Thread: SRL Scholar Rank

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Lightbulb SRL Scholar Rank

SRL Scholar

scholar-512.png

This rank is for SRL Members who have demonstrated profound scholarly aptitude, attitude, and motivation in the pursuit of knowledge intrinsic to the SRL community. These members are not only granted a special cup as a symbol of their status, but are also granted access to an exclusive forum where like-minded individuals are able to discuss and research a myriad of topics critical to the advancement of SRL as a whole.

Eligibility
    • Current SRL Member or higher rank
    • Jr. Members may be eligible in specific instances (ex. this competition)

How to Obtain
    The application system is similar to the process required for SRL membership. This rank is entirely merit and attitude based. It is critical that all Scholars are able to work together and contribute in a constructive environment, and applicants are judged based on how well they fit these criteria. The application process is fairly simple and consists of three parts: A personal statement justifying why you feel you would be a good addition to this group, a research paper of your own, and in some circumstances, a short presentation of the research to a group of judges. The judges will then provide a unified decision, along with constructive feedback. If you are declined, the judges will also determine the period of time after which you may re-apply, based on the reasons for denial.

General Rules
    • Like other ranks, information from private forums should not be shared outside of the private form unless you have complete ownership of the information you’re sharing.
    • Any plagiarism will result in a permanent removal of rank and possible ban. (Dependent on degree and with a standard appeals process)
    Last edited by core; 03-09-2014 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Alright let's do it.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I'm guessing that--seeing as I've been awarded Mostly Harmless--I'm not eligible for SRL Scholar? :P
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    I'm guessing that--seeing as I've been awarded Mostly Harmless--I'm not eligible for SRL Scholar? :P
    You can always try to prove the community otherwise
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108342
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Looks very interesting, so it's a whole new rank and cup?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

I need to get to SRL members first. Looks like I'm going to be busy this summer haha.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I need to get to SRL members first. Looks like I'm going to be busy this summer haha.
    Jr. Members may be eligible in specific instances (ex. this competition)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

What does the research paper/presentation need to be about really?
    Is there an application/link to application our right now, or is this coming soon, aka how would you apply right now?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    What does the research paper/presentation need to be about really?
    Is there an application/link to application our right now, or is this coming soon, aka how would you apply right now?
    The current goal is to have the research directly (or at least strongly tangentially) related to computer science and/or this community. This is flexible, though, and substantial research in other disciplines may also be eligible.

The application will be rolled out in a short while. We would like people who are interested to focus on the current competition as we work out the logistics and minutiae.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Goodluck to everyone! I'm not going to enter because i have no experience with this/ my english is so bad that i don't even 100% understand the thread

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StickToTheScript View Post
    Dang. That awesome! Thanks for the heads up? And is there any info on what the cup looks like?
    It's in the OP, Don't know why it doesn't show up but it's "scholar-512.png" here's the url for it. http://villavu.com/forum/attachment....2&d=1394323816
    Rusting away

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smidqe View Post
    It's in the OP, Don't know why it doesn't show up but it's "scholar-512.png" here's the url for it. http://villavu.com/forum/attachment....2&d=1394323816
    Ah. I see. Thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    You can always try to prove the community otherwise
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108342
    It's been taken away noooo, that was my entire reason for acting as I did.

Ah, well.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    It's been taken away noooo, that was my entire reason for acting as I did.

Ah, well.
    GG Noob! Still got mine

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Is this a rank between srl and ssrl? Does the title have a custom color?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Based on
    These members are not only granted a special cup as a symbol of their status, but are also granted access to an exclusive forum where like-minded individuals are able to discuss and research a myriad of topics critical to the advancement of SRL as a whole.
    my guess would be a cup only.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

I would consider SSRL to be more of a "special" rank, primarily because there are no stated requirements and no application process, and so it can't technically be considered in the "progression" of Registered User -> Junior Member -> Member.

The SRL Scholar rank, on the other hand, does have an application process (that will be released after the conclusion of the ongoing competition), and would be considered the next rank in the progression after SRL Member.

The rank does come with its own color (as all ranks do) and is the same color as the "SRL Scholar" text in the OP. In addition, unlike most other ranks, it comes with a cup as well. This is intended to allow members of SSRL, Developer, Moderator, and other "special" ranks to be able to display their respective ranks while still being able to show their Scholar status.

Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by core View Post
    I would consider SSRL to be more of a "special" rank, primarily because there are no stated requirements and no application process, and so it can't technically be considered in the "progression" of Registered User -> Junior Member -> Member.

The SRL Scholar rank, on the other hand, does have an application process (that will be released after the conclusion of the ongoing competition), and would be considered the next rank in the progression after SRL Member.

The rank does come with its own color (as all ranks do) and is the same color as the "SRL Scholar" text in the OP. In addition, unlike most other ranks, it comes with a cup as well. This is intended to allow members of SSRL, Developer, Moderator, and other "special" ranks to be able to display their respective ranks while still being able to show their Scholar status.
    1 more question, when will the applications be rolling out, and what do you mean by presentation? Like everyone get on a Skype call and it's presented lol?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

1 more question, when will the applications be rolling out, and what do you mean by presentation? Like everyone get on a Skype call and it's presented lol?
    The applications will be rolling out, as stated in the post you quoted, at the conclusion of the ongoing Botwatch competition (Tentatively in the weeks around June 7th).

The specifics of the presentations are still being worked out, but you can expect something along the lines of what you mentioned.

Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Wouldn't you say the colour is too similar to the market mod colour? Don't think there are any market mods active any more but people could still get confused.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Wouldn't you say the colour is too similar to the market mod colour? Don't think there are any market mods active any more but people could still get confused.
    Rank colors will be revised by the time applications open for SRL Scholar to remove any possible confusion.

Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

May I suggest a nice green (#D8FF00) color?
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    May I suggest a nice green (#D8FF00) color?
    I'd suggest #BADA55

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information