slow). I was more unsure about the combination. Runescape is not possible, this part of the Netherlands lacks stable internet. Online games are out of the question.

I bought it and every single one of you should buy a screen like this It is amazing, way better then dual screen!

Last edited by masterBB; 02-09-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    still got that 'kunstmest baan'? and where is this place where the internet is bad in the netherlands? :0

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    Well, though the i5 has better threads(slightly), an intel cpu would cost me so much more. Most important was the ability to quickly process large quantities of data. This cpu seems to do that decently(way better then my i3 duo which was waaaayyy to slow). Runescape is not possible, this part of the Netherlands lacks stable internet. Online games are out of the question.

I bought it and every single one of you should buy a screen like this It is amazing, way better then dual screen!

I'm honoured to be on the screen, your highness

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    still got that 'kunstmest baan'? and where is this place where the internet is bad in the netherlands? :0
    Of course I still got that job. That is a very long term thingy . Though this document is for school, so if you read it, it doesn't have to be 100% true . I live between the farmers north of Noordwijk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    I'm honoured to be on the screen, your highness
    And I can ensure you, you look smashing!

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)

From my own advice;
    I'm always interested in intel, so my answer does have bias when comparing AMD to intel.
    - an intel (ex. i5-4570) processor will use less power
    - I find that intel processors survive over long run with high utilization as opposed to AMD, also look at the ability to document the processor spec's (http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskto...&id=840&id=809 vs. http://ark.intel.com/products/75043/ )
    - intel's tech. is assuring, however I cannot adequately compare the two processors without physical benchmarks (I'm sure you can find articles online though)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Looks good!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

That build will suit what you're doing quite well

BTW nice monitor, I'm jelly

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jingle View Post
    From my own advice;
    I'm always interested in intel, so my answer does have bias when comparing AMD to intel.
    - an intel (ex. i5-4570) processor will use less power
    - I find that intel processors survive over long run with high utilization as opposed to AMD, also look at the ability to document the processor spec's (http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskto...&id=840&id=809 vs. http://ark.intel.com/products/75043/ )
    - intel's tech. is assuring, however I cannot adequately compare the two processors without physical benchmarks (I'm sure you can find articles online though)
    Anything intel was out of the question anyway. I don't support criminals. But yeah, obv, intels dirty tricks gave them a huge edge over AMD. It is like comparing a sportscar with a normall car with just a huge turbo. Also, I don't pay the electric bill

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Nice monitor! could you provide a better photo of your monitor? Other than that it looks like a good system. Glad to see someone go AMD these days

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Im currently building a pc too and i love seeing people using AMD as their cpu

Thread Information