Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you Bot/Play Runescape?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Default Why do you Bot/Play Runescape?

So, I've reached my all-time Runescape "goals" of reaching the 2000 skill milestone and gaining access to Frost Dragons but I rarely play the game anymore. All I do is logg on, maybe do a farm run or two and then rotate between multiple scripts; I get a pretty nice kick out of coming back from work/school around 12-15 hours later and seeing that my bot is still running, is that weird?

I'd love to know what keeps you playing "legit" at times and why you continue to play, year after year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Gotta get my parthat set somehow. I also have literally nothing better to do with my life at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdf View Post
    Gotta get my parthat set somehow. I also have literally nothing better to do with my life at times.
    This.

Since I have comped, gotten a white partyhat, most of the decent gear, ect, I am now going for a set of all rares.

I just do QBD, quests as they come out, ports, and flipping but school keeps me busy so its mostly just ports + flipping atm.

E: Ohh and 120 capes (might be a reason to get back into botting haha).
    Last edited by Hazzah; 05-01-2014 at 03:51 AM.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

I did it for the ranks, the xp, and a bit of gp if there was any leftover.

It was fun, it was great; ended up being more recognized than my friends in specific worlds, met a ton of few people as I was climbing the ranks.
    ..Except some players began to get get jealous and began tracking me down.
    Gained well over 900 Million total experience until I was caught in a banwave last summer.

Was nearing sub 800 overall.
    Well all things come to an end someday.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I do it mostly for the joy of making a script, the challenge. I could care less about what I gain in-game as long as I have enough to work with for making the next script.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

I don't even play. My best account has a 500 skill total. I just make a few script now and again when I need a break from study.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Wow, I always assumed that SRL Member scripters made scripts for themselves first which they then polished to release to the public. Are you in Uni? If so, what's your area of specialty/major?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoboi View Post
    Wow, I always assumed that SRL Member scripters made scripts for themselves first which they then polished to release to the public. Are you in Uni? If so, what's your area of specialty/major?
    Nope, barely play the game and when I do it's for a bit of nostalgia. And I'm doing software development and testing
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoboi View Post
    Yea at university

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

I bot for experience, all the resources I bot I use myself for skilling. I hardly do anything legit, except for some quests.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I mostly bot when I have a sudden urge to be gay and play runescape again. I curb this by starting up a bot and letting it waste it's resources rather than my own. Once I get banned or find something worth while, I move on until the next bout of gayness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I got banned botting finally at 97 wcing on oldschool runescape.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

I don't play anymore, but do plan to. I truly love this game, and I love scripting not for me but for the public, I honestly love when people would give me feedback and use my scripts... Ah the good ole' days. I just wish we had more traffic and users for these scripts that us scripters put handwork and dedication to;

P1nky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    I don't play anymore, but do plan to. I truly love this game, and I love scripting not for me but for the public, I honestly love when people would give me feedback and use my scripts... Ah the good ole' days. I just wish we had more traffic and users for these scripts that us scripters put handwork and dedication to;

P1nky.
    It's always depressing to see a script someone put a good amount of time and effort into only to get 32 downloads and one post about how it won't compile for X/Y/Z reason. Especially when you know the big-name websites would have many many users lining up to use a similar script on another website, simply because simba requires a bit more setup (that you can walk through step by step from one of the many tutorials).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

It's all a trill ride for me. It's fun being a criminal without risking going to jail for it. I also enjoy the experience although I do it to unlock quests and collect items. Nearly 95% of the money I've made has gone into training my accounts. I trust my scripts to be high enough quality to keep me relatively safe but if I ever get banned, then whatever. I got plenty other stuff to do with my life and they'll be saving me membership fees. I feel like fixing my script and releasing it as a way to telling jgx to stick it.
    GLH Tutorial ~ OpenGL Scripting
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1292150

GLH Scripts ~ Abyssal Scripts
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1293187
    Current Projects:
    A) DemiseSlayer Pro (Released/100%).
    B) Demise Power Miner(Released/100%).
    C) Demise Pyramid Plunder(Planning Stage/0%).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

I want that sexy Trimmed Completionist Cape, I want a sick bank (read: containing all items one would ever need) but I don't want to spend years and years behind a computer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I played RS like 10 years ago (26 now) but i always had too much life/work to make it anywhere/max out. I had buddies with no jobs that could play all day and I just couldnt. I always wanted to bot in rs but there wasnt anything out there worthwhile back then. The best I could do was dive into the black market sites to gain an edge. I was a mod on rs2underground and ran a spin off site called rsoutrage with a douche bag that ended up scamming me and stealing my 99 mage account. I quit and moved on to SilkRoad Online...basically 100% botters so I fit right in. I have 8 120 maxed chars on SRO but that game is so bad now. Grind grind grind, bot bot bot, 24/7 afk just isnt fun even if SRO pvp is awesome. I have an A.S. degree in CS and Ive dabbled in AutoIT so I started looking for new games. I started playing BF4 after I quit SRO and got banned for making a script that got constant 2000m headshots lol. After tha banhammer I decided to log into RS and see what I could do with AutoIt. My still unemployed buddies had recently started up RS again so I wanted to see what I could accomplish with my new thirst for source. Howwever, autoIT is pretty limited so I started searching and found this wonderful place a few months ago Im pretty sure I just like scripting/botting...I mean sure I like the game, but theres something about the power of botting that gives me a hard on. Im sure ill get banned at some point, but ill move on to another game...unless I build an empire ofc ;p This place is magical, pretty sure ill be hooked and contributing for a while My leech phase is officially over lol
    Last edited by increaseblu; 07-11-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

I want to "reach" the end of this game somehow, but sadly i don't have that much free time to play Runescape by myself, so bot helps out a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

I want to make a ton of rs cash and a few skill capes on the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Well because I get tired quickly and my account from -07 is not even over 70 att/str/def yet.. and I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks in a few days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

I find it amusing.
    People find playing the game amusing.
    I find getting a bot to do the mindless repetitive tasks for me amusing. Also, it's nice checking up on it every now and then. It's just pretty nice seeing "cool, I'm not banned yet. let's keep going n see when/if I do get banned or ragequit."

It's also something to do in your "spare time". Spare time being, I start up the bot and leave it on and that's about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Cool

I played Runescape back in like 08 and never really got into it because I was young. It put some good memories in my head because 2013 came along and I was thinking about starting up with Runescape again.. I played the actual game for a bit after I came back and then my friend told me his old "war stories" about how he botted back in 2011 or something. Off to powerbot forums I went, looking for a way to set up my gold farm. Struggling with their crappy *shots fired* "scripts", I made a thread looking for help. @Gunner replied to that thread, he helped me out and I started to Skype him.

In no time flat I had a working gold farm, using the most bad ass bot and the most flawless script. I've been going for like 2 months now? I think at least. So yah, returning player turned gold-farmer.

So to answer the question? Money. I love Runescape and I sorta still play it casually but I really enjoy the extra spending cash ;p..

tl;dr: Money is cool.
    Last edited by TylerT; 08-05-2014 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Defined "bad ass bot" and "most flawless script" lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

I started RS about 10 years ago when I was 12. Now I am 22. When I started I met a guy in lumby and we became friends. He gave me a job to mine 1000 iron ore for 10k gold. Me being a beginner did so. Then he assigned me 1000 coal mine for 30k; coal at that time was 200k for 1000. I didn't know prices being a 12 year old. Some stranger was kind enough to make me a bronze set which meant the world to me. Some guy took me to wildy and told me we were going to go see dragons and then says to attack him so he can eat cake because his inventory is too full of food (I didnt know you could drop stuff at the time) so I attacked him and got myself skulled and lost the rune scimmy that I paid my coal minings for.

The first guy who assigned me the jobs gave me other tasks along the way and I thought we were friends until I would log on and I would catch him drop trading items from my bank to his. He had my password because I gave it to him. Two years of runescaping with him and told him to not drop trade my bank anymore. He got pissed and changed my password n account. Cried like hell, probably scarred for life thanks to that guy and went into a 5 years depression being a 12 year old. Quit the game and the name of rs would bring stress upon me at that time. At about 16 I had a friend playing rs so I sent jagex recoveries and they gave the empty account back to me...played for nostalgic reasons after that and I guess what is keeping me going is becoming more and more wealthy in gp and skills than that guy who screwed me over. I don't know what his stats are but suurely having the account back and playing again makes me feel like that void is being refilled. Am happy to runescape and meet people and try new things like learning simba and writing scripts.

Was in computer eng last year at waterloo but switched to management eng so I have coding experience. Joined simba to enjoy coding in action and hopefully make some good friends over time and hear about other people's story.

name of that scum was apocalypse88.
    Last edited by twirap; 08-05-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Well I found rsbots.net, bought agility script cause I always liked having that skillcape for some reason.
    Since then all I did was botting botting botting just to get all the skillcapes. Later on I discovered there was a big demand for firecapes, powerleveling. so I started a AIO service on pb which went rather great. From that moment I did botting to gain some money. Later I started to gold farm and resell gold. Which made really nice money.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I bot so that one day I can max out and quit... when I say it like that it makes the game pointless.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information