Thread: Bank Updates - Quick Presets and Drag & Drop (7 Apr 2014)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Default Bank Updates - Quick Presets and Drag & Drop (7 Apr 2014)

Bank Updates - Quick Presets and Drag & Drop

Managing your bank's quicker and easier than it's ever been with today's duo of updates. Equip a favourite set of combat gear or backpack-full of skilling items in the blink of an eye with quick loadouts, and clear out the clutter with ease with our new drag and drop to destroy function.

Read on for more information, or log in and give it go!
    Take That to the Bank

Free players and members.

Quick presets are an easy way to equip yourself with an oft-used loadout of gear, or with a backpack of essential items for a skilling run.

The best way to see how it works is to give it a try. Log into the game and access your bank. From there, fill up your backpack and/or worn inventory with a setup you'd commonly use - gear up as if you were going on a Slayer task, for example, or if you were running to the anvil for some smithing.

From there, you'll be able to save your current backpack, worn inventory - or both - as one of a number of presets. Then, you'll be able to reload that preset from any bank, by clicking the 'load' icon next to the preset's entry. You can even assign up to two of these as 'quick load' options, accessible right from the bank interface itself.

In this way, it's easy to quickly gear up for an adventure, and your skilling will be smoother than ever.

Members get five of these presets from the off, and free players two. If you find you need more, you can rent them for a limited time - or even purchase more - using either Bonds, Loyalty Points or RuneCoins directly from the interface – there’s no need to go to Solomon’s General Store.

Enjoy, and if you have any questions, head on over to our FAQ.
    Cleaning's Not a Drag

Free players and members

We've also added the ability to drag and drop items from your bank, should you wish to be rid of them. Note that this can only be used to destroy items - not to drop them on the ground.

This makes it easy to clear your bank of whole stacks of items without filling up your inventory with noted stacks first.

These two updates mean more time spent adventuring, and less time spent juggling your inventory. We hope you enjoy adventuring in a more convenient Gielinor - be sure to let us know what you think on the forums!
    The RuneScape Team
    In Other News

Solomon's now stocking the magnificently nostalgic RuneScape Through the Ages emote - designed and voted for by the RuneScape community. Head on over to Solomon's General Store now to pick it up!
    Don't forget that you can now start earning Treasure Hunter keys through SuperSonicAds!

tl;dr version:

The bank screen looks and functions very differently. New features have been added.

Last edited by KeepBotting; 04-07-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Broken Bankscreen detection for me. Not to worry though (Herblore is pretty god damn fast now)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdf View Post
    Broken Bankscreen detection for me. Not to worry though (Herblore is pretty god damn fast now)
    Same here. If no SRL Dev has fixed by the time I get back from school, I'll write some crappy hotfixes and post them here.

They'll probably fix it before than though.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Same here. If no SRL Dev has fixed by the time I get back from school, I'll write some crappy hotfixes and post them here.

They'll probably fix it before than though.
    I'm too self conscious about my coding to post my crude fixes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Bit annoying that things will need updating but this is definitely handy for scripts. Now there's no need to search for items, mouse-over text and options in the bank, much easier and more efficient.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Seems cool - I'm sure we will have something in the works shortly. I won't be able to take a gander until late tonight though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

And of course, you can buy more preset slots with real money. Dem micro transactions.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boobooo42 View Post
    And of course, you can buy more preset slots with real money. Dem micro transactions.
    As long as everything stays available via bonds I really no longer have an issue with the microtransactions. They're available to everyone.

As for this update, it may very well be the single best update of the last 3 yrs. The ease and efficiency that this affords botters and legits alike is incredible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Sent a pull request https://github.com/SRL/SRL-6/pull/104

Replace ur Simba\Includes\SRL-6\lib\interfaces\bankscreen.simba with https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ri...nkscreen.simba if you want to test out. Let me know if i overlooked anything.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post

Replace ur Simba\Includes\SRL-6\lib\interfaces\bankscreen.simba with https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ri...nkscreen.simba if you want to test out. Let me know if i overlooked anything.
    Tested and it's working great. Tested with Ashaman's Herb script. The script is back to being flawless, but needs to be updated to use the quick loadout buttons but that's nothing to do with you or your update. Thanks for the quick fix man! Awesome!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

This is a really useful update. At first I thought it was just for armour/weapons but for smelting etc. this will be great.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post

Will test when I get home, thanks for the fix ^^

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boobooo42 View Post
    Hahah, dem micro transactions!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Yeah there are very few skills this doesn't benefit. The resource gathering skills (fishing, mining, etc,) and dungeoneering are about the only ones. A single click to deposit and withdrawal? Whoduhthunkit!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Yeah there are very few skills this doesn't benefit. The resource gathering skills (fishing, mining, etc,) and dungeoneering are about the only ones. A single click to deposit and withdrawal? Whoduhthunkit!
    It even exits the bank for you!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    It even exits the bank for you!
    Hellz yeah it does! If I didn't know better I'd say Jagex had the botters in mind when they made this update! Haha!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Hellz yeah it does! If I didn't know better I'd say Jagex had the botters in mind when they made this update! Haha!
    Right!? A lot of updates have been going our way, lately. Most notable example is probably the action bar itself--literally: press 1 to alch. Press 2 to firemake. Press 3 to fletch.

xD

Thread Information