Thread: My HTML page compatibility problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Default My HTML page compatibility problems

Hello,

I've just recently made my second (still very basic) HTML page. I tried to optimize it for the main 3 browsers - (IE, Chrome, Firefox) while writing it. I am already satisfied with the actual version in Chrome or Firefox. But I found out some fatal problems in older Internet Explorer Browsers - actually only in the most recent version of the IE is everything as I would expect. In older versions like 7 and 8 there are some shadows AND pictures missed (I suppose it's due to my use of divs, but I don't know how to fix it), and in even older versions like 5.5 and 6, there are some fatal problems and the webpage is totally messed up.

So as I am learning to write websites, it seems that especially old IE versions are quite a bit struggle, aren't they?

Is there anyone who has some experience with this kind of issues and would look at these specific problems?

the link to my page is:

http://www.ucetni-hk.cz

It's in Czech language, so you'll be missing some characters, but that's not important here so much.

SPECIFIC PROBLEMS
    - I am missing the pictures, shadows and there's also some DIV spreading at: ucetni-hk.cz/sluzby.html in all IE versions except the most recent one
    - In 5.5 and 6, there's basicly just the background for me

Thanks anyone who will take some time to look at this for me! Will be so much appreciated! Cheers

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

IE6 is from 2001 I don't think theres anything to gain in people using browsers that are over a decade old -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    IE6 is from 2001 I don't think theres anything to gain in people using browsers that are over a decade old -.-
    Well, yeah. But there definitely still are some people using IE 8 and above, which is problem for my site as well.

Thread Information