Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SRL Botwatch Competition - A new type of competition!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

The few people that made it to the final stages did not submit the final paper or presentation, so this competition is now closed with no winner.

Sorry to disappoint the many of you who were looking forward to the results of this competition.

We have received a lot of feedback from participants and other members that will help us host better competitions in the future.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Oh god no. I haven't written or fixed a script in... I wanna say since last year. There are nice concepts in some of them, but NONE of them will work if you wanna use any of them.
    <-- The face of dissapointment

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

I am not so experienced in programming. But taking in account jagex monitors mouse movements and color they clicking ,id look for similar patterns maybe in pixel colors or in actions.Porbably the less people use same bot the less likely ban is going to happen. Also during fixing switchtoworld fucntions and when i had forgot failsafes with miner i noticed that random world option has higher change of logging you in in area with people already in. I think jagex use this in hope poeple would spot bot and report it. This suggest their bot detection system isnt so great they are taking about, because otherwise they wouldnt need this. Still only my observation But in the weekends i am gona to test this theory.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    I am not so experienced in programming. But taking in account jagex monitors mouse movements and color they clicking ,id look for similar patterns maybe in pixel colors or in actions.Porbably the less people use same bot the less likely ban is going to happen. Also during fixing switchtoworld fucntions and when i had forgot failsafes with miner i noticed that random world option has higher change of logging you in in area with people already in. I think jagex use this in hope poeple would spot bot and report it. This suggest their bot detection system isnt so great they are taking about, because otherwise they wouldnt need this. Still only my observation But in the weekends i am gona to test this theory.
    Nothing specific though. Using mousepaths? Using colour clicks?

All those things, we already tried to randomize.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by core View Post
    The few people that made it to the final stages did not submit the final paper or presentation, so this competition is now closed with no winner.

Sorry to disappoint the many of you who were looking forward to the results of this competition.

We have received a lot of feedback from participants and other members that will help us host better competitions in the future.
    is apps for this rank going to open up?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    is apps for this rank going to open up?
    I'd also like to know what's going on with this.. The competition was a fail, but I hope that future competitions are more focused on smart-botting rather than bot-detection and anti-botting..

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Meerkat View Post
    I'd also like to know what's going on with this.. The competition was a fail, but I hope that future competitions are more focused on smart-botting rather than bot-detection and anti-botting..

The competition itself was actually a neat idea but way too many requirements and fiddling around with useless stuff.. They tried too hard to make it too professional.

Even powerbot's scholar system is easier. I'd rather code than write a paper for this. But that's just me.

JJ had the best idea and it was codes but we didn't have time to write a paper. :l
    We preferred testing it out rather than theories.

I wonder who made it to the finals and dropped.. My money goes on NKN..
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I wonder who made it to the finals and dropped.. My money goes on NKN..
    Not NKN, we started it together, coded up a few things, tested them out, then never wrote the papers...

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Not NKN, we started it together, coded up a few things, tested them out, then never wrote the papers...
    Are you saying I lost my money? -__- Dammit NKN. Why you no write paper?!

Meh.. Expected though. I didn't really see anyone wanting to write a paper. What'd you guys code?
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Are you saying I lost my money? -__- Dammit NKN. Why you no write paper?!

Meh.. Expected though. I didn't really see anyone wanting to write a paper. What'd you guys code?
    The game of laziness is a dangerous one indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by core View Post

Heartbroken tbh.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information