Thread: Good F2P Cash Methods

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Default Good F2P Cash Methods

Everyone usually associates F2P with poor money making, and to be fair in comparison to P2P it is quite poor, but there are still some decent methods which can easily net you over 500k an hour. Obviously these methods are strewn across the internet, but I thought it would be helpful for people if they could see how to work their way up in one place. Here we go...

Chickens

Chickens? As pathetic as it sounds this is a good way to get some start up money for other methods, and pretty much anyone can do it.

Requirements

Combat gear (possibly)

Method

You'll want to head to the chicken pen N/E of Lumbridge and get killing. Pick up everything they drop; bones, raw chicken and feathers. Once you've got a full load you can teleport to the Combat Academy bank chest by using the RS3 button and deposit all the items (thanks to The Mayor for that). Run back to the chickens and repeat.

Profit

This actually gives a surprising decent profit considering someone entirely new to the game could do it. Assuming around 20 loads an hour you can make around 150k an hour.

Up to date prices can be found here: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mone...lling_chickens

Mining Clay (thanks to BMWxi)

Clay mining is easy to overlook because it's not usually mined after your first few levels, but it has almost no requirements and can be very profitable depending on clay prices.

Requirements

Pickaxe

Method

There are a many of clay rocks around Runescape but the two that stand out are the ones at the Rimmington Mine and the Draynor Mine. They're both about the same distance from the bank, but the Rimmington Mine bank has fast access via the clan vexillum. The downside to the Rimmington Mine is that it is often busy so you'll have competition for the rocks.

Profit

Clay is at 389gp each, and you can do a load in two minutes. This gives about 320k gp/h.

The current clay price can be found here: http://services.runescape.com/m=item...tem.ws?obj=434

Mining Iron

Of course this had to be included...But it works?! This is that method that everyone knows but seems to ignore or dislike. To be fair, Mining is criminally boring, but you can get some good money from it!

Requirements

15 Mining
    15 Dungeoneering recommended
    Pickaxe
    Armour possibly for protection

Method

For this there are a number of locations you could head to. The mines to the east and west of Varrock are both decent if you don't have 15 Dungeoneering. Mine away and bank it!

If you do have 15 Dungeoneering you should go to the Dwarven Mine and use the three iron rocks in the S/E corner. Once you've got a full inventory use the deposit box in the resource dungeon to the west, and repeat. Be wary of the scorpions if you are not a high enough level for them to ignore you. You can get around 1,000 ore and hour doing this.

The Mayor has a script which mines east of Varrock and then bank. Although you won't make as much money compared to using the dungeon, script > playing?! Here it is: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108775

Profit

At the current price of iron ore, using the resource dungeon you'll be getting around 350k per hour. Obviously this will be less if not using the dungeon.

The current iron price can be found here: http://services.runescape.com/m=item...tem.ws?obj=440

Superheat

As well as gaining decent Magic and Smithing XP, this can be a great way to earn some easy money. You need some money to get started but not too much; around 500k should be good to get you earning, so a couple of hours killing chickens or mining iron and you're sorted.

Requirements

43 Magic
    Smithing level to create desired bar
    Coal
    Desired ore
    Nature runes
    Fire staff

Method

Stand in a bank and cast the spell on the ore. You can usually get around 1,200 casts an hour.

Coh3n has a script which does just this which I highly recommend: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72633

Profit

The profit isn't the best for low Smithing levels. Below Rune, Steel is the best getting around 100k an hour, but remember this is as well as the 90k xp an hour (approx).

Once you're at 85 Smithing you can make Rune bars, and this is where the decent profit starts. You can do less casts an hour due the extra coal needed per bar, but you'll still be getting around 700k an hour.

Up to date prices can be found here: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calc...agic/Superheat

Bones To Bananas

Like Superheating you'll be getting some good Magic xp, but you don't have to wait until 85 Smithing to make good profit or 43 Magic. This method, however, required quite a lot of money to fully benefit; a good few million will be sufficient.

Requirements

15 Magic
    Water staff
    Air runes
    Nature runes
    Quite a bit of money

Method

You'll want to buy a load of bones over time in the GE, as 21,000 will be used in an hour, and be standing in a bank. Fill up your inventory and cast Bones To Bananas. One cast converts all of the bones in your inventory into bananas. Bank and repeat.

Profit

This is an easy way to make around 600k an hour.

Up to date prices can be found here: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mone...nes_to_Bananas

High Alch

Like Superheating you'll be getting some good Magic xp, but you don't have to wait until 85 Smithing to make good profit. This method, however, required quite a lot of money to fully benefit; a good few million will be sufficient.

Requirements

55 Magic
    Nature runes
    Fire staff
    A few million start up coins

Method

To get the best money you want to use rune armour and weapons. Because there's a 100 buy limit for rune items in the GE, I recommend buying armour sets as well as the armour pieces separately. You'll need to break the armour sets up first though.

You can have the items noted in your inventory so there's no need to bank, and you can usually get around 1,000 casts an hour.

The Mayor has got it covered again: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99557

Profit

At the moment, using rune armour sets and armour piece you'll be averaging about 500k an hour profit.

Up to date prices can be found here: http://alching.highalchcalc.com/rune...fit-calculator

Flipping (method 1)

Now I'll admit I'm not expert on this topic, you probably would get a lot better advice reading elsewhere, but I do know how to make some easy money while I sleep.

Requirements

A few million GP

Method

What you want to do is find an object which you can easily make money on, and you've got to do this by simply trying all sorts. Buy one of the item for as much as you can (mash the +5% button) and then sell it for as little as you can (mash the -5% button). The difference between the buy and sell price is how much you can make per item (take a few).

Once you've found you item place a buy order at a few GP above what you sold the item for. What you're doing is placing a bid for the item just above what people sell it for at minimum, so you get the item instead of those offering the bare minimum.

When in comes to selling you want to sell all of your items at a few GP below what you bought the item for the very first time. This means you're selling just below the maximum street value, so yours sell instead of those selling at max street value.

Mithril bars is an item I like to use as the turnover is fairly quick so, as an example, I can set it to go whilst I eat dinner and have made the money by the time I'm done.

For when the above image stops being hosted it is simply GE history showing me buy 999x mithril bars for 18,948,105 and then selling them for 19,298,070.

Profit

Find a good item or two and you could earn millions.

Flipping (method 2)

This is another way you can get some money while you do, well, nothing. The first flipping method will usually work with items which are constantly being traded, but this is the complete opposite.

Requirements

A few million GP

Method

I like to use trimmed armour for this method, but anything which you imagine is in demand but there is little supply will work. To do this I place an order in for an item 5-10% above mid. Because of the lack of supply this can take quite a while.

You got to think of what someone who is desperate for that item will do; they'll mash that +5% button like crazy just to be sure they can get that item, and this is what you need to take advantage of. Once all of that item has bought put it back up for sale at a price you still think people will buy at, but still earns you decent money.

As an example, I bought some trimmed rune kiteshields for 50k each and then sold them for over 100k each. Because the buy limit is only 10 that was a decent 500k profit.

Profit

Like the first method, find some good items and you could get millions.

So yeah, that's it from me. I was bored and thought I haven't really given anything to this community for a while so this is the result. Hopefully some of you find it helpful!

Last edited by Rich; 04-24-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Awesome guide Rich! I'd forgot completely about bones to bananas since a year or two ago when there was a thread about it here.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Nice guide. Isn't bear fur buying like 300k/h ish?

E: also for the chickens you can Tele right to the chest with that teleport accessed through the rs3 menu.

E2: isn't chocolate crushing f2p?
    Last edited by The Mayor; 04-24-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Dang I didn't know that you could make that much money in f2p, best I ever did was sheep shearing like 4-5 years ago (until rsbuddy released a script)

Never made much money alching simply because buying profitable items in a pain in the ass :/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Awesome guide Rich! I'd forgot completely about bones to bananas since a year or two ago when there was a thread about it here.
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Nice guide. Isn't bear fur buying like 300k/h ish?

E: also for the chickens you can Tele right to the chest with that teleport accessed through the rs3 menu.
    IIRC bear fur buying is a lot of effort because you've got to constantly be changing worlds. I may be wrong though. And changed that, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Dang I didn't know that you could make that much money in f2p, best I ever did was sheep shearing like 4-5 years ago (until rsbuddy released a script)

Never made much money alching simply because buying profitable items in a pain in the ass :/
    Yeah they do take a while to buy. If I'm alching I'll just set a couple of orders up over night to get a decent amount of stuff to do.
    <3

I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Thanks man

IIRC bear fur buying is a lot of effort because you've got to constantly be changing worlds. I may be wrong though. And changed that, thanks!

Yeah they do take a while to buy. If I'm alching I'll just set a couple of orders up over night to get a decent amount of stuff to do.
    I thought it was a set of chats you had to go through to buy bear fur (at the guy in Varrock center). Plus, hopping worlds does not affect shops any more as they are personalized now.

How is killing cows for GP? This used to be fairly profitable and decent xp, but I have no clue anymore. Chopping oaks might be something worth mentioning as well (again, not really sure on the gp/hr).

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Mining Clay

Clay mining is easy to overlook because it's not usually mined after your first few levels, but it has almost no requirements and can be very profitable depending on clay prices.

Requirements

Pickaxe

Method

There are a many of clay rocks around Runescape but the two that stand out are the ones at the Rimmington Mine and the Draynor Mine. They're both about the same distance from the bank, but the Rimmington Mine bank has fast access via the clan vexillum. The downside to the Rimmington Mine is that it is often busy so you'll have competition for the rocks.

Profit

Clay is at 389gp each, and you can do a load in two minutes. This gives about 320k gp/h.

The current clay price can be found here: http://services.runescape.com/m=item...tem.ws?obj=434

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    I thought it was a set of chats you had to go through to buy bear fur (at the guy in Varrock center). Plus, hopping worlds does not affect shops any more as they are personalized now.

How is killing cows for GP? This used to be fairly profitable and decent xp, but I have no clue anymore. Chopping oaks might be something worth mentioning as well (again, not really sure on the gp/hr).
    No idea, I'll have a look into it though. And AFAIK killing cows is less profitable than chickens, but not too sure.

Mining Clay

Requirements

Pickaxe

Method

Profit

Thanks a lot man, added it to the first post if that's ok. Rep'd
    Last edited by Rich; 04-24-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    <3

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Thanks man

IIRC bear fur buying is a lot of effort because you've got to constantly be changing worlds. I may be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    I thought it was a set of chats you had to go through to buy bear fur (at the guy in Varrock center).

Killing cows at burthorpe + tanning is really good proft (probably 400-500k/h?) but ban rate is probably high. Yea for furs you just have to talk to that guy in Varrock square, and you can sell them on forums for 400+ each. I think my script needs updating though.

E: Oaks are good profit too, but they are pretty hard to script in colour iirc.

Mining Clay

Yea clay is nice profit on f2p. I made a bunch of money about a year ago. Someone could fix up my tutorial script and release it
    Last edited by The Mayor; 04-24-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Thanks a lot man, added it to the first post if that's ok. Rep'd
    Thanks for adding it, hopefully this thread will be a good resource for people

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Hmm what about chopping normal logs, wine grabbing, and cockroach killing? :')

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

great orb project too

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I thought that limpwurt collecting was good money? And picking up big bones is good too
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

mfw the quantities are 9,999.

nice guide though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    mfw the quantities are 9,999.

nice guide though.
    You can only assume!
    <3

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Mithril ore is a great item to flip ATM. Over 100gp can be easily made on each ore because the price is rising quickly meaning a possible 2.5m+ profit each flip, assuming you buy the max (25,000).

EDIT: Just made a quick 1.75m in 15 minutes. Get on it.
    Last edited by Rich; 04-29-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    <3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

The best f2p methods that don't involve mining/smithing runite (I think rune mining in the wilderness is probably the fastest but most dangerous, haven't done this in a while) are probably zammy wine grabbing and fletching either shafts or unf arrows. Both of these can be around 500kish per hour, the only shame of the fletching is that you get no exp past level 5.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    The best f2p methods that don't involve mining/smithing runite (I think rune mining in the wilderness is probably the fastest but most dangerous, haven't done this in a while) are probably zammy wine grabbing and fletching either shafts or unf arrows. Both of these can be around 500kish per hour, the only shame of the fletching is that you get no exp past level 5.
    That's quite a lot. No wonder I got all those PMs about wine grabbers and shaft makers

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    That's quite a lot. No wonder I got all those PMs about wine grabbers and shaft makers
    I thought there already was a shaft maker. Wouldn't be hard to make anyway if someone did want to give it a try as their first script anyway.

Thread Information