Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AeroLib Include

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Great work Flight! I think what needs to happen is this should replace srl-osr and be written like srl6. Reflection also needs to be converted so all the includes are the same. This will make all the tutorials much easier to understand and people can script for both versions of the game without learning what seems like a multiple language.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Great work Flight! I think what needs to happen is this should replace srl-osr and be written like srl6. Reflection also needs to be converted so all the includes are the same. This will make all the tutorials much easier to understand and people can script for both versions of the game without learning what seems like a multiple language.
    That's a really good point. Thanks to Olly I've plans to really make AeroLib a more object-oriented library, which I assume is would SRL-6 scripters are already comfortable with. But there's already custom content in here that I assume wouldn't be appropriate for an official include, not to mention much more to come...

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hey man, im having trouble getting this include working.
    I have followed the instructions multiple times, each time being precise and making sure to follow each step to completion. The problem is, that every time i try to run the test script, i gives me this error :
    [Error] (3:1): Unable to register function function CreatePerspective(const sx0, sy0, sx1, sy1, sx2, sy2, sx3, sy3, dx0, dy0, dx1, dy1, dx2, dy2, dx3, dy3: Double): TPerspective; at line 3
    Compiling failed.

I assume it has something to do with my SPS but even updating and re installing it, it still wont work.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imgonnaeatu View Post
    Hey man, im having trouble getting this include working.
    I have followed the instructions multiple times, each time being precise and making sure to follow each step to completion. The problem is, that every time i try to run the test script, i gives me this error :
    [Error] (3:1): Unable to register function function CreatePerspective(const sx0, sy0, sx1, sy1, sx2, sy2, sx3, sy3, dx0, dy0, dx1, dy1, dx2, dy2, dx3, dy3: Double): TPerspective; at line 3
    Compiling failed.

I assume it has something to do with my SPS but even updating and re installing it, it still wont work.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes I had another users who had this problem as well, you just need to switch your Interpreter to Lape rather than PascalScript. The instructions on how to do that are on the OP under How to install.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I've updated the include with revision 0.1 which is mostly an update to make AeroLib more F2P friendly, but it also includes some modifications to SPS as well as other random files. You'll find the TPlayer now has a 'Member' variable which you should be setting in your DeclarePlayers procedure. This will allow the include to choose which worlds to log you into, should you choose to hop to a random world. It will also determine help if you've gotten a XP reward from a random event and you've not set your player's LampSkill to a F2P skill; the default for this will be Mining so if you don't want that be sure to set this manually before running your scripts. Of course the world list has also been updated.

SPS's accuracy has been increased a bit and at the moment Olly is working on a new color-based positioning system based off the work of Slacky. Should that project be a success then it will certainly be included in AeroLib in the near future.

Happy scripting!

P.S. AeroLib has been moved to GitHub so the absolute newest revisions will be uploaded there. This also might mean AL will get an updater in Simba; here's hoping. You can check out AeroLib's GitHub page if you'd like to see the most recent changes.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Awesome release Flights, looks like you have gone to lots of effort.
    You effort is appreciate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Hey, amazing work man. Are you going to continue updating it? It hasn't been updated in a month :/ i really want fully random supported color include

can't wait

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Hey, amazing work man. Are you going to continue updating it? It hasn't been updated in a month :/ i really want fully random supported color include

can't wait
    This very day I'll be adjusting quite a bit. The next revision will include a new color-based walking method designed by Olly which utilizes Slacky's SimbaExt library. I'm also getting to know this include as well, I believe, if used correctly, it will be a powerful tool in building more complex color random-solvers. Also the next revision will include some reflection for walking only. I actually only added this for my most recent work (Abyssal runecrafter) and when the new color walking system (SEWalker) is able to load multiple custom maps then I'll remove reflection from AeroLib to retain the state of color only. Aside from that there will be a few logical changes here and there, and if there's time I'll work on some user-friendly tutorials on how to script with AeroLib.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    This very day I'll be adjusting quite a bit. The next revision will include a new color-based walking method designed by Olly which utilizes Slacky's SimbaExt library. I'm also getting to know this include as well, I believe, if used correctly, it will be a powerful tool in building more complex color random-solvers. Also the next revision will include some reflection for walking only. I actually only added this for my most recent work (Abyssal runecrafter) and when the new color walking system (SEWalker) is able to load multiple custom maps then I'll remove reflection from AeroLib to retain the state of color only. Aside from that there will be a few logical changes here and there, and if there's time I'll work on some user-friendly tutorials on how to script with AeroLib.
    Awesome, Can't wait :P

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

No-no no it's all slackys work, I only tested it quite alot and just passed it though to you :P

And can't you already do multiple maps?

Simba Code:
    var
       map1: TSEWalker;
       map2: TSEWalker;

begin
        map1.create();
        map2.create();
        //etc..
    end;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Am i suppose to include {$i AeroLib/AeroLib.Simba} infront of scripts because they mainly run on pascal.
    Also my comp says the allinone zip is a virus but idk if I believe it.
    Last edited by klew1102; 07-26-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Finally pushed out revision 0.3 which is multiple fixes and adjustments as well as the addition of SEWalker, an alternative color-based positioning system which utilizes Slacky's SimbaExt include. Be sure to thank him for this, it's a masterpiece and really a shame it's not receiving more attention... In the future I'll experiment with it as I believe it'll be a powerful tool and I'd love to apply it to random-solvers. Anyways, be sure to update everyone.

Oh yeah... I believe this update may give compile errors for my already released AL-based scripts. I'll update these tomorrow night, I apologize for any issues users might be having because of this.
    Last edited by Flight; 07-30-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

It's awesome that you are using SimbaExt man
    If I knew you where going to use that SEWalker, I would have made it more reliable, and less hacky.. like as it's now it's just some prototype code I wrote to "help"/show Olly.

Tho, I am skeptical about the changes you made to SEWalker:
    I see some are for the better, but it's very hacky. Hopefully you did some proper tests with your changes.

- Like, making a var "sdist", which is staticly defined as 20px, instead of using the "SkipDist" variable in the record which was added for that purpose (and originally used), was just stupid, and gives the user less control, you could have just defaulted skipdist to default at 20px (however 20px skipdist is too much).
    - You also removed the "blindwalk" thingy I added, which was utilized whenever the walker failed at finding the correct current position, that "blindwalk"-thingy made me able to walk from [Al-kharid > Lumby > Fally] and back through [Varrok > Al-kharid (bank)], all in one path. I do not think that will work now, as the "blindwalk" was utilized multiple times over that path.
    - You also seem to have dropped using ValidatePath which is not so "scripter-friendly": It ensured that the distance between points in the "Path" was no more then "SEW_Outer", and told the scripter about this before it started walking, so that they KNOW why it would fail, rather then having to walk the path, and see it fail, and then having to guess why it failed...

And for no reason (what so ever), you randomly prefixed all the functions you added to IE: SEW_WalkPath(..) rather then following the object-oriented style the rest of the module was written with (SEWalker.WalkPath()).. That was just a dumb thing to do, and just makes it harder for users to use, it's much less CC-friendly versus having all record-methods related to SEWalker, under the SEWalker-type.

That's about all I have to bitch about right now.
    Last edited by slacky; 07-31-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Yes my testing with the SEWalker is near none infact, below I'll answer your questions individually.

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    - Like, making a var "sdist", which is staticly defined as 20px, instead of using the "SkipDist" variable in the record which was added for that purpose (and originally used), was just stupid, and gives the user less control, you could have just defaulted skipdist to default at 20px (however 20px skipdist is too much).
    Yes I added this parameter to work with the SEW_WalkPath function which would have acted the same as my previous forms of walking for SPS; tiles < the target tile, in a path, will have a greater flag distance before the next tile in the path is found and the last tile having a shorter flag distance. Cannot accomplish this with a static "SkipDist". It is, in fact, just the opposite of what you say of restricting user control.

- You also removed the "blindwalk" thingy I added, which was utilized whenever the walker failed at finding the correct current position, that "blindwalk"-thingy made me able to walk from [Al-kharid > Lumby > Fally] and back through [Varrok > Al-kharid (bank)], all in one path. I do not think that will work now, as the "blindwalk" was utilized multiple times over that path.
    I'll look again at the original that was sent to me, I don't remember removing anything similar to that.

- You also seem to have dropped using ValidatePath which is not so "scripter-friendly": It ensured that the distance between points in the "Path" was no more then "SEW_Outer", and told the scripter about this before it started walking, so that they KNOW why it would fail, rather then having to walk the path, and see it fail, and then having to guess why it failed...
    I believe I did this because of the new SEW_WalkPath function which needed SEW.WalkToPos to return if it was successful or not, and within that function already exist distance checkers, if I understood it correctly. Should SEW_WalkPath fail to walk to the next tile in a path for 10-12 seconds the function will also result false. It's my preference to use functions over procedures for the reason of appropriate fail-safes.

And for no reason (what so ever), you randomly prefixed all the functions you added to IE: SEW_WalkPath(..) rather then following the object-oriented style the rest of the module was written with (SEWalker.WalkPath()).. That was just a dumb thing to do, and just makes it harder for users to use, it's much less CC-friendly versus having all record-methods related to SEWalker, under the SEWalker-type.[/FONT]
    Two functions, yes. This is because your SEWalker type already has your own version of "FFlag()" which does not function as the real, normal "FFlag". It would be more appropriate to rename yours to "flagPresent()". For this reason I was not able to use the standard "FFlag()" function with a distance parameter and had to make a separate function from the object-oriented SEWalker type, which excludes your "FFlag()".

Now, as I said at the top, I've tested this next to nothing. The changes I've made are mostly based off positioning & walking in a custom map so, granted, it's not fair to shape your include around a single style of usage. If you'd like I'll be happy to revert everything back to your original version, I don't mind it at all, and if you've adjustments and/or improvements to make then, again, I'll be more than happy to add them in. My work to the SEWalker.simba file clearly was not yet finished, and should it return to its original form then I imagine nearly all my scripts in the future which utilize it will have many overrides to your procedures, simply because I like A: Failsafes and B: more scripter-control. I'm not a fan of static code, as my include and scripts clearly reflect.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

hello.

I would like to report to you that whenever i use aerolib with this script [AL]DroiFletch in the fleching section( here's the link to it https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109071), with all my details filled in username and password etc. It mixes the characters of my username and password in the runescape 2007 login screen. for example say in the script i have filled my username to be "tom" and my password is 123. When i run the script , it fills my username to 1t3 and password to o2m. all characters are there but it just mixes them up... again thanks in advance in looking for this problem. I have also posted this in script thread , your aerolib include thread so it could grab your attention quicker. Thanks

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tomjerry View Post
    hello.

I would like to report to you that whenever i use aerolib with this script [AL]DroiFletch in the fleching section( here's the link to it https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109071), with all my details filled in username and password etc. It mixes the characters of my username and password in the runescape 2007 login screen. for example say in the script i have filled my username to be "tom" and my password is 123. When i run the script , it fills my username to 1t3 and password to o2m. all characters are there but it just mixes them up... again thanks in advance in looking for this problem. I have also posted this in script thread , your aerolib include thread so it could grab your attention quicker. Thanks
    Thanks mate I got your PM as well. I won't be at home until late tonight but when I arrive I'll try recreating your problem so I can see what's going wrong. From what you told me before it's an issue when logging in via the browser; that's a start. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

I can't load slackworlds's extension to get simbaext.rar, can anyone upload it for me somewhere?

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hakishakataki View Post
    I can't load slackworlds's extension to get simbaext.rar, can anyone upload it for me somewhere?
    I just tested the download link, it works fine for me. Try it again and if you have trouble let me know; I'll re-upload it for you.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

I just tested the download link, it works fine for me. Try it again and if you have trouble let me know; I'll re-upload it for you.
    Sorry Flight, for some reason I still cant access the website. I have no idea what's up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

Is there a reflection include that works with lape? and more importantly with this include?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fitta View Post
    Is there a reflection include that works with lape? and more importantly with this include?
    This is a colour only include.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    This is a colour only include.
    Captain Obvious heh..

Maybe I was unclear. Is there a reflection include you could COMBINE with this(that also runs with lape)?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Captain Obvious heh..

Maybe I was unclear. Is there a reflection include you could COMBINE with this(that also runs with lape)?
    We only have one reflection include in development and as far as I'm aware it's only PascalScript compatible unfortunately.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Captain Obvious heh..

No, I meant there was no addons to make it reflection currently. Making it a 100% color only include.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

@Flight, If I was to make a some suggestions on the include, would that be here in this thread or via PM?

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information