Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you Bot/Play Runescape?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I play runescape because I'm addicted. I can't quit. From what I've seen no one quits lol they all just take really long breaks. And everytime I'm not playing I always get a feeling that I'm xp wasting. So I bot. I might quit when I max maybe, early if something bad happens lol, or just be a goldfarmer for the hell of it. :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

i like the feeling that if i'm doing something i don't like, then i remember i'm botting it makes me feel a little more productive and better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am new to botting runescape. The concept of scripting with Simba is intriguing although it may take me awhile to get the syntax down. I started botting on an alt account to test the waters, see what its like. Since there aren't many scripts that cover the areas of gameplay I'm interested in, it seems I'll have to take matters into my own hands eventually. But overall, it was easy to set up and run a Simba script. The ease suggests that the actual scripting shouldn't be horrible. I'll just have to get unlazy and do it. :P

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Boredom, mostly. I don't play at all, I've just been writing/using scripts for fun, learning, and to see how far I can get on a bot before it's banned.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Mostly because of nostalgia. It's nice to look back on what were extremely fun times in Middle School even though it's been almost a decade since then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

because playing legit feels like a giant waste of my time and life... I feel pretty mediocre being reduced to clicking and doing the same tedious activity over and over again. When it started interfering with my social life, I came into conflict, because I loved runescape just as much as I loved going out with friends. Botting is a good median between the two, allowing me to have the time I need to go out while providing me resources for when I come back. Also, it's a little bit difficult starting off with 0 GP. The climb to the first couple mils is terrible.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aliensexist View Post
    because playing legit feels like a giant waste of my time and life... I feel pretty mediocre being reduced to clicking and doing the same tedious activity over and over again. When it started interfering with my social life, I came into conflict, because I loved runescape just as much as I loved going out with friends. Botting is a good median between the two, allowing me to have the time I need to go out while providing me resources for when I come back. Also, it's a little bit difficult starting off with 0 GP. The climb to the first couple mils is terrible.
    Gravedigging ~ When someone posts on a very old thread on a forum, it is called gravedigging. Gravedigging is frowned upon because the topic of the thread is usually dead - hence the term gravedigging. Source

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPickle View Post
    Gravedigging ~ When someone posts on a very old thread on a forum, it is called gravedigging. Gravedigging is frowned upon because the topic of the thread is usually dead - hence the term gravedigging. Source
    I'm sorry. I'm still new to these forums (made the account a month ago, only started being active on forums in the last couple of days), and people keep telling me I'm doing this. I want to be active in the community, but I don't want everyone thinking im a jerk either because I comment on an old thread. How can I be active on the forums without encountering this issue? to me it seems like the difference between leecher and gravedigger is not very transparent.
    Last edited by aliensexist; 02-14-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aliensexist View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm still new to these forums (made the account a month ago, only started being active on forums in the last couple of days), and people keep telling me I'm doing this. I want to be active in the community, but I don't want everyone thinking im a jerk either because I comment on an old thread. How can I be active on the forums without encountering this issue? to me it seems like the difference between leecher and gravedigger is very transparent.
    I think that it's not the problem that you're posting on old threads. The problem is posting on (several) old threads to get your post count up. Be active, but for the right reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I see this type of thread that should be occasionally dug up as community's user base changes over time and people with new reasons and opinions may have their view points to offer.

Now, on topic: I bot Runescape because it allows me to do things that I like and enjoy in Runescape while avoiding the awful grinding: I gain the necessary resources and levels to go bossing, pking, do quests and perhaps even finish a couple of harder dungeoneering floors. Levels play a role on its own as well - once I reach 99 in a skill, the "hard work" is over and I have unlocked all the abilities which somehow provides a feeling of satisfaction.
    Last edited by Efurious; 02-14-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I loved Runescape classic. It was my absolute favorite game. All I wanted to do was play it (I was 11 or 12 when I started). When they released RS2 I was angry, but learned to love that game too. Now RS3 is out and I think it's garbage. I think I just bot now to get all of the money and things I never had back then. I rarely actually play anymore unless it's to PK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Its for the people and friends you get online ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fimmy Jallon is here ! Lets get Fimmy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Scripting is a hobby.

The fact that I gain in-game levels/wealth is a bonus - particularly as it means I can spend more of my in-game time on activities I enjoy instead of clicking round an agility course for 5 hours a night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

My main account was recently "manually permanent banned" with seemingly no evidence, and ever since, I have had no motivation to rebuild legit. So now I just bot in f2p (and try to make scripts to goldfarm with), so that I can rebuild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I get a buzz when I bot (no joke)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I prefer the feeling of trying to avoid being caught settings goals that are insane and failing at them over and over again :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Profit, profit, ni***a I got it.

Also, I love scripting, but mostly profit.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)

What: Botting
    Why1: Profit
    Why2: To be able to play my other games while I make them GPZ.
    Why3: I started to like scripting after being able to make my 1st script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I actually enjoy playing the game legit. However, since I also enjoy scripting I bot for a side income for my main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I bot just because it feels good to cheat.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chubeam View Post
    I bot just because it feels good to cheat.
    wtf man, this is not a good outlook to have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

2 thing:

First of all, money.

... but after I met Simba, I decided to focus on programming, as it really helps me with university.
    Everything is achievable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    wtf man, this is not a good outlook to have
    Haha I meant cheat on games not irl.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chubeam View Post
    Haha I meant cheat on games not irl.
    Still not a very good outlook...
    Last edited by srlMW; 04-10-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

My inner 14 year old giggles with joy when I bot to a 99. It's also just running whenever I'm not using my laptop (mainly when I'm at work) so it's not taking any time from me which is fun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information