Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SRL Botwatch Competition - A new type of competition!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

Damn now I miss I had completed the machine learning and data mining courses. I'm looking forward to see what you guys come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSnob View Post
    ETA's don't exist in SRL like they did in other communities. Want a faster update? Help out with updating, otherwise just gotta wait it out.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

pay wizzup? 800K to plant a function in simba which sends character info for people using simba to jagex. problem solved.

but really sounds like a cool deal - good luck to whoever does this!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

My main question on the subject, is how do you plan on presentations to the judges working? A skype video call? Or something else? How will this be different/similar for groups as opposed to individuals?

And less important questions, but still curious on: will individuals be graded separately in some manner or exclusively on group merit? Would this allow someone undeserving to be carried to the rank simply because they are friends with more capable members?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My main question on the subject, is how do you plan on presentations to the judges working? A skype video call? Or something else? How will this be different/similar for groups as opposed to individuals?

And less important questions, but still curious on: will individuals be graded separately in some manner or exclusively on group merit? Would this allow someone undeserving to be carried to the rank simply because they are friends with more capable members?
    Unless I am thinking about it wrong, as long as you are able to understand the basics of what a script is doing there in no advantage to someone who has been scripting for years. Someone that is majoring computer science(or in that realm) or is a bot client developer would have a huge advantage, if not then we all have an equal chance.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neva Banned View Post
    Unless I am thinking about it wrong, as long as you are able to understand the basics of what a script is doing there in no advantage to someone who has been scripting for years. Someone that is majoring computer science(or in that realm) or is a bot client developer would have a huge advantage, if not then we all have an equal chance.

Consider the requirements and analysis phases and the links provided..

"What data needs to be collected?"
    "How will data be analysed?"

Then the evaluation process:

"MS Word/ODF documents must use the recommended template"

I'd say it looks pretty professional and rules out just bare scripters.. which is sort of unfair imo. However it does say groups are allowed so I guess it works out.. I'd say you might have a higher chance in a group even if you are pro and decide to solo it.

It is a bot system you're designing and explaining after all.

They are asking for a lot for developing a bot system though. And judging from the comments, I guess coding one doesn't help? Powerbot's requirements aren't even this high. You can develop a bot system without a lot of those requirements (specifically for windows) and it can be extremely effective. For example, being as aggressive as the Warden system or PunkBuster and monitor the user's mouse, memory and PE scanning will not even need sending of data or any flagging or analysis.. It's an instaban effective system. No need for collection of data unless your scans are unsure of what it finds depending on its heuristics.

For me, I simply modified a paper I had written a while back on reverse-engineering and submitted that (extremely dumbed down) with some code examples. I doubt it'd get me anywhere but meh.. worth a shot to see how they judge. I'll release what I submitted after it gets judged..

Again, just join a team.. I can think of a few people that would try this out and be willing to work with others. Maybe NKN being one of them (which he mentioned a couple posts back) or Benland if he's willing..
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-10-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

297 words holeh.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Wish this competition was taken place during Summer Too much Uni stuff to worry about atm .

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Seems like an interesting competition, although I think there's only a handful of people on these forums capable of fulfilling the requirements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I have a SIMBA script that I was testing, and I was teleported. I received no repercussions, but it made me consider why it happened. I'll attach the script to this post when I get home.

I believe it occurred since I did not use boxes to outline areas for mouse click. After finding each point I wanted to click, and this colour finding never failed me to find a wrong object, but I would simply do point.rand(1). I was using SRL for mouse movements and clicks.

This occurred after running the script overnight with no fails. So the system must use statistics to find number of clicks relative to pixels... as a human wouldn't click in roughly the same area multiple of times. I believe the points are strictly related to the main-screen, and not the game's objects--the reason for this will be evident when I post the script, but it involves the minimap.
    Last edited by shockage; 03-19-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

This reminds me of when Rs buddy used to be around the site closed and the owner ran off to be a jagex employee haha
    anyway good luck to all entrants
    another thing that may be helpful for people to know is what type of bot they are catching? I'm no expert in any form of scripting but
    I presume it is easier to catch an injection/ reflection script than it is to catch an ashaman colour script?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catsrback321 View Post
    This reminds me of when Rs buddy used to be around the site closed and the owner ran off to be a jagex employee haha
    anyway good luck to all entrants
    another thing that may be helpful for people to know is what type of bot they are catching? I'm no expert in any form of scripting but
    I presume it is easier to catch an injection/ reflection script than it is to catch an ashaman colour script?
    For my proposal I assumed that the hypothetical system would have to detect every type of bot available on the market at the moment, but that may be too much, idk.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    For my proposal I assumed that the hypothetical system would have to detect every type of bot available on the market at the moment, but that may be too much, idk.
    Well... Can you even name every bot on the market at the moment? I'd be willing to believe there are private bots for the heavy duty gold-farmers (no, I do not mean private scripts).

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Well... Can you even name every bot on the market at the moment? I'd be willing to believe there are private bots for the heavy duty gold-farmers (no, I do not mean private scripts).
    On the market = every bot I can find available for use publicly.
    i.e. RiD, SRL, Powerbot, Tribot, etc. but for my concept design it doesn't really matter what bot/type of bot I'm trying to detect, if it's not a legit player using the account, it should be detected immediately.
    Whether this will be able to fit the budget constraint is the bigger issue but I think it can.
    Last edited by Clarity; 03-19-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

The proposal of Brandon and me has been send in. Looking forward to see how this competition is going to work out.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Thanks for all the entries so far!

A reminder to those of you who haven't submitted your proposals yet, they are due in two days!

As clarification: you don't need to be some kind of expert to participate. The entire purpose of this competition is to provide motivation to explore and learn about a topic closely in line with the efforts of this community.

If you have any questions or concerns, or need something clarified, please don't hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to reading all of your proposals. Good luck!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Would actually really enjoy taking part in this considering I can most definitely thank this forum for the career path I've taken. Suck that I've quite a bit of work to do at the moment then...Good luck to everyone involved though!
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Will we get to know who has qualified or will that stay private?

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Eligibility PM's have now been sent out. Good luck going forward to those who qualified, all of the proposals had great ideas!

Please continue to discuss and ask questions here going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    Will we get to know who has qualified or will that stay private?
    We have no intent to publish a list of those who have qualified at this time, however those who have or have not qualified are free to share that information if they so choose.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by core View Post
    Eligibility PM's have now been sent out. Good luck going forward to those who qualified, all of the proposals had great ideas!

Please continue to discuss and ask questions here going forward.

We have no intent to publish a list of those who have qualified at this time, however those who have or have not qualified are free to share that information if they so choose.
    Is it too late to submit?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobitz View Post
    Is it too late to submit?
    yes

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)

I completely forgot about this >..>

Dg's Small Procedures | IRC Quotes
    Thank Wishlah for my nice new avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [22:12:05] <Dgby714> Im agnostic
    [22:12:36] <Blumblebee> :O ...you can read minds

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dgby714 View Post
    I completely forgot about this >..>
    I did as well. Oh well, there are still intelligent enough people working on it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)

I did as well. Oh well, there are still intelligent enough people working on it.
    Hmm, core said I still have time to make a submission seeing SSRL don't have to do the preliminary stuff.

I prob still wont be able to submit anything though, finals are in 2 weeks and I have like 5 essays and 3 test to do...

Dg's Small Procedures | IRC Quotes
    Thank Wishlah for my nice new avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [22:12:05] <Dgby714> Im agnostic
    [22:12:36] <Blumblebee> :O ...you can read minds

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dgby714 View Post
    Hmm, core said I still have time to make a submission seeing SSRL don't have to do the preliminary stuff.

I prob still wont be able to submit anything though, finals are in 2 weeks and I have like 5 essays and 3 test to do...
    Dang. Atleast you got the chance, I completely forgot to get the proposal done in time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information